manual intervention-what does it mean?

alric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I copied the DPAct letter and sent it off, it referred to Manual Intervention.

2 of the banks have asked me what I mean by this, and exactly what is required, and I don't know the answer.

I'm not one for quoting others parrot fashion, could someone please explain?

I assume it means anytime that the operator has done anything bar press the Unauthorised Overdraft/Returned Cheque etc charge button

This has been answered a few weeks ago, IIRC.

Basically you're looking for the banks to prove that the decisions not to pay cheques, direct debits, etc were made by individuals and not automatically by computers.

If these decisions were made manually you need to know how the decisions were made, by who and the amount of time and work that was taken by an individual to do this. This would prove that manual intervention had taken place (which I really think it wouldn't have), and allow a reasonable pre-estimate of such costs that were incurred in doing so.

Even if manual intervention had taken place, I could only see that it would have taken a few minutes. Even if you were to look at it taking five minutes by someone employed at £15 per hour, that only works out at a £2.50 - not £30. That said, it is the belief of many of us that no manual intervention takes place and that it is automated computer systems that simply look at your balance plus any overdraft (or other credit) facility and then makes a decision based on that - and charges you should you not have enough funds available to make the payment.

£2,352 + interest + costs claim from HSBC:

29/12: Re-started process.

January/February: Letters, LBA, etc sent.

12/3: Deadlines passed.

2/4: Court papers served.

26/4: Defence submitted.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks