ethical parking management - Contractual breach charge in my flats' car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you appeal state that you are the keeper and do not say "I" anything but use the third person so "the driver at the time" and "the keeper".

you need to rewrite your 1st sentence

try 'this is an appeal '

and

'affixed to the vehicle in question'

'in the car park of the above residence'

'appeal grounds are'

'enclosed are photographs.'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this isnt even a response to your appeal so that is a breach of their membership conditions.

Did they include the POPLA code?

If so then you should appeal to POPLA on the grounds that they dod not consider your appeal properly and merely issued a stock letter that failed to mention what it was you had supposedly done that was in breach of the conditions contracy to the BPA CoP about fair appeals.

secondly, you have supremacy of contract so they cannot force any contractual obligation to them on you and to this end you demand sight of the contract they have with the landownwer that entitles them to vary your lease and copy of that variation in your lease that mentions them specifically.

Lastly, the breach of condition they are claiming monies for doesnt exist in the signage that offers a contract to the public so no such breach can ever occur.

Regardless of the outcome of the appeal they will have to pay to have it heard and also have to provide evidence to POPLA to support their claim. The cost of doing so may dissuade them from continuing.

POPLA have a nasty habit of handing over your paperwork to the parking co to pick holes in but not the other way round, they just state that they have seen it.

Send POPLA a message saying you want to see their evidence bundle before the determination is made so you can rebut any parts you see as inaccurate and that you are minded to abtain all of the paperwork as a SAR or possible as a CPR 31.15 request as you consider that there has been a breach of the DPA in obtaining your details by the parking co when they knwo they have no right to.

Edited by dx100uk

you use that as one of your points, I would put it first.

Type out here exactly waht you intend to send so we can advise on any possible alterations.

You will also need pictures of the signage and pictures of exactly where you parked to show that they are talking rot

I have looked up the popla appeals website and they say it is easiest to submit your appeal online so that is what I intend to do.

This is my first draft of what I was thinking of putting for my reasons of appeal

I am appealing this breach of contract charge on the following grounds,

1. The parking company failed to properly consider my appeal and instead just replied with a stock letter that did not mention what I was supposed to have donee address the points my appeal raised which is in breach of the conditions contracy to the BPA code on fair appeals.

2. I have supremacy of contract through my lease on the property so the parking company cannot force any contractual obligations to them onto me. And to this end I require sight of the contract they have with the landowner that entitles them to vary my lease and also a copy of that variation in my lease that that specifically mentions them.

3. No breach of contract occurred in respect of obstructive parking as this is not mentioned in the signage that offers a contract to someone parking, I enclose photos of the signage in question.

I would appreciate any comments on this

Many thanks

There was an interesting case on the Parking Pranksters website and a transcript of a judgement. While it doesn't apply as yet to you, it gives a good idea of what Judges consider.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d31f6731eeb7b4e07c7fc2f512f18abc?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

god and they call it a FINE too

that's crass for a court!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

god and they call it a FINE too

that's crass for a court!

I did notice that.

Perhaps the judge used it instead of 'Unenforceable Parking Charge pretending to have some legal authority' :razz:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just to say that submitted my popla appeal tonight using the grounds discussed before namely the lack of proper consideration by the parking company regarding my appeal and also the supremacy of contract and the lack of mention of obstructive parking in their signage.

Will post when I hear from them.