• Tweets

• hi   Thank you for your reply.   nice link . thank you very much.   I know I will get my refund. it has been offered. I have been told I am right about the situation. It does seem like this is in debate but this was clarified a long time ago.   Do you think I would be wasting my time to try and stop it happening to others?   I just would not want this happing to anyone else.   Thank you again                
    • Just ask for the refund you appear to be entitled to.  They'll either pay it or they'll explain to you why they won't.  Forget everything else.   Or you could try here:  https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/disputes-prosecutions.152/
    • you stated :   "I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect".     They were there when I should have had an off peak option, they did not give it me!! I asked for the lower fare. they refused!! And threatened a fine!! ( i did not know the jargon , that is true)  but "lower fare option "  should be o.k for them to understand.   When I say, to the effect, that there was a lower fare option listed on your computer before I left the station  Please can I have that as this higher fare seems far too much. Is there another option?   No.   I had full fare or a hefty fine options only.   you stated:   "your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.."   I asked for the lower fare, they refused. repeatedly. They had the option to charge the low fare but absolutely refused and threaten a fine.   I do not have to know any jargon.  I just said it was too much and there was a lower option before i departed and  why can't I have that? They said no and that I had to pay the high fare.   Which is untrue. They should have said that was o.k and gave any restrictions on the ticket!   you stated "this thread is getting boring and repetitive. "   You could help me and the many others  who may read this) who would like advice and offer suggestions of things to ask or mention with the complaint.   What would you say? How can I stop this from happening to others?   I have been told I was right by the staff at the station. So I know I am in the right.   Please can you be a bit more friendly and helpful?  Come on, lets try and do some good here.   I was hoping people might suggest some ideas.   Perhaps we can move onto the questions I should ask or things I should state regards my complaint. with time running out?  If not for me,  for other travellers, who will be going through this same ordeal if we do not help them.   kind regards.          
    • yes because 1000's of people believe a DCA is a bailiff and they are not and that penalty charges are lawful, they are not, so blindly cough up...   worth a few letters / free emails to try it on pays for the staff drinks down the pub that night with free money.   dx  
    • they have already 'outsourced' it ..........to a dca [crs - well that's harlands anyway] watchout for Zinc next.. but don't look at the bottom of the letter as you'll see its the same address again...}   forget about it go enjoy your life.    
  • Our picks

Jd23845

Car Cash point - please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 207 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

they cant charge anything for repo nor levy any unlawful fees.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I put in a written complaint as advised, I also put one in with the ombudsman. I received this email yesterday:

I write to confirm receipt of your complaint. This has been passed to Paul Hilburn our director.

Paul attempted to call you this afternoon and left a message.

Please can you call him back as a matter of urgency in order to discuss a resolution

Should I call them, or ask them to email me so I have everything in writing?

Thex car is at a friends house for now.

Having also opened a complaint with the FOS, they have advised me to communicate in written letter only.

I hereby refuse your offer of a telephone call.

Regards

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

As DX says everything in writing only and advise them of that

Keep clear of the phone and emails

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I've received a reply to my complaint.

They've listed some dates when Burrington came to my house and the car wasn't sighted. This could be the case as on the dates mentioned I wasn't home, however no calling card was left which they claim.

They now state they will accept £50 a week if I pay £300 by Monday, I don't have £300.

still doesn't matter. what they did

the repo fee even if they did collect the car is an unlawful penalty

dx

spreadsheets 

Suggest you inform them that you will not be paying the 300, as it is subject to a formal complaint with the fos

But you are prepared to offer £xx per week against the arrears/ regular payment

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

An update on this. They have stated they will accept £125 a month if I send them my sick note? Otherwise I would need to pay the £300 plus £125 a month.

I don't have a sick note, I'm on a phased return. I paid them £125 yesterday anyway, I also asked my doctor if they would write a letter but they said this isn't something she would do. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

your health is none of their business you don't have to prove anything to them.

spreadsheets 

I take it you are persuing your complaint with the FOS regarding this charge, and your treatment in general

Have you read the CCTA link I posted above

Further on and this is still a massive issue.

I have today made a complaint to the CCTA however today a company has also been to my address to take my car, luckily I wasn't home.

I have been looking at the bill of sale and wondered if anybody who has any expertise in this area could check it to see if everything is correct. The only issue I can see is someone from their company has signed as a witness however there is also room for 'signed by deed on behalf of carcashpoint limited by' and nobody has signed.

we need to see all the documents

we asked that a year ago now

read upload.

did you go check the BOS was registered in 7 days with the court?

if the BOS is stamped and registered with the court in 7 days signature issues makes no odds

spreadsheets 

it does have a stamp which says high court of justice bill of sale and the date which is within the 7 days.

then no dice there for you

so what have you done in the last year?

update us

spreadsheets 

I have made some payments however they generally try to get me to agree to more than I can afford and once again due to illness recently and only receiving ssp have ran into difficulties.

The majority which is now owed is their charges they added for repossession which never happened.

I borrowed 750. To date I have paid 1,257.18. I still owe 1,091.76

included in the above are 150 recovery admin charge and 300 bailiff costs

well they cant add anything as you've been told before

and theres no such thing as bailiffs costs, its never been to court so no bailiffs.

pop the scan up as a PDF please

read UPLOAD

spreadsheets 

And the fos complaint?

Hi,

Sorry I never got back about this. I suffer from depression and go through bad spells.

Anywhere just to keep me from dealing with anymore stress

I've been paying £100 a month which they have accepted and haven't bothered me recently.

However I recently got a breakdown from them to find that I borrowed £750. Have so far paid back £1263.66 and still owe £1583.83

A lot of this is charges as they tried to reposes the car twice, they never took it as I was never home when their agents called.

They say they can still charge me for this as they still instructed and paid agents to call at my house.

I have complained to the CCTA once previously, other then an acknowledgement I never heard anymore.

Then I made a further complaint in January and whenever I ask about it I just get told the legal team are looking at it.

I am in a much better frame of mind at the moment to now tackle this but really don't know where to go from here.

Would it be better to contact the ombudsman than the CCTA?

Also as Car Cash Point state that in the documents I sign it said that if recovery action is taken, even if not successful, costs are added to the account, therefore can I still dispute this?

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes you can send everything to the FOS

spreadsheets 

So I know it's been while but as advised I complained to the Ombudsman and after waiting for a very long time they've basically advised me that they will not peruse it as I didn't contact them within 6 months of receiving the final response to my complaint from CCP.

Any advice where to go from here. I have been sticking to the agreed payment plan and paying £25 a week, it will be paid off in May (thank the lord!). However I still don't agree that all of the charges they stuck on are correct. Yes they say they attempted repossession twice but 'I was never home' apparently and yet they've charged almost £700 a time. It says in the agreement they can charge their costs but it doesn't state what they are.

what does the contracts ay and is it fair? you have been advised that the add ons arent lawful so you can pay off the loan and then give them warning you intend to recover the monies shelled out on their unlawful add ons, recovery activity etc. but you will need to add all of this up and be able to say why it isnt a lawful charge and then demand they pay it back plus interest. If you dont have it clear in your own head it will be harder to put onto paper.

they cant charge for failed repos's

just like any other 'penalty' charge they are unlawful.

at the time of the repo attempts were you passed the 1/3rd stage?

spreadsheets 

Sadly not.

I've asked for a statement of account. Is there anyway to post a PDF on here, it has no personal details on.

Click upload and follow the instructions

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm confused by the statement a bit, I think it's just arrears and charges as I still owe £383

013300.pdf