Redwood Collections - School Fees (Not clear cut, Ofsted report)

finch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was hoping to possibly get some advice.

My kids where at a private school (fees paid till the end of the school year).

Then this happens..

. http://www.shernoldschool.co.uk/118972__1.pdf

and

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/shernold-school-inadequate-staff-checks-97172/

at which point we withdrew the kids from the school and moved them elsewhere.

We have told the school that we where not happy (so have others)

and we would not be paying the notice period

(although the bill they have sent us appears to only be for half of the term :???:

Fast forward

a few months of email exchanges to yesterday,

we receive a letter from Redwood Collections looking to collect the outstanding amount.

Its there typical "We are instructed to take all necessary steps to recover the sum shown, including legal action if required".

Some (hopefully) useful points:

1. The school fees where paid in full till the end of the school year

2. My eldest son has moderate aspergers syndrome and ADHD (we have letters proving it and the school where aware of this) he also had major heart surgery in March of this year

3. My sons care team had tried to work with the school with regards to what is the best outcome for my eldest sons education. They weren't interested (can prove this as well).

4. All things said done we where going to move them regardless due to having (documented) concerns for a while.

Whats the best way forward with this?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry to work around the "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts." message, but I think the links are important to what is going on here.

Think you need to go back to the contract terms you signed with the school and whether the school breached the terms enough for the notice period not to be due. You should have registered a formal dispute in writing at the time, so you have something to point to, if you were taken to court at a later date.

I don't think you need to reply to Redwoods at this stage, but you need to prepare just in case you are ever taken to court.

To assist further, please advise what the contract states in regard to the school complying with any OFSTED or other standards. Also confirm that you did register a formal dispute with the school in which you stated full reasons for withdrawing from the school.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

just be careful of redwood and their co-horts harwood solicitors

they will issue a claim form.

couple of threads here already on them and school fees.

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=harwoods&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=redwood%20school

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry but a rubbishing from OFSTED doesnt change your contractual agreement with the school.

Bit like you cant take your car back to the dealership because "What Car" said it was a dustbin on wheels

The only saving grace is that the report raised safeguarding issues

but in reality this is all about taking steps to prevent radicalisation and not stopping the children wandering off into the road.

You will need to read the paperwork you signed very carefully to see if this report "frustrates the contract".