• Tweets

• The digital bank has introduced three new plans - Extra, Perks and Max - replacing its existing Plus and Premium plans for new customers.View the full article
    • Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Santander threatening to take back car if demands not met

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please.

This one is a little long winded but I'all try to keep it as short as possible whilst giving as much info as possible.

I took out a car on hire purchase finance which was provided by Santander

. I took the car out over 48 months.

I made 5 monthly payments but I reclaimed 3 of these payments through direct debit indemnity.

I know this was rather stupid but I had to pay almost £800 for car repairs and it was the only way was able to get that amount of money.

As a result I received a default notice.

I phoned and tried to set up the direct debit again to make my monthly payments as well as a payment towards my arrears until they were cleared.

My monthly payment is £235 per month.

I offered to pay an additional £20 per month but they refused stating that I had to repay the arrears over a maximum of 3 months therefore I'd be paying double £470 for the next 3 months.

I ended up speaking with a manager who told me that the minimum amount they would accept was over 12 months which workers out as £65 per month but they would only be willing to accept this payment if I provided them with an income and expenditure form that they would send me.

I asked them what I would do in the meantime with regards to my payment.

Is was advised that I could pay this by standing order until they had received the returned income and expenditure form which would allow them to reinstate the direct debit, given it was affordable.

This was 16th September I spoke to them.

I advised them in writing that my first payment would be on 28th September and every month thereafter.

I would pay £235 plus £65 towards the arrears so total payment of £300 per month.

I made the payment on 28th September and my next payment is due on 28th Oct (Fri).

I received a letter on 14th October asking me to contact their department in relation to my credit agreement.

I phoned them and they advised me that they had cancelled my credit agreement and the only option for me to keep the car was to pay the settlement amount of £12k immediately.

I asked them why they would cancel and they told me it was because I hadn't returned the completed income and expenditure form.

First of all I never received the form in the first place.

I assumed they hadn't sent it due to me already making the first payment as agreed.

They said they attempted to phone me several times but they had been using an old number despite me giving them my new number.

This was now passed to collections and they have threatened to hand this to solicitors in order to recover the car.

Despite only making two payment totalling £520 I made a deposit of £4300 so really I've paid almost £5k. It's not 1/3 but I know they can't take the car without my consent or without a court order (Scotland) regardless of the amount paid.

This is also confirmed in the small print of the finance agreement.

after going through their complaints procedure and threatening with the ombudsman they told me that they would reinstate the terminated agreement if I

a) supplied them with an invoice from the garage that carries out the repairs on my car and

b) completed a financial statement which has to include my last 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements and a list of my other creditor with their statements where possible.

They told me that the £300 I paid at the end of September was a token payment and not part of an arrangement as one has not been set.

I asked them if I should pay this month and they said if you want but it would just be a token payment. I don't know if I want to pay this as I might use this as leverage when setting up a new direct debit. If it's only a token payment then they don't care if I'm paying £10 or £300 by the looks of things.

So here's the question.

I have no issue with providing them with an invoice for the car repairs considering they are telling me that I must do that or order for them to accept my payment arrangement.

I am however unwilling to provide them with bank statements (this is a joint bank account with my wife and she is not willing for this to be given out) and I am not willing to provide payslips or statements from other creditors as quite frankly I find this very intrusive.

I feel like they are holding me to ransom over this information but I believe in standing for what I believe in and I shall not be bullied by Santander.

I'm trying my best to rectify the issue but my understanding is that the only people who can order you to provide bank statements are the courts.

If I'm paying my monthly payment as well as an additional £65 per month I doubt very much the judge would entertain Santander.

I believe this would clearly show I was making an effort to pay as well as clear my arrears.

I will defend this on court if I have to.

Am I legally obliged to provide all this information to the creditor or would a completed income and expenditure be enough. If they did take me to court I would show this information to the judge only if necessary.

I never realised Santander would be so difficult to deal with but from checking lots of online forums it appears to be a common practice of theirs.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone can advise me of where I stand legally.

Is this Satans Bank Consumer Finance we are talking about?

If so, they are a real headache to deal with.

Oh welcome to the Forums too :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yeah mate thats them. Honestly I can't believe how difficult they are. I've had car finance with bad debt creditors before such as First Response Finance and they are nowhere near as bad as Santander. Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. Good luck to them trying to recover the vehicle. This could get messy.

So you have the car still? But they are refusing to continue the agreement without Bank Statements etc?

They are not entitled to see those unless a court orders them and then its normally the judge that would use them. However are they planning to use them to assess a new application to reinstate a credit agreement? Affordability etc etc??

This could get very sticky.

Token payments against what? Are they going to allocate what you've paid to the new agreement already?

Bare in mind that VT could be helpful here in the long run...

Edited by Andyorch
edited

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

My first question has to be, why did you have an £800 repair bill 5 months into a car that you will pay £12k for? There must surely have been some warranty and then theres the CRA 2015 which would have helped.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Fkofilee its justvto make sure I can afford to pay my monthly payment as well as the additional amount towards my arrears. Here is a detailed account as to what happened. I posted this on another site.

Edited by Andyorch
duplicate post

What if I declare myself bankrupt will I be able to keep the car?

No you would not be able to keep the car if you declared yourself bankrupt, unless you could prove that you needed it to work, as in it was an essential tool of your trade.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

to answer previous points, unless they reinstate the agreement, vt will not be an option

if you go bankrupt, you will not be able to keep the car (this will be covered in the agreement)

just to clarify , you are in scotland?

I would first make a Formal Complaint in writing over their treatment of your proposals

should they continue to refuse your reasonable repayment proposals

or were they to take action(and you should point out that as you are in Scotland, they will require a court order to repo the car)

look into a Time Order, which have been rarely used in Scotland

this would give you the protection of the courts

read the following

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/S/factsheets/Pages/time-orders/Page-04.aspx#

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.