ESA (Contribution) Based (from start to...........

havinastella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having been in work for over 30 years, I have had to apply for ESA. I phoned the application number on Monday and answered all the questions (1hr 35 mins) The girl on the phone was a 'trainee' and started to ask me for my partners information. I pointed out she did not need these and she put me on hold. Finally she admitted she did not require my partners details.

This is just my story and I hope it could help someone in the future. I was released from work on the 28th October 2016 due to Capability. (L4/L5 Discetomy and decompression operation on 8th May 2015) left with residual nerve damage and L4/L5/S1 Neropathic back pain due to a crumbling spine.

First 7 days are self certified and unclaimable due to ESA rules. I have requested a Dr's note from 7th November 2016 and will need to send it off to the address advised by the 'Advisor' (loosest possible description)

Will keep this thread updated all the way forward.

Jogs

Oh Jogs I do sympathise with you, I had an L5/S1 Discectomy during the OP the surgeon cut the Dura Cord causing a CSF leak which was complicated a few days later by me collapsing as I had contacted 2 bacterial strains of Meningitis.

Due to all that and being in constant pain 24/7 was only diagnosed with a rare medical condition due to the above a few yrs ago called Arachnoiditis which is at the severe stage which I would not wish on anyone.

Please do keep us updated

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Oh Jogs I do sympathise with you, I had an L5/S1 Discectomy during the OP the surgeon cut the Dura Cord causing a CSF leak which was complicated a few days later by me collapsing as I had contacted 2 bacterial strains of Meningitis.

Due to all that and being in constant pain 24/7 was only diagnosed with a rare medical condition due to the above a few yrs ago called Arachnoiditis which is at the severe stage which I would not wish on anyone.

Please do keep us updated

Bloody hell Stu, how to make me feel better :) x x x

Now had two surgeries on my spine including fusions and my surgeon keeps telling me it's very unusual to be left with permanent nerve damage - though being told by the NHS that there was nothing wrong with my back for 10+ years wouldn't have helped.

Not helpful for havinastella, but I don't feel quite so unlucky now I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 2 months later...

Update!

Since my claim, I have been paid £146.20 every two weeks. Soon after my initial claim I was sent the WCA forms which I returned and awaited my assessment. I was called on Monday 2nd Jan and instructed my appointment was at Croydon on 3rd January. I asked her to repeat her name for the recording, as I had to have at least 7 days notice in writing. She refused to repeat her name and told me they would write to me.

A few days later, I received my assessment in Balham, SW London, about a 90 mins drive. I phoned the appointment number and before I could complain, they told me it had been cancelled as they had noticed I needed a wheelchair access. They informed me, my appointment was now in Lewes, near Brighton on a Saturday!

I informed them, Saturday was a no no, as my driver works weekends and was informed to ring back after christmas to arrange another assessment.

Rang in the new year and 'STUART' informed me, I was on the system as 'NO WEEKEND' interview. Stuart was fantastic and sounded like he wanted to kill himself. At present, there are no slots at Lewes, so I can happily spend my £76 a week. Jesus, I love living the good life.

Waiting for appointment, which will be recorded under cover and full transcript posted on here.

Jogs