Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1423 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been having a problem with a letting agent regarding repairs. I sent a letter to the over 6 months ago with a list of repairs that need to be carried out, but no matter how many times i call or visit the office to ask, it always seems to fall on deaf ears. Any ideas on how to proceed....

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

if you know where the landlord is write to them directly. Make sure that the repairs you are after are either statutory or part of the tenancy agreement and not things that you would be expected to do for yourself.

Things you would be expected to do yourself if not listed- repairing cuboard door furniture, replacing broken toilet seat

The LA is not resp for repairs.

You should address your letter to LL at the 'address for Service of Notices' contained in the AST.

Even if it is LA business address, they are duty bound to refer it to LL for action, even if they normally conduct repairs.

It is LL decision who he appoints to conduct repairs, not LA. LL can ignore any request not made in the prescribed manner (at his peril).

LA may just be waiting for LL reply. We can't all sit, waiting for phone to ring or email alert; but most LLs may welcome T feedback on LA performance occ.