A Trader

Sole trader while being a LTD Company director and LLP member

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 875 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Can you tell me how can i register as a sole trader while in the same time I'm a LTD company director and a LLP member?

It seems to be a problem through the HM R&C online service or I just can't find the answer...

Looking forward for all your help

You should be able to do so.

Keep on at HMRC, or ask your accountant to help.

All 3 can trade independently, with independent liability.

The LLP has limited liability for its partners, and you can be a company director without holding any company shares.

Even if you do hold limited company shares your limit of liability is their value (once paid up), provided your fiduciary duty as a director isn't breached.

So, they are all independent, and the only one with unlimited personal liability (if you adequately discharge your duties as a director) is the sole tradership.

do you have very similar company names? It may be prudent to change the company names to it is clearer that they are not exactky the same entity

Thank you BazzaS, ericsbrother,

The company name and business is different so that shouldn't be an issue.

Best Regards

You do not need to register.

You only need to register as self employed.

If you are a LLP member then you should already be registered as elf employed.

There is no requirement for further registration.

If you have not registered as self employed while you are a member of the LLP then the fines will be mounting and you should register for self employment asap.