Lowell's claim form..old Shop Direct CAT 'debt'

Psp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue – 31 October 2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1.The claim is for the sum of £398.82 due by the defendant under a non-regulated Shop Direct account with an account ref of ******

The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreemant.

The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 28/Aug/2015, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

2.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of proceedings in the sum of £31.91

The claimant claims the sum of £450.73

What is the value of the claim? £515.73 including court fee and legal costs.

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? catalogue debt.

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Yes, i think so

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I think so, from Lowell

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes but had a repayment agreement. Had been paying regularly until i missed a couple of payments. Then Lowell took over even though I was still paying OC. This is when I stopped paying.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes

Why did you cease payments? Financial hardship. I'm a single parent on a low income.

What was the date of your last payment? Over a year ago.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes, had been making payments for about 3 years.

Funnily enough,

my account with Littlewoods is still active and is showing that I have available credit.

As I've been paying this for over 3 years

I'm pretty sure that by now I've paid for the goods I bought.

I would think the balance owing would easily be covered by charges and interest accrued when I was originally in financial difficulty following my (now ex) husband leaving.

Hi Psp and Welcome to CAG

Your next task is to send off a CPR 31.14 and CCA request (as per the link you have completed above) and then acknowledge service of the claim within 19 days of the claim form date (the date being day 1)

State your intended plea (if defending all you get another 14 days then to submit your defence)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Yes, i think so

so which is it....:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so which is it....:lol:

Apologies, I only read the 'before' in my rush to fill the form in! As far as I can remember, it was before 2007. But my memory isn't great!

Edited by Psp

I have done the CCA and CPR 31.14 and will post tomorrow.

The MCOL website crashed while I was on there,

I clicked the defend option just before it crashed so I think I've done it right.

Is this classed as acknowledgement of service of the claim?

Sorry, I've never dealt with anything like this before.

What is my next step in the process please?

yep mcol often has issues

just pop back at some point and check its done

no rush, cant hurt anything.

if it did fail.

you've a good while yet to ack the claim [day 19]

might help to go and get your credit file?

might give some pointers on take out time

Don't forget to get your credit file too

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good pre apr 2007 so at some point they wold have sent you an agreement to sign

if/if not you sent it back as 99% didn't is another matter

though most ofcourse were online sign up

so lets see what they produce if anything!

and they

I have received a letter from CohenCramer saying they have received my request for documents. It says that Lowell have given them a minimum of 45 days to send the documents to me, the account is on hold and I will have a further 14 days to prepare my defence once I've received the documents. What do I need to do now please?

You need to read like threads. ..

And do not miss your defence filing date....

and they

33 days from the date on the claimform

whereby that date is ONE in the count

if this falls on a w/end you file on the Friday by 4pm

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please have a look at my defence, many thanks.

1.The claim is for the sum of £398.82 due by the defendant under a non-regulated Shop Direct account with an account ref of ******

2.The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 28/Aug/2015, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of proceedings in the sum of £31.91

The claimant claims the sum of £450.73

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had in the past an agreement with Shop Direct but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.It is my understanding that all credit facilities provided by Shop Direct would be regulated and legislated under Credit Consumer Act 1974.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied. I have not received a Default Notice from the original creditor.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.

Therefore Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and evidence the nature of any breach by way of a Default Notice

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. On the 8th November 2016 I made a legal request by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply and therefore is in default of this request and as such is forbidden to request any relief until such compliance.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
Edited

1 .Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with [enter original creditor] but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

not sure on the blue bit either

and they

let andyorch check things over before filing...

not due until Friday week mind so no rush.

and they