Incomplete registration on Bucks PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a PCN ticket whilst parked in a council run car park in Aylesbury

Now, I actually had purchased a ticket and was displaying it, it appears it had slipped down the windscreen slightly, but it was just about visible. Indeed see attached photos, you can see the ticket directly under where the warden stuck the PCN (circled in white)

I was going to appeal on this basis, but I have also noticed a problem with the actual PCN.

It appears the warden's printer must have been dodgy, as it;s only printed half the text on the ticket.

Much of the wording is cut off on the right hand side, the end of the date is missing (the year!!)

but most importantly the registration is incomplete!

They have only shown the first four characters of the plate - indeed on the payment slip at the bottom there is no registration plate at all! See arrows on photo

My question is, can I appeal on the basis of the number plate being incomplete, or should I stick to the fact I had a ticket anyway!

I feel rather aggrieved that he ticketed me so absolutely do not want to pay this!

Many thanks for any assistance you might be able to give

Photos showing ticket in place, assume the warden knocked my ticket down when he stuck the PCN on the windscreen!

Incomplete print on actual ticket

Here's the actual ticket I had bought and was displaying

img0292.jpg

Img_0599(1).jpg

Img_0598(1).jpg

img030.jpg

Not just the date and reg no, the pcn must also have the pcn no., the contravention in full, and the penalty payable. These are statutory requirements and must be present in full on the pcn.

Compare yours with a full Bucks pcn:

https://goo.gl/images/VM8UVM

They'd be mad not to cancel, it'd be a slam dunk win at adjudication.

Keep that pcn safe, only send photocopy with your informal challenge.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/3483/schedule/made

Contents of a penalty charge notice served under regulation 9

1. A penalty charge notice served under regulation 9 must, in addition to the matters required to be included in it by regulation 3(2) of the Representations and Appeals Regulations, state—

(a)the date on which the notice is served;

(b)the name of the enforcement authority;

©the registration mark of the vehicle involved in the alleged contravention; No

(d)the date and the time at which the alleged contravention occurred; No

(e)the grounds on which the civil enforcement officer serving the notice believes that a penalty charge is payable; No

(f)the amount of the penalty charge;

(g)that the penalty charge must be paid not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the penalty charge notice was served; No

(h)that if the penalty charge is paid not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the notice is served, the penalty charge will be reduced by the amount of any applicable discount; No

(i)the manner in which the penalty charge must be paid; and

(j)that if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the period of 28 days referred to in subparagraph (g), a notice to owner may be served by the enforcement authority on the owner of the vehicle.

Thank you guys, so should I not even mention the fact I had a ticket on display, and just concentrate on the invalid PCN ? Or shall I mention the ticket too, and include the photo of it in my windscreen, under the PCN

Thank you guys, so should I not even mention the fact I had a ticket on display, and just concentrate on the invalid PCN ? Or shall I mention the ticket too, and include the photo of it in my windscreen, under the PCN

I'd mention the P&D ticket and include a copy. I wouldn't include a photo of it since it's not readable in your photos and would justify the issuing of the pcn

Excellent advice. I would also recommend including a copy of the ticket you bought, for no other reason than it provides them with an easy rationale to accept your main appeal about the PCN itself. They might deliberate over the missing print on the PCN if that's all you put forward, but if you hand them another good reason to cancel, they may well just concede the point and be done with.

most councils will cancel if you can show evidence of a valid ticket but dont send the original. I have had one PCN cancelled by Wandsworth when I read them the ticket number over the phone. They can check such things and are aware of the defence of "triviality" so in their interests to be fair. However, not all councils are, Barnet leaps to mind.