Just did it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Requested my charges back from Halifax customer relations on 13-11-06 by signed for Royal Mail delivery.

Had a letter on 14-11-07 confirming receipt of documents at my branch also.

It`s now a waiting game. I`m worried to death i`ve never done anything like this before.

I`ve been looking at this web site for quite a few months now and was umming and aaring whether to claim or not but there has been so much in the press and TV/Radio and this site of course saying do it it`s your money that i felt compelled to do it.

I could not get my head around the spreadsheets :confused: (couldn`t work out how to use them even after reading post after post) so i`ve added 28.8%:shock: to the full amount of the claim over the last six years which is the Halifax unauthorised O/D interest Rate. Have i done the wrong thing? Some posts say yes some say no.

Will they decline my claim because of this?

Many Thanks

Just Did It-:o :) JUST WON IT:) :o

the spreadsheets aren't that difficult!

you'd have to check with a moderator about the 28.8% interest charge !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

Tried to get the spreadsheets on google to work but not having used one before it was quite difficult to get my head around it so i just sent off the last six years statements with the charges highlighted.

Finally got my head around the spreadsheets.

Decided to calculate at 28.8%:o which is the Unauthourised O/D rate for the Halifax and it has calculated my claim from around the £2800 region with interest (which i calculated roughly by adding 28.8% to the £2200 bank charges), to just over :shock: £4000 :shock: compounded for the last six years.

Do i send in another letter and statements (This time with the spreadsheet) and start the process all over again, or, send in an amended letter with spreadsheet highlighting my amended claim and the reasons how i have come to that figure.:idea:

Many Thanks.

Mine went in last monday also, fingers crossed we`ll get our money back at roughly the same time hopefully before christmas but i`m not holding out any hope.

Just finished going back on my wifes LTSB statements online and those robbing B!!!!!rds have take £465 from her over the last three years. They`re next in my target then Crapital one for our two cards, look out here i come.

Posted preliminary request on 13-11-06 signed for delivery (recieved 09:20 on 14-11-06 at customer relations dept Leeds) and duplicate request to local branch with receipt over the counter and notification of delivery the next day by letter. No response since. Times up next tuesday.

My question is do i proceed with the next stage(LBA) or do i phone them up and ask them if there is any movement on my claim and give them a chance to respond. I have proof of delivery at branch and cust relations and the branch FAXED a copy to them as well so i think they must have recieved the request. When i send the LBA i`ll include copies of the first letter just to make sure they have got all the info. Also there have been further charges since and i`m going to amend my claim for interest to their unauthorised rate of 28.8% compounded since 2000 which from what i can gather from recent posts is the way to go. Will it then be a new claim and will i have to start from scratch again?

Any advice on what i should do.

Many thanks..

Posted preliminary request on 13-11-06 signed for delivery (recieved 09:20 on 14-11-06 at customer relations dept Leeds) and duplicate request to local branch with receipt over the counter and notification of delivery the next day by letter. No response since. Times up next tuesday.

My question is do i proceed with the next stage(LBA) or do i phone them up and ask them if there is any movement on my claim and give them a chance to respond. I have proof of delivery at branch and cust relations and the branch FAXED a copy to them as well so i think they must have recieved the request. When i send the LBA i`ll include copies of the first letter just to make sure they have got all the info. Also there have been further charges since and i`m going to amend my claim for interest to their unauthorised rate of 28.8% compounded since 2000 which from what i can gather from recent posts is the way to go. Will it then be a new claim and will i have to start from scratch again?

Any advice on what i should do.

Many thanks..

You need to send the LBA do not include a copy of the prelim letter they already have it. Just to confirm have you claimed contractual Interest from the begining or are you just going to do it now?

Just going to add 28.8% contractual now, or more to the point next tuesday when i send in the LBA. I was going to send in every thing again just to make triple shure they had the originals maybe i shouldn`t?. I could not work out the spreadsheets so i just sent in statements and the prelim letter on the 13th november. I just hope that they will accept my updated claim or will the clock start ticking from the beginning again?

Day 14 today!!!!! Sending in LBA Tommorow!!!! I`ve amended the claim by adding three extra charges incurred to the original amount and calculating the interest on the charges at 28.8% compounded from the year 1999 to present and this time including a spreadsheet detailing the charges and interest which i`m claiming. The interest is nearly the amount that i am claiming on charges. Am i being too cheeky. I have not recieved any correspondence at all from the Halifax customer relations Leeds to date.

Should i phone, or, just send in my LBA without further notice?

I sent the prelim signed for delivery and have proof of delivery at Customer relations Leeds from Royal Mail and also hand delivered a copy to my branch for which i have a written receipt for and a letter the next day confirming receipt at branch and that they have faxed to customer relations the day prior so in effect they have recieved three copies of my prelim on their doorstep, they can`t have lost all three.

Again am i pushing it to far claiming compounded contractual interest at 28.8% for the full amount from day one.. will I be the one they make an example of... any snippets of advice or suggestions welcomed before i take the plunge tommorrow and send in my LBA..

Many thanks

Oh Well,

LBA sent off today with amendments for extra charges to date and interest recalculated for contractual unauthorised rates with a spreadsheet, one copy in the post, (signed for first class delivery) and one copy delivered to my branch and a written receipt obtained. I have the feeling that they are going to make an example of me, the interest is nearly the same amount as the charges!!!! Another 14 days wait now

Well,

I haven`t heard a thing from halifax cust relations Leeds regarding my prelim.

My LBA went off on 28th November so give them a few days to respond.

I`m claiming contractual interest so i`m worrying that they are having a good look at the account to try and make a case not to pay me what i`m asking for and i`ll be the one they`ll take on??

Anyone had no response to their preliminary approach letter??

I`ve proof of receipt for the letter from the branch and royal mail proof of receipt signature at Leeds and the branch faxed of the prelim as well so they have recieved it threefold, should i just wait till the 14 day deadline and go ahead with the mcol or do i give them a call to at least give them an option to reply by phone???

Halifax phoned today-(To much month left at the end of the money) so accepted their offer of ALL!!! my claimed charges plus a £100 or so, more than i`d claimed, they said i must have missed some but i have all my statements back to 1998 and have been over and over them. They would not budge on the interest claim though-the missus said take it so i did. I`ve had all the money in charges i paid out given back so i`m happy.

Yep no probs will donate and do the survey when i get the dosh into my account. Maybe i should have hung out for the interest but needs dictate eh!

Thanks everyone.

Lloyds and two capital one credit cards next.