bluenoseboy Vs Barclays

bluenoseboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I've send the letter for my statements. Got them back and sent another one asking for the money they owe me (£2785). Barclays sent a letter making me an offer withoutliability and all that caper for £1000.

I've read through some of the topics and forums but I am unsure what to do now.

October - Letter sent for statements

October - Statements recived. Highlighed my charges (£2785) and sent a letter asking for the amount to be refunded in full

November - Recieved reply making an offer of £1000 which I will not be accepting.

30/11/06 - MCOL 3220.11 INC 8% - wait 14 days...(14/12/06)

Acknowledged on the last day :( 28 days to respond

03/01/07 Barclays are defending. Not sure what happens next...

Thanks for everyone's help so far

Thanks Josamolly! I was going to turn it down. Thanks for the link!

October - Statements recived. Highlighed my charges (£2785) and sent a letter asking for the amount to be refunded in full

November - Recieved reply making an offer of £1000 which I will not be accepting.

I've written back accepting the partial payment. I've given them 7 days to reply other wise court proceeding will start. Is this correct?

I've written back accepting the partial payment. I've given them 7 days to reply other wise court proceeding will start. Is this correct?

I assume you used the rejection letter from this site but, remember the correct timescales, 14 days to respond positively to your Prelim letter, a further 14 days to respond to your LBA then it's court so, yes, provided you have given them those periods mentioned in your letters, go ahead and file.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

I think I put 7 for the LBA one. Will this affect my claim?

I think I put 7 for the LBA one. Will this affect my claim?

No it shouldn't affect it. Just give them 14 days instead because it will be clear from the date you file at Court that you have given them 14 days.

Welshman

Thanks for helping me :) I had been looking at dates and must've got confused. No doubt I will need help in the next step! Roll on 22, I mean the 29/11/06 (court date)

I recoeved another letter back stating that was their final offer of 1000 and they are sorry we cannot come to an agreement. Do I still need to wait til the 29 for MCOL?

I recoeved another letter back stating that was their final offer of 1000 and they are sorry we cannot come to an agreement. Do I still need to wait til the 29 for MCOL?

Yes I would, because that is what you told them in the LBA but there are differing opinions because the text in their letter to you mentions "full and final" offer and it would appear from that that they will not budge, regardless.

Welshman

Yes I would, because that is what you told them in the LBA but there are differing opinions because the text in their letter to you mentions "full and final" offer and it would appear from that that they will not budge, regardless.

I gave them until the 22nd. I only discovered afterwards that it should've been the 22. So as far as they're concerned, they have til 22nd (today). Can I go ahead now?

Thanks Welshman. Just on the MCOL website now. No doubt I will as k more question :)

• 2 weeks later...

Filed my case today with MCOL. Wait 14 days now. No doubt they will acknowledge me on the 13th day as per usual for Barclays

Filed my case today with MCOL. Wait 14 days now. No doubt they will acknowledge me on the 13th day as per usual for Barclays

Remember, they have a total of 19 days from the day you file. They are allowed 5 days to be served.

Welshman

Thanks Welshman. What do I have to send?

• 1 month later...

Ok, times moved on and now I've been sent my AQ and Barclays defence is 9 points. Is this normal?

I'm in work at the moment so will type out the long list of points or paraphrase them. Thanks, Tanzarelli

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. I've filled in my AQ and heard nothing back and it's been about 4 weeks since the deadline. IS this normal? I havent sent nothing else to Barclays or the court as I haven't been asked yet. Can someone please put my mind at ease..

• 1 month later...

OK, got the letter paying back all of my money. Sending the letter to get it back today :)

Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me :)