Reapplying for ESA after failing ATOS a couple of years back

showgun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I will start with a brief bit on my situation -

Two years ago, I was on ESA for social anxiety, failed the ATOS test and had to go on JSA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?327891-Help-with-applying-for-ESA-due-to-social-anxiety

My disability adviser was/is great and I was referred to an organisation who dealt with people with disability's looking for work.

The programme was for a year and they found me a placement, suitable for someone with my condition.

This all ended and I was back to the Job Centre, where I was told I will now be referred to "Triage"(Work Programme)

Ive been with them for a few weeks,

my anxiety is pretty high and they were understanding to an extent,

one to one meetings and such, but that's changed and they want to stick me in a crowded classroom (Which a 10 on the richter scale of social anxiety for me) I explained this, but they claim as I am on JSA, their hands are tied.

I dont know what to do now. I failed the ATOS test 2 years ago(Not been claiming ESA since) and wondering if I should see my doctor to claim it again? Would I even be allowed to or would it be denied as it is the same condition and I had previously failed ATOS and never turned up to my appeal(Anxiety be damned)

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Edited by showgun

Because it's been more than 6 months, you can reapply with the same condition, even if it hasn't got worse.

Because you have a long term disability / condition, they are meant to make reasonable adjustments.

Thats great.

Thanks for the help.

I"m not sure the 6 months rule still applies, I have a feeling you can now only reapply if your condition has got worse.

In this case, I would be arguing that the Work Programme provider has made your conditon worse and would even try to get my GP to put that on a fit note.

However they should be making reasonable adjustments for you and saying they can't is BS. Complain to the manager and your advisor at the Jobcentre, put it in writing and just hand it over at your next appointment with each of them.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I"m not sure the 6 months rule still applies, I have a feeling you can now only reapply if your condition has got worse.

In this case, I would be arguing that the Work Programme provider has made your conditon worse and would even try to get my GP to put that on a fit note.

However they should be making reasonable adjustments for you and saying they can't is BS. Complain to the manager and your advisor at the Jobcentre, put it in writing and just hand it over at your next appointment with each of them.

This makes me slightly more anxious reapplying again :-/

The lady I see at the Work Programme was understanding at first, but that seems to have gone out the window. Some staff left and I dont think they can fit everyone in now for 1 to 1s and stuck us all in a room and go round the table, asking us one by one what we have been doing. A classroom is my worst nightmare, never mind having to speak round an open table !

Im due in tomorrow and spoke to the lady I usually deal with and asked for 1-1, but she says it might be hard and just come in tomorrow

Im bricking it :-/

Yes, your condition needs to have deteriorated or a new illness developed.

Hope this link is allowed as it explains it all.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Employment-and-Support-Allowance/Repeat-Claims-of-Employment-and-Support-Allowance