BankFodder BankFodder

Bigjazzy

Debt sold but has Decree

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1299 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I was wondering if someone had any knowledge of who a decree could be transferred when a debt is sold. I am aware that it would have to go back to court under section 88 of the Debtors Act.

The Act says that the new company would have to provide "(b)the assignation (along with evidence of its intimation to the debtor), confirmation as executor or other document establishing the applicant’s right."

Majority of debts are sold without any formal documents such as being assigned etc. I for one have requested debt collectors in the past for such information and to date no one has yet provided anything to this effect.

How easy is it to try and get a Decree changed to a different company who acquires the debt. Has something like this happened in the past? I have searched the internet and various forums but cant find anything relating to this?

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

debt collectors are like estate agents they dont own what they are touting. If there has been a transfer of the debt then you should get a notice of assignment. This may be a very simple 2 line letter from wither the old or new owner of the debt