Bank charge complaints soar!

simpson3375
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fellow CAG members may find this news article interesting:

Bank charge complaints soar | This is Money

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

Fellow CAG members may find this news article interesting:

Bank charge complaints soar | This is Money

Very interesting, thanks for the link!

I can't think why complaints against banks should soar though! Surely, the banks are the most law-abiding, morally upright members of society? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Perish the thought anyone should think differently!!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

I know. What are they doing that is getting everybodies back up?

:confused: :confused:

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

It's about time!!! The more pressure they get from customers to refund this the better --- can you imagine how much it's costing them in legal fee's to refuse these actions, then the inevitable refund?? bet it eating into the 34bn the top 5 banks made from us last year lol

I think the guy who coined the name "BANKER" was, infact, dyslexic ... or really really bad at spelling

OOOppps, sorry martin, posted before i'd read the post about "certain words/phrases" and the banks possible view of defamation in the bear garden ... i'll be sure not to post things that accuse banks of a criminal act for unlawfully using our money again.

Thanks for pointing this out

lil_jo :D

...the chief ombudsman has warned banks to start acting fairly when handling claims for compensation.

He accuses banks of giving customers the run-around by paying back the charges only to those who are prepared to go to court or make a complaint to the ombudsman. And he threatened to make a legal ruling that will force banks to pay back all charges.

Instead, he wants banks to accept that their charges are unfair and refund them when customers complain, rather than resorting to delaying tactics and bargaining over how much they should refund.

Surely he then agrees that they are unfair and should be doing something about it anyway?

If a more definite quote could be obtained from the chief ombudsman it could be added to the preliminary letters and might result in claims being paid a lot quicker.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Perhaps we should all write to him. There is a thread talking about the same sort of thing which you may be interested in:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/43287-financial-ombudsman-recommendation.html

It will help us out in the long run if he gets involved.