Issue with Ford dealership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone could give me advice. In March our Alphabet lease car (Ford Cmax ) had a new engine replacement due to neglect on our part, it missed 2 services and the engine was damaged. We paid for a replacement engine block at the cost of 4k.

Since getting the car back in Early April its has gone back on several occasions which are listed below

1. Injector seal replaced

2. 4 injector seal replaced, after cabin had exhaust fumes coming into it from engine bay, smoke was visible when car was idling

3 Engine blew up on M25 whilst I was in outside lane (coolant pipe malfunctioned)

4 Diesel leaking with strong diesel smell in the car cabin, car was returned to the dealership, they had the car now for a month, and have admitted that the 2nd replacement block was not fitted back in correctly by the technician, who hadn't been with them long.

• Replaced inlet manifold as damaged bolts also cross threaded

• Re-tapped cylinder head to accept rocker cover due to poor installation rocker cover loose and bolts cross threaded

• Rerouted engine harness incorrectly routed and not plugged in on various multi plugs – customer reported reverse lamps inoperative not plugged into reverse lamp switch.

• Rerouted gear cables as incorrectly routed

• Replaced clutch pipe as routed incorrectly and damaged as a result

• Replaced AC pipe as damaged (bent)

• Replaced lower roll restrictor as damaged

• Re-torqued all bolts on engine as various bolts loose or incorrect placed

• Replaced bolts missing and bolts that where incorrectly fitted

• Clean oil and fuel on engine

• Tidy rest of engine clipping various hoses/pipes etc back to where they should be located.

We have obviously spoke to the dealership regarding compensation, they have offered us £500 which I feel is a bit insulting as they have put our safety at risk through poor workmanship.

Should we accept the offer, or do we have grounds for more? We have not involved Ford Uk in this at the moment

Thanks in advance for any advie

Does the offer cover the level of financial loss that you have incurred?

Be aware that Ford does not have any say in how the agent/dealer/garage is run, they will be a franchise and not owned by Ford.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

No its a "gesture of goodwill"! We have had to drive around in rental cars that Ford have refused to pay for, Alphabet and my work have financed them. Although this time they eventually agreed to pay as they new that the problem was of their making.

we have had issues with the service manager, who has never once apologised to us, he basically made it seem like we were stupid and didn't know what we were talking about.

In relative terms we have lost diesel and we have a drive with oil and diesel on it, that they have admitted was

If manufacturer gets sufficient bad reports about a particular dealership, whilst they don't own them, can withdraw the franchise if reports are proven to be true. In my area there have been two cases of dealerships losing franchise in recent times.

Problem is that if dealership is a high volume seller then what is maker supposed to do ????

In your case, you would have to quantify amount of loss & inconvenience to try and get improved offer.

Best of luck.

PS. Do you know if mechanics are on any sort of bonus??

Edited by scaniaman
dippit

For a dealer to lose its franchise because of this would be very unusual, there are lots of other things that cause manufacturers to part company with their dealers.

In fact more often than not it is at the request of the dealer, and not driven by the manufacturer.

Which dealer was it?

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

n March our Alphabet lease car (Ford Cmax ) had a new engine replacement due to neglect on our part, it missed 2 services and the engine was damaged. We paid for a replacement engine block at the cost of 4k.

for a block, ouch. ooi, how was it damaged in the first place.

Sorry, your first post said it was compensation that is why i was asking, well personally 500 is better than a poke in the eye but i would personally push for a bit more

Sorry not sure why I said compensation, what would you feel was a better amount?

thanks. we have had a lot of inconvenience, which isn't easy to prove.

They accepted that they need to change things their end. ie better quality control (they admitted the technician hadn't been there long and was left to get on with it)

we have a driveway with diesel and oil all over it. We basically had to fight to get a 7 seater car, which was a necessity for us as a family