one month out of warranty - 11 month of contact, faulty phone Vodafone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Iphoe 6s has developed a fault in the last month where the speaker crackles when making a call, had I taken it back as soon as it started there would have been no problems, but because I waited its now 13 months old.

Vodafone are simply saying its out of warranty and want to charge me to repair it. The phone is in excellent condition, never been repaired before and has no marks/chips anywhere on it to show any impact damage. Am I covered in anyway to get the phone repaired as its not fit for purpose?

Thanks

Rubbish you are covered under cra[ ex soga]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You don't need to print out the section or give it to them. Vodafone are fully aware of your rights but this is more of their cheating type of behaviour. Despite the fact that they are the most complained about mobile phone company and have recently been fined for it, they still continue this kind of behaviour. I really don't understand why anybody bothered to get involved with Vodafone. They offer rubbish service and they have a reputation for smashing up people's credit files.

You must first of all decide what you want to do. If you are not prepared to take legal action then quite frankly you better shut up shop and go home. Vodafone are bullies and the only thing that makes them look at you as a human being and a customer with some value to them is when they receive the court papers.

If you decide that you want to take legal action then you need to do a little bit of preparation to understand the steps in beginning a County Court action and then following it through. There is lots of information on this forum but also it is all set out fairly neatly in our new Consumer Survival Handbook.

If you aren't really sure about starting a claim then it's not worth doing anything. If you simply threaten it, they will ignore you and they will have called your bluff and you will simply end up humiliated and discredited. If you want to take legal action then get to know the steps – this will only take a couple of days. Then send them a letter before action telling them that regardless of their 12 month warranty, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 requires that the goods which they sell to you are of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time. Tell them that because there is now problem with the speakers on the phone, they are in breach of that legislation and that if they will not offer a full repair or a replacement within 14 days that you will then issue a claim in the County Court and without further notice to them.

Don't expect to get a reply from Vodafone. They won't believe your letter because too many people bluff them. Spend the 14 days preparing your claim on the MoneyClaim website. You can save your work down and then issue the claim at the expiry of your deadline. Don't let the deadline pass without issuing the claim. 48 hours later they will have the claim papers and within a week or two – maybe three, you will get an idea of their reaction. We will be very interested to know what they say.

We used to have a Vodafone rep on this forum but eventually they were so slack and so unreliable that we kick them off. I have to say we have noticed any difference without them.

Yes as already stated you are more than covered by CRA,if you purchased the phone from Apple then they are fully aware of the Law in the UK and make it very clear in their T&Cs,however I feel the purchase was made through Vodaphone?????who are also aware of the Law they are just trying it on as usual

FS