pugilist

Post Office staff refused to provide the service

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1073 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good morning!

I have an interesting issue here. Last week a friend of mine came to a Post Office branch at Canning Town.

There was already a small queue of just 3 people.

It was Saturday. Closing time was 12:30.

She came to the branch at 12:10. All she needed was to register her biometric details.

The procedure normally takes around 4 minutes.

But the staff of the Post Office refused to service her, because otherwise they would have to stay at work later than 12:30..

After several minutes of arguing my friend had to leave the branch, it was 12:20, still 10 minutes before closure.

What should my friend have done in that situation? I'd like to know if the Post Office staff violated the law by doing so? If yes, how could the girl make them act in accordance with the law?

Why? Did they make her leave?

Yes. They refused to service her and told her to leave. You'll be laughing, but they even tried to prevent her from entering... at 12:10!!

Should have gone earlier as if there was anything wrong with it it would take extra time to resolve.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is shocking customer service, but not illegal.

The most you could do would be to put in a complaint to head office, I think that is be worth doing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The most you could do would be to put in a complaint to head office, I think that is be worth doing.

And they will merely parrot what is on their website:

Waiting times

Lots of people need to use this service – so if you visit on a Saturday or a Monday you may have to wait longer than usual. You may also be required to attend the following day if there are other people waiting to enrol.

If you visit on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday the waiting times are likely to be shorter.

Please note: customers may be turned away and asked to re-attend where there are long queues prior to closing time.

Read more at http://www.postoffice.co.uk/foreign-nationals-enrolment-biometric-residence-permit#GlvIOeKqj6wfSvX3.99

It is shocking customer service, but not illegal.

Well, taking into consideration what you and Michael Brown said, it looks like there's no point doing so, as long as their actions do not contradict their policy and the law.

Most probably be closing the branch down shortly then they wont need to clock watch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Big brother is alive and well.

The post office are shocking when it comes to customer service.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The post office are shocking when it comes to customer service.

yep. an eg. a queue builds up, and then a member of staff just gets up and goes off to the back office leaving just one on the counter. seen it many times.

IMO

:-):rant: