PCN from Euro Car Parks - Morrisons York - Current Advice Please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've received a PCN today from Euro Car Parks as my car was parked at their York store for 3 hours 31 minutes a few days ago, time limit is 3 hours.

Yes, the car was there for that length of time,

though I will not be stating here or anywhere else who was driving the car at the time

(there are several people it could potentially be).

The driver of the car did do shopping there during the visit,

but did also do a few other things in and around the site of the car park during that time.

I'm not sure yet if receipts are available to back this up,

although 2 of the potential drivers share a "Morrisons More" loyalty card which will show purchases registered during that time period.

The letter I have (as keeper) is "demanding" £85, or £50 if paid within 14 days.

The letter shows 2 photographs of my registration plate, with typed text below stating the entry and exit times.

I've searched the forum for similar Morrisons time period exceeded messages and most are old enough for me not to be sure if they contain the best current advice, so would be grateful if anyone here could give the best course of action I should take please.

I have an address/email address for Morrisons head office customer services if I need to go down that route (any set text available for making the best case direct to Morrisons?).

If its relevant, I've seen some messages here giving differing views on which associations Euro Car Parks belongs to.

This letter clearly shows them claiming to be members of the BPA if that helps?

Thanks in advance!

Ignore euro car parks. APpeal to morrisons with your reciept or bank statement showing the transaction. Theyll cancel it. ALso, unless its a brand new store, none of them have planning permission to issue PCN's, or even registered with council as theyd have to pay council rates.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore euro car parks. APpeal to morrisons with your reciept or bank statement showing the transaction. Theyll cancel it. ALso, unless its a brand new store, none of them have planning permission to issue PCN's, or even registered with council as theyd have to pay council rates.

Thank you for your advice, I shall try that.

Can I just ask a further question.

Is it still the case, as I believe it was a couple of years ago, that technically these companies can only legally attempt to claim compensation for the amount of money they lost as a result of the car being parked in that space (i.e. if it's a free car park, they didn't lose any money as none was due to be paid at the time)?

Thanks

sorry but I disagree with the advise here

you need to do your homework

firstly appeal for any reason your like

dog got stuck in a queue at the toilets.

you are after the popla code to appeal.

that will cost them more money

you need to get down there and photo all the signs and their positions.

do not ignore it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no, that was clarified by the Beavis decision. Basically the parking co doesnt have to show its costs or losses and may collect penalties for the breach of contract as long as these are "not unconscionable" and that ruled that £100 wasnt outside this meaning.

Also, Morrisons booted out all of the parking co's so I bet there is no contract between landowner and parking co. Complain to Morrisons and DO NOT contact ECP at all.

Great, thank you!

I have a draft letter to Morrisons typed up at home. I may post it here tonight to see if it's worded properly or if anyone would recommend alterations if that's OK...

You could ask them about their relationship with ECP at that store as part of your letter as you "thought" that you had read they had been given the heave-ho. They will then have to explain their position on this

Thanks. If Morrisons have ended their relationship with ECP, does that mean they no longer have any authority to get ECP to cancel charges (invoices) though?

Yes they do as they're issued on their property. Follow advice given and it will be sorted

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes they do as they're issued on their property. Follow advice given and it will be sorted

Thanks.

Here is the text of the letter I intend to send to Morrisons today. Does anyone have any advice please on parts I should change/add/delete?

Hello,

On the 25th October I received a Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks, relating to the 15th October 2016, when my car was parked at your York Foss Islands Retail Park store for a little over the 3 hour parking limit. We have bank statements showing that we did shop at this store that day.

Euro Car Parks have sent this speculative invoice to me as the owner of the car, I do not recall who the driver of the vehicle was on that particular occasion, and there are multiple named drivers on my car.

As a family (myself, my wife, and our daughter who is at University in York), we shop often at Morrisons. My wife and daughter have recently obtained a shared "Morrisons More" loyalty card and have been keen to try to add points to it by regularly shopping with you in both York and Leeds.

In the interests of customer service, I wish to request that you arrange for this Parking Charge Notice to be cancelled and issue confirmation to me that this has been done. I am aware that as the landowners you have the authority to do this. I am also a little confused about the relationship between yourselves and Euro Car Parks, as I have heard from informed sources that your business relationship with Euro Car Parks had ended, so I'd like to know under whose authority they are able to issue these speculative invoices.

I realise that Euro Car Parks claim that "a contract has been agreed and entered in to" by the action of a car being parked in your car park, however in the interests of safety neither I or my family are in the habit of agreeing to or entering in to contracts based on large swathes of text that are intended to be read whilst driving. Do you expect drivers to concentrate on the road and the many pedestrians in your car park when entering, or on reading large quantities of text instead?

I would like to remain a customer of yours, however it is no inconvenience whatsoever for my family to visit alternative supermarkets where we have never had issues with parking. Between us in Leeds and York we have plenty of options of where to shop. If you are compliant with my request, I assure this would be a one off request, as I will make sure all named drivers on my car are aware that my car is not to be left on these premises for longer than the allotted time limit.

Please find the following scans attached:

• The front page of the Parking Charge Notice

• My wife's "Morrisons More" loyalty card, linked to my daughters account with you.

• Bank statement showing the shopping transaction with you on 15th October (transaction went through on 17th October)

• Another recent statement showing a much larger transaction with yourselves at the same store. If we remain as customers of yours these are likely to be fairly regular large shops throughout my daughters 3 year stay in York.

• Photo 1 of the signage outside your car park. There are 3 signs here, not able to be read by a driver on entrance if they are to also drive safely.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

IMHO that's too long?

Might get binned or stop reading by the end of the first para????

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO that's too long?

Might get binned or stop reading by the end of the first para????

So you think I should just go with something basic along the lines of "I got a charge while I was shopping at your store, please cancel it or we shall take our business elsewhere" and pretty much leave it at that?

Well fluff is out a bit

and they

:whoo:

and they

in the interests of customer service?

you are making a complaint about a parking co that Morrisons told its shareholders was no longer employed so clarity on this point and a cancellation please

rather than long winded story about what ECP claim,

that is not the issue,

nor is the interest of safety or anything else that you use to mitigate why you were there for a fornight rather than an hour.

It is all irrelevant so stop thinking you have to justify your actions,

just moan about ECP and politely ask that Morrisons get it cancelled.

Update: My letter to Morrisons (and possibly subsequent twitter rants in their direction) appears to have worked!

I have just received an email from Morrisons Customer Services stating that as a gesture of goodwill they have arranged with the parking company for the charge to be cancelled.

I have replied asking if I will receive confirmation of this cancellation from Euro Car Parks, awaiting reply.

Do I need to make sure that I do get something in writing from Euro, or should I now just sit back and do nothing?

Thanks for the help so far....

make sure that your email is kept, ideally copy it to a file somewhere else just in case the idiots keep pestering you. For the moment let them write to you and tell you the matter is closed. If they dont confirm this then you could ask them for a POPLA code in a month's time, that will hack them off.

make sure that your email is kept, ideally copy it to a file somewhere else just in case the idiots keep pestering you. For the moment let them write to you and tell you the matter is closed. If they dont confirm this then you could ask them for a POPLA code in a month's time, that will hack them off.

Am I only able to get a POPLA code if I'd had an appeal rejected? I haven't appealed to Euro yet as I went down the Morrisons route first. If that hadn't been succesful I was going to put an appeal in before the time limit for doing that expired.

I know,

the point being is that if ECP dont send you the letter cancelling

then they will have to offer this service and if that happens they will have to pay POPLA a fee just to admit the charge was cancelled by their superiors and there is nothing they can add to that.

This is all about making them do the work at their expense rather than you chasing them so they can then email you for free.

Sod that, make them post you a written letter in their own good time or suffer the consequences