Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Independent Sage met yesterday and has a new report out.   They think the national test and trace system doesn't work and are urging the government not to renew Serco's contract. They say the job should be done by GPs and local public health people who are already deal with the more complex cases and care homes.   https://www.independentsage.org/an-independent-sage-discussion-document-on-contact-tracing-and-self-isolation/
    • Thanks for your reply.   I don't have the money to get the repairs or inspections done to be honest.    It's a BMW 1 series.   I've learnt my lesson. I was having a pretty hard time with my health to be honest at the time. I bought it as a present to myself but was too trusting. 
    • This is a tricky one, BMW's , wide wheels, low profile tyres, stiff suspension over deviations, German Cars are known for that.  It might have winter tyres on, that would cause a rumble. My Volvo is also very weird like that.  It could also be a wheel bearing, which isn't expensive but would need to be done. Why not take it to your mechanic for a an inspection, or the AA/ RAC also do that.  I've learnt the hard way that's what you need to do before you buy the car,    What BMW is it?  I would only buy this brand of car at that age if it had a full history of every service and everything that has been spent on it during it's lifetime.
    • If you get somebody to cover for you on those last three days, are you saying you are OK?  ie you don't need to go to work in your old job and you can start the new one?  So that gives you what you want - yes?   If you can't get somebody to cover for you, you've got two potential courses of action - which may or may not be mutually exclusive.  First, ask if you can move your termination date forward by three days.  Obviously you won't get paid for those three days and whether your current trust will agree to this depends on what sort of relationship you have with your manager and how much they will need you to work those three days - or how easy you will be to replace.  If they say OK - you win.   Second, you don't turn up for work on those three days.  You will then technically be in breach of contract and in theory the trust could sue you for any financial loss they suffer as a result.  This would be the cost of employing somebody to replace you for those three days.  Will they need to replace you?  I suspect they would not bother to sue you, but nobody can guarantee they won't.  And what if you want a reference from them in future?  If you've already asked to bring your leave date forward, and they've refused, they may rightly conclude that you are taking the pi$$ if you don't turn up on those days, and they won't like it - or rather they won't like you...   Or, as I said before, get your new start date put back three days.   The thing is, your current employer can't extend your notice period unless you agree.  If they won't allow you to take leave owing to you during that notice period, they should pay you for it.  Whether you should write to them as I suggested earlier is more complicated because the situation is much less clear cut than you originally outlined.  (You had implied that they had already refused your request to take leave owing to you during your notice period and that you would have to extend your notice period to allow you to take that leave.  That isn't quite the position, is it?  And they haven't actually said they won't pay you for any leave you don't take, have they?)   Two other things: first, are you changing employer within the NHS?  If you are, it's a possibility that questions may be asked if you are in the pension scheme and you have two periods of full-time employment that overlap.   Second, your manager's email refers to "your last working day".  This is a little ambiguous and can cause a lot of confusion in the NHS.  You may wish to check whether they mean it is the last day of your employment (ie including any leave you are taking) or is it the last day you are actually present working.  Do you see the difference?  Managers often get hopelessly confused by this without HR guidance.  (And HR often get it wrong).   It's a pity you can't or won't seek union guidance if you are a member - that's what you pay for.
    • And with 33% equity nobody will care either.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
       
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
       
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
       
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
       
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
       
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
       
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
       
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
       
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
angelsandacorns

returning Audi on Ballon CCA - help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1377 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

1. Bought audi on balloon CCA agreement It ended Feb 2012

Requested vehicle to be collected

They ignored request and then from then until now all default notices incorrect All their paperwork shoddy

 

2. Kept vehicle in storage for first 8 months Actually bought a lease Audi thinking they would collect.

 

3. They wrote to me Jan 2013 saying they wouldn't pay storage charges

Had to remove and asked garage where it had been kept to leave their awaiting audis collection

 

4. Wrote to audi numerorus times They failed to collect.

 

5. Had a court date booked 19th oct which I was happy to attend

Their sols cut a very late deal with my sols

 

Tuesday 18th Oct I told sols I wasn't happy that t's would net be crossed and i's dotted they weren't.

 

6 My sols agreed that I would deliver up vehicle

Had told her it hadn't been used for 4 years and would be unusable due to the amount of time lapsed

 

7 Audi collects keys for vehicle and sign off log book 24th oct

They go to collect at address given some 27 hours later Audi not there

 

Have reported to police but my solicitor says I am still now liable and in breach of agreement

 

Feel like my solicitor just wants to get rid of all case and me pay for everything !

 

because its been totally messed up I had a really good case prior to this rushed agreement

 

Can anyone help my solicitor doesn't want to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

request vehicle be collected...

 

 

so what did you do

request/invoke Voluntary Termination


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for coming back to me It REALLY is very much appreciated

 

 

I haven't agreed to anything as yet with my solicitor because whilst she is pushing me and I mean really pushing me to say I have to pay for all the car and their fees now and I have essentially lost...

 

 

she advised I report to police and see if it had been impounded which I have done

The police say they have nothing on record for it being stolen and I am waiting from them to see if they impounded it

 

This is what was agreed very late on the evening 18th October 2016 before court the following day by the solicitors I didn't receive what she had officially agreed until the following morning

 

Their claim is dismissed.

 

80% of your costs less the costs orders they had against you.

 

The vehicle to be returned in 7 days

 

The consent order records the vehicle is at the garage and estimated mileage of 43,500 ( MOT shows 42,620)

 

The credit record aspect is best endeavours regarding credit rating. It is not subject to this claim . However as their claim has been dismissed ( which includes money claim) they will have to record accurate information at CRA or remove it entirely.

 

Summary assessment of costs by the court at the end of a trial/ hearing normally results in a reduction of 20% of the amount claimed

- so the reduction on the costs you have paid would have been around £1500.

 

 

Some costs were not recoverable such as my having to review the whole file and all pleadings etc because those costs formed part of Watson Ramsbottoms costs ( I.e claimant doesn't have to pay for a new solicitor duplicating work - just as you wouldn't have to if they had changed solicitors).

 

The claimant also had two costs orders against you in the sum of £1680 (plus interest at 8%) and for the cost of and incidental to the further amending of the defence John & I did I.e the claimant reviewing, advising and drafting the reply - (around £1500).

 

The costs risks John and I discussed with you yesterday of proceeding were:

 

1. They obtained an order for return of car and payment of shortfall of £10,000 and an order for costs ( including those already ordered ) of around £10 -£11, 000 ( car back and you pay them within 14 days £20,000-£21,000).

 

2. A split order where they either got the money judgment or possession and probably reflected in the costs order by a 50% order plus existing costs orders (though you may also have been awarded 50% costs which would reduce costs element) still leaving you either paying money claim of £10,000 and around £3-5,000 costs

 

3. We won on both money claim and possession claim but without declaration of unfair relationship ( I.e on technical statutory omissions in the notices). We would be awarded probably 80% of your costs paid less payment for the costs orders they already had ( so around £4,000 - £4,500 net) but they would be able to reissue for possession of vehicle after reserving a new default notice

 

4. We obtained a declaration of unfair relationship - we obtained costs ( again around 80% less costs orders ) and they would be unable to reissue.

 

Sorry, meant to add sol is blaming me for not checking if car was there but she didn't ask me to, and I thought Audi would have checked themselves..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry way above my head.

 

 

I think you need to explain the whole story using dated bullet points

as the difference in info from your first post

to the second

is huge

this has obviously been to court several times


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I represented myself first time

Judge agreed that it could continue on the terms of an unfair agreement and maybe recover my storage costs too

 

I then went to a first solicitor who pleaded incorrectly

This came to light because I had another solicitor oversee it and the pleadings had to be changed! (I just had a sixth sense it was wrong)

 

The biggest problem here now is that Audi agreed to dismiss the claim on the basis the car was delivered back to them

 

 

To be honest my sixth sense was not to agree to a last minute bargain and I did say that to my solicitors, because that's when things get missed off or not covered off properly (as this is now the case)

 

Because they were unable to find the car

( the first time they tried to collect it was some 27 hours after collecting the keys and signing off the log book with me...)..

. where it had been left (by the garage after it had been stored for the first 8 months)..

. .they say I am now in breach

 

The problem is my solicitor didn't ask me go and check the car prior to agreeing to this agreement with them nor did Audi carry out any due diligence either.

 

 

Otherwise my solicitor said she would have pleaded this differently

My solicitor seems to think nothing can be done now and more or less tough luck for me !

 

 

If I'd known I had to check to see if it was still there and/or get a valuation I would have ! I

 

 

really believe there must be some better solution and it must be that there should be some point of law that the vehicle should have been collected by them upon immediate collection of the keys or that some due diligence should have been carried out by them prior to negotiating the collection of the vehicle

 

 

Unless that should have been my solicitor which is why she wants now for me to sort it out..

Hope that makes more sense and you can help ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...