• Tweets

• Get rid of the car? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.    The long and short of it is, he has exponentially screwed up, not only illegally, but by lying on more than one occasion, he doesn't have a defence as if a judge looked at the evidence I'd 99. 99% win. I did everything I was supposed to, he has thus far avoided any responsibility for his actions. If it means going to court in brum of he wants to put in a defence, then so be it.    If I do as you say, and I'm presuming here that you mean send the car back to him,  if he accepts it back he then has the car, my money for the car and I wouldn't just be filing for delivery then, would I?  I'd be filing for the cost of the car plus delivery.  Or do you mean sell the car to someone else?    I think I'll take advice elsewhere as so far the advice I have had elsewhere agrees with the outcome I want, for him to collect the vehicle and refund me the money, as he is by law required to do.   
    • Public borrowing hit £35.9bn in August as the pandemic forces the government to borrow more money. View the full article
    • He's referring to the signature text which appears automatically at the bottom of every one of his posts.
    • I agree. I think you should take the refund. I think you should view this in terms of two problems. Firstly the faulty tent for which they are offering you a refund secondly, the way you were treated.   I would say that the best thing to do is to accept the refund that you are offered and then it leaves you with a much smaller problem to deal with – if you want to continue. It sounds as if you have been very badly treated. If you have got video evidence of everything which supports everything you say then you could have a basis for complaint and we could help you. However, they are offering the money and you may as well get started with that. If you don't then they may withdraw the offer of the money and then you will still have two problems to deal with which will be more complicated and more time-consuming.  
    • Hi DX really sorry but I can’t see the red stuff below 😫. What am I meant to be looking at? I will send the statute barred letter updated Nov 19 but is there something else I should be looking at? thanjs for your time much appreciated 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Phillips & Cohen chasing deceased husbands debt 18mts later

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1423 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

On sat I received two letters from Phillips and Cohen in regards to my deceased husbands estate.

To be honest I am somewhat confused and very upset as to why I have received these two letters now as my husband died 18 months ago.

The orginal debt collection agency was/is Lowells and I informed them at the time of his death and supplied the death certificate and everything.

My husband did not have an estate in actual fact he had nothing.

Lowells did say at the time of being informed that the above would be contacting me at some point but 18 months later??

Surely this is wrong?

I have read and re-read these letter over and over again and not really sure what to do about them as I believed that your debt died with you if there wasn't any estate and besides isn't there a 6 month limitation for them to establish a claim on the an estate?

To be honest I am not sure what to do next, do I phone them tomorrow and tell them to do one?

Or do I email them or simply just ignore their letters?

I will add the sums they are asking for are just over 5k,

which has left me gobsmacked as I could never afford to pay that kind of money back.

Any advice anyone can give will be gratefully received.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the responses, greatly appreciated. I had a look through the links you posted and some interesting threads. If should hear from them again then I will go through their complaints proceedure.

Thank you for the responses, greatly appreciated. I had a look through the links you posted and some interesting threads. If should hear from them again then I will go through their complaints proceedure.

So no will/executor ? Nothing such a house in joint names ?

There is not a lot they can do, if there was no estate at all. Not sure engaging in correspondence would assist. If there is any documentation showing no estate funds left after paying relevant expenses such as funeral, then if they continue to hassle you, you could send them a copy, but you don't have to. It is none of their business.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I found that a letter [removed] enough to get them off my back.

One letter did it for everything, that was 4 years ago. Never heard from them again

Edited by dx100uk
links to that site are not allowed - dx

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

There is not a lot they can do, if there was no estate at all. Not sure engaging in correspondence would assist.

Just to add to this. Do not telephone P&H or email them. If you must communicate with them, only ever do it in writing. For them to post a reply back will cost them time and money for the envelope & stamp. As long as the alleged debts were in your late husbands sole name, there is little that they can do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I respectfully refer you to post 3

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

So sorry I was not able to get back on here to reply sooner, to answer questions the debt was my late husbands, no house in joint names or otherwise, no assests. Well, I decided to bite the bullet so to speak and I emailed them on Sunday night, basically saying that there wasn't any money and therefore no estate to administer etc. I got a reply yesterday afternoon, stating that they were returning the file back to their clien and marked as case closed and they were advising their client to do the same. This should now be the end of it (double crossed fingers).

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my post and for reponding. xx

Hi

Keep hold of the email. After my wife died they contacted me about two accounts but on the second one they stopped dead when I told them they knew the details already

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .