BankFodder BankFodder

DerekCor

Return Mattress Ikea under DSR

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1304 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I ordered two single beds/mattresses from Ikea which were delivered a week ago.

After setting up a bed and mattress, we decided they would not be suitable for us and completed a cancellation form with Ikea within 7 days of delivery.

They have advised me that they will refund the bed bases but only provide store credit for mattresses as they have been opened!

They were opened to inspect and also to check that there were no undue smells, which can be associated with memory foam.

The mattresses are unused, there is nothing in their terms and conditions to state that if opened they would not refund, nor in any of there pre sale advice.

We would never purchase anything online without the opportunity to inspect and return for full refund if necessary, so we feel we have been misled here.

The only reference I can find that may possible apply is an exception under the new consumer contracts regs with regard to items

"received sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons once unsealed"

I cannot think that would apply in our circumstances,

we have the right to inspect as in a shop and they are unused,

also they did not advise us anywhere that we would lose any rights should we open them!

I have emailed twice so far and they have refused to budge in their stance so any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated,

Thanks

Derek

memory foam always smell initially anyway but disperses in a very short time, hope you did not use that as the excuse>>????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

could E-Mail their CEO and deal with them direct without the in betweeners?

IKEA UK

Ms Gillian Drakeford Country Manager

Email Gillian.Drakeford@ikea.com

Telephone 020 8233 2300

Switchboard 020 8233 2300

Website http://www.ikea.co.uk

Thanks for the contact information, I will give that a try. Yes am aware of memory foam smell, but some I believe much worse and hang around longer, and no did not use as an excuse

but under DSR did not think I needed an excuse?

Regards

Derek

The Consumer Contracts Regulations - which came into force in the UK in June 2015 - now apply when making online purchases.

DSR no more

Consumer Rights Act 2015

The rules also include digital content in this definition. So all products - whether physical or digital - must meet the following standards:

Satisfactory quality Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them.

You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question?

For example, bargain bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods.

Fit for purpose

The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods.

As described The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

you can return anything purchased online within 14 days under CRA

same as was with DSR

you don't need an excuse at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.