• Tweets

• What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Information To help Those Who Have a PIP Assessment coming up

WishPositivity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I Just wanted to share the information I wished I knew when I had my PIP medical assessment , I would not have scored the 0 points they gave me ,

I spoke to a decision maker for 34 minutes and he tied himself in knots because I questioned everything ,

Luckily I had just finished writing what to say to him before he called

for those of you who have an assessment coming up ,

You won't pass it unless YOU get information from your GP,

this was something I didn't know , because I had this before I remember seeing my doctors report

And also them asking us to tick a box to give permission for them to contact our GP,s ,

When I said that to the decision maker he said that they only do it for a "just incase" it's up to the claimant to get the information from their GP (shame they didn't say that on the form we have to full in before our assessment) !! ,

It all boils down to the assessor whether you get awarded or not ,

Also he told me that ALL mandatory reconsiderations usually don't make a difference unless you have more proof of your condition ,

Any letter's you send in explaining how atos and capita have lied etc they don't use !,

Also if you unhappy with the way your assessment went you have to complain to atos or capita yourself ,

I told him it was a shame that they didn't video it and he told me that is exactly what they are doing at the moment , they're trying to get them up and running ,

I asked why wasn't I seen by a mental health person instead of a nurse ,

he tried telling me that it's down to atos or capita to do that ,

And that you could be seen by a doctor , nurse , mental health

and I cut him off and said "capita has 80% nurses non qualified and some qualified , and 20% mental health and NO doctors , and he cleared his throat and said "urm urm yes that is right" ,

So my advice to those going for an assessment to get a doctor letter to take with you and hand it to the assessor ,but I would also recommend that u do a few copies of it incase they get "lost" ,

(i would also record it via mobile and keep the mobile out of sight because we tend to forget a lot so it's useful for your own record of what happened) ,

Regardless of what u say or do at the assessment , if you don't get awarded and a decision maker has to look at it ,

It's your word against the assessors and the decision maker I spoke to said they always go with what the assessor says

if you can take more than 1 person with you all the better I'd also ask one of them to try and record yourselves walking into the assessment and note the time on a mobile , the more evidence you have the more we can show that atos and capita do NOT have our interest at heart ,

I thought the lady I seen was lovely she even gave me some advice after reading what she wrote I'm now even more wary of trusting anyone ,

I hope it helps some people who dont know what i have written ,so they don't go through the same ordeal I did well AM still going through

Hi

Welcome to CAG

When did you have your assessment and have you put a Mandatory Reconsideration in. (Forget what that individual said as he works for the establishment)

Have a wee look at this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Mandatory-Reconsideration-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I had my assessment in June and had my decision Friday just gone and I was amazed that the decision maker had rung me so quick because the lady I spoke to on the phone said sometime next week I'd have the phone call

I was lucky I managed to use "call recorder" an app on my phone it automatically records any phone call who isn't in my contacts ,

I wrote down everything like one part when he said

"I do read the reports that come back and in an ideal world we would want a healthcare professional who is urm urm you know trained in a specific area to deal with claimants who have particular issues"

He also told me that my assessment actually did go to another medical assessor following my assessment for "Re-work" because we didn't feel that the justifications were robust enough to give a fair decision for each category , so the decision would have been based on what we calm re-work on the report"

God knows what all that meant

When I told him I was late for my assessment PROVES I can't do a journey to an unfamiliar place I even had to ring up the assessor and say I'll be late

He replied "ahh right one of the reasons for the decision was that you can drive"

I said "ONLY with my carer and ONLY to appointments as I can't go public transport and ONLY if I feel up to it , I dont go spinning about like a 19 year old I'm 42 !"

he said "so you don't drive independently and only if your mood feels up to it"

He then said I'm looking at the info here a second , right as I said the award was given on the basis I drive and your saying you cant"

I cut him off and said "listen if I could drive whenever I wouldn't have teeth in a poor state of repair which is something that knocks my confidence if I drove places I'd certainly would have gone to the dentists"

He said "right I can get that one looked at again for you"

He told me that the last letter they had was dated 2013 ,

And he said "if you can get a letter from your GP that would be brilliant remember you want it shown on your worst days , you can send that into us with a covering letter"

And after the phone call I had a text through saying "We've received your request to look at our recent Personal Independence Payment decision again. You don't need to contact us as we're looking at this now. Thank you."

Sorry to be a pain but wondered if you could help about one thing ,

I recently had a Work focused interview at the job center after a year of not going and rebooking I went and he seen me at one of my bad days , He said "look you won't have to come down here again I'll just give you a phone call and we can do it over the phone in 6 months I was barely in there for 10 mins ,

Do you think if I ask him would he write a letter for me to send in as more evidence , because the nurse I saw said I was absolutely fine ?

Or do you think it would be wrong to ask him as he does work for the DWP

You are not being a pain at all especially with the new assessment criteria.

What medical evidence are you claiming before you claimed PIP?

What was your reason for claiming PIP (what medical condition) you do not have to state this on the forum?

Read the link I posted especially about the Mandatory Reconsideration as there is a Time Limit which is now running from you receiving that decision letter.

You need to try and get as much medical evidence as possible

Mandatory Reconsideration is at Post#4 of this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Mandatory-Reconsideration-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information read the full link.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They ignore GP letters from experience. I've got a letter from ENT stating I've got various hearing problems. because I could hear from 3 metres, I've got no hearing problems. It's far more complex than that. I have a GP letter stating I've got communication difficulties and my friend (who went with me and taught English and Communication) said the same. I don't, apparently. She also couldn't decide whether I'm visually impaired because I couldn't produce a 9 year old document stating this. (someone told me this is too told) A GP letter clearly states I'm registered.

Hi ,

I could cry right now I can't believe ALL the things happening to me at the moment ,

ESA letter that quick this morning telling me they will be taking £350 a month and I'll now get £88 ,

I'm down as aggraphobia , OCD , asthma , found out recently I carry the cancer gene my mother has , digestive problems (at the moment my food isn't digesting I won't go into detail it's disgusting) ,

I also had a pain in my left side and the Dr said it's part of my muscle disorder andI have to go for a blood test today to see if my liver and pancreas and kidneys are functioning properly ,

I spend the whole weekend rolling right to left in bed the whole time ,

I've been on PIP for a long time I did have a medical 2 years ago but they wanted to do a review ,

I don't know why but I find it weird how my carer was called in for a "interview" one of them "we are calling to see if you arequire getting the right benefit"

They wanted to see him at home but his our grandmother passed away so he went into the job center they wanted 6 months of bank statements and he thought it was about him doing a work trial and getting paid ,

Which they DID ask about and then they chucked in the question "do you have to help the person your claiming carers for wash and get dressed" and what he does in the days etc

I was horrified as he was because Who asks that question about someone there related to !!

They stopped his income support until they Recieved a full 6 months bank statements when he provided them they reinstated it ,

Now I have had the SAME letter which they sent out 2 weeks ago saying they will be visiting me in my home on 8.11.2016

Why I've had it I do not know and then the DWP taking 4 months for me to have a decision which I had on Friday ,

And I'm starting to panic now because I have a gp appointment today and I'm worried now they won't give me one especially as I'm seeing a different doctor ,

Are they required to give a letter ?

How else am o going to give the DWP facts

Also I was going to ask I had a Work related interview 3 weeks ago and I was having a REALLY bad day he told me that because of everything going on and how much stress going to the job center is he said he would do my interview over the phone every 6 months ,

I was going to ring him asking if he would write a letter to say about me ?

Do you think there's any hope ?

No, GPs are not required to write you a letter. Some do, many don't - some also charge.

Unless you are about to die and can prove it, then it is a fight all the way.

You might be one of the lucky ones (there are some) but most have to fight to prove their case.

Listing your ailments/illness is not good enough, read up on here what you will need to do and how to go about it, be prepared is all I can say.

You are right the DR I seen today said "ask reception I know we don't do them anymore"

Is there anything I can do to get medical evidence ?

Thanks

You can ask for a printout of your medical records/ I think it cost me £10, then go through it and highlight all the drugs, treatments etc. (not sure they will read it - but at least give it a go) have you been referred to any consultants if so, see if they will write you a letter.

Thank you everyone soo much for your help I don't think I would coped without it ,

Mrpopperspenguins i must have rang the surgery the other day and the person who spoke to me , most probally was rushing and didn't have time to tell me I could pay for my medical records ,All she told me when I asked "can you ask my doctor to write a letter please for the DWP and she said "we stopped doing all that"

But when i seen what you put i rang up and said I'd like a printout of my medical records and how much is it (I said how much is it because I didn't want them to throw me off , so I said it like I KNEW they did it) ,

She said the woman who does it is not in till the morning and there are different prices for the type of information you want ,

Nystagmate you have given me some hope that I might, just might get hold of some medical documents THANK YOU and everyone else who has helped

How convienant for the DWP that getting our OWN medical evidence is so HARD , the DM must have been laughing at me when I said I'd get a letter from my GP

Since they has happened to me I can't believe how many doors are blocked by the DWP to you , actually getting awarded ,

I seen the nurse who did my assessment at the local hospital yesterday I was amazed she even remembered me , I could feel someone staring and turned and it was her she hung her head ,

I can honestly say if she had passed me again I WOULD have approached her , the anger I felt I just wanted to scream out "do you know how many lives are affected Because of people like you who choose to do a few assessments for capita for some extra money ,how do you sleep at night !!

Hi all again

I've just received the assessor report and she has lied and said I attended the assessment alone !!,

And not just that , that I drove there absolutely fine (rubbish) ,

The DWP DM did say to me that 2 nurses looked over it ("healthcare proffessials" and the 2nd one kept putting on each descriptor ,

"social and occupational history notes that she drives 3-4 times a week so therefore unlikely to ..................."

She even put after the assessors report "ignore the top part" and goes on to say about me driving on EVERY single descriptor ,

It's not fair , what can I do ? , as In put on paper for my mandatory reconsideration ? ,

I ONLY drive to appointments and ONLY with my carer and ONLY if I'm not so anxious , even if I don't feel it and my carer says they sense it's not a good idea then I don't drive ! ,

Can anyone help please

And thank you for your time x

What stage are you at with your claim, have you got the official Mandatory Reconsideration decision yet? If so, you need to submit an appeal within (I think) 30 days of the date of the decision.

You need to go through all the descriptors and see what points you should have scored. A statement from your carer that they accompanied you to the assessment would probably also help - if the HCP has got that particular fact wrong, it will cast doubt on the rest of the report.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Did you consider asking for the assessment to be recorded ? You can for ESA Work Capability Assessment.

Sadly, it is not always a good idea to be truthful to the Health Professionals.

Best to say you do not drive, cook or go shopping !

This is for my evidence for the mandatory reconsideration,

When I spoke to the DM after they stopped my pip I explained to him that I only drive with my carer etc and he said "so you don't drive independently" he then said he would look at that himself ,

I just wanted to know what are the restrictions to driving while claiming pip ?

Anyone know ?

It really depends on the reason why you struggle with your ability/disability. I have recently seen a decision where someone said that they experienced regular unpredictable collapses and loss of consciousness. The DM (quite rightly in my opinion) said that if that was the case then they should not be driving. Their driving suggested that they were not as incapable as stated on the claim form

If you weren't allowed to drive, then surely the ability to adapt cars the way they are, wouldn't exist?

I was asked at my PIP assessment if I could drive. But in my case, if I could drive, I would be lying about how bad my disabilities are - I take medication which makes me tired (and has sent me to sleep on numerous occassions) and I'm registered partially sighted, which means legally I can't drive.

Hi all

I cannot sleep I'm so worried about everything I feel sick to my stomach ,

My car has been a lifeline , in the last 2 years I've been able to get to important hospital appointments ,

My health is at its worst , I'm waiting to see what diagnosis will be about my chest Xray , I have been having severe pain on my left side of my chest

If it wasnt for me driving to the hospital I would not have gone ,

Living far out I'd never be able to travel by public transport ,

I told the truth at my assessment , I've just printed off the evidence and my own notes for the DM for the mandatory reconsideration ,

When they had a 2nd nurse look at it the reasons being was "administrative error" ? So they had my assessment re-worked on and all she did was say about my driving ,

I printed out the official DVLA website stats on driving with each medical problem and they should be able to see that they can't use that against me ,

I'm a 40 year old woman I think the days of me spinning about are well behind me , truth be told I hate driving but it benefits my welfare

But then again it is the DWP so they will do whatever they want 😢