Smart Parking PCN Greenwich Shopping Park, Charlton & only 2days left

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help.

I've received a parking charge notice through the post.

It is £70 but reduced to £40 if I pay by Thursday 10th.

I ran over the 3hrs parking by 35 minutes as I was breastfeeding my distressed baby in the back of the car.

I challenged this on the website as the letter suggests but have had no response or acknowledgment.

I don't know whether to just pay the £40 as I cant risk having to pay the full £70.

1 Date of the infringement 23/10/16

2 Date on the NTK 28/10/16

3 Date received 30/10/16

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, car driving in and out of car park

6 Have you appealed?

Yes on website saying was breastfeeding baby in car as he became distressed and asking them to look at videos of car park as would see that I got into back seat with baby.

Have you had a response? No and no acknowledgment

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Greenwich Shopping Park, Charlton

no need to rush to do or pay anything

don't forget this is NOT A FINE!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Firstly, are you able to upload the letters from (not so) Smart Parking. Please remove all identifying data, (name, address, car reg, reference numbers, barcodes) but leave in dates and times and the pictures of your car. (cover the reg number) this help us help you.

Since 2015, Smart have taken no-one to court for failing to pay. This doesn't mean they won't, just that they haven't done so...yet!

You didn't do yourself any favours by stating you were feeding the baby as this may have identified you as the driver however, they should allow extra time for this as you wouldn't be expected to go elsewhere when a car park is the best place at the time.

I don't suppose you kept copies of your appeal submitted as if they continue to ignore them you would have proof that you appealed.

Anyhoo, Google Maps are calling for me to see if I can find any images of the signs. If I can't, you may have to go back and take some pretty pictures.

For now, ignore them is my opinion

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well, what signs I can make out are non compliant as the amount of the charge is not prominent. For their to be a contract formed, the driver needs to know the terms and as far as I can see, the charge is in the small print which is a no-no.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

For the future

dont appeal on any grounds other than purely legal ones that you are sure of,

breastfeeding a baby doesnt get you out of a contract but Smart are anything but so all is not lost.

You have lost the protection of the POFA by identifying yourself so you then have to rely on a lack of contract being formed or broken

so the signage is most important here

if local to you get down there and photograph all of the signs there that are different and make a note of where they are.

If there is NO sign at the entrance to the land then tell us that as well, this is most important.