Post Office staff refused to provide the service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning!

I have an interesting issue here. Last week a friend of mine came to a Post Office branch at Canning Town.

There was already a small queue of just 3 people.

It was Saturday. Closing time was 12:30.

She came to the branch at 12:10. All she needed was to register her biometric details.

The procedure normally takes around 4 minutes.

But the staff of the Post Office refused to service her, because otherwise they would have to stay at work later than 12:30..

After several minutes of arguing my friend had to leave the branch, it was 12:20, still 10 minutes before closure.

What should my friend have done in that situation? I'd like to know if the Post Office staff violated the law by doing so? If yes, how could the girl make them act in accordance with the law?

The most you could do would be to put in a complaint to head office, I think that is be worth doing.

And they will merely parrot what is on their website:

Waiting times

Lots of people need to use this service – so if you visit on a Saturday or a Monday you may have to wait longer than usual. You may also be required to attend the following day if there are other people waiting to enrol.

If you visit on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday the waiting times are likely to be shorter.

Please note: customers may be turned away and asked to re-attend where there are long queues prior to closing time.

Read more at http://www.postoffice.co.uk/foreign-nationals-enrolment-biometric-residence-permit#GlvIOeKqj6wfSvX3.99

It is shocking customer service, but not illegal.

The most you could do would be to put in a complaint to head office, I think that is be worth doing.

Well, taking into consideration what you and Michael Brown said, it looks like there's no point doing so, as long as their actions do not contradict their policy and the law.

Most probably be closing the branch down shortly then they wont need to clock watch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread