Bullying and Harrassment campaign by the DWP Jobcentre Plus - My unfortunate 2 year nightmare....

Guest Dave Evan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Dave Evan

On Wednesday, 4th Nov 15, a JobCentre Workcoach at Seven Kings Jobcentre, instigated a full scale row with me about my apparent job search failure, even though I applied for 33 vacancies for period 21/10/15 – 4/11/15

- so she's clearly insane and her judgement is off at best and worst she doesn't listen to reason nor pay attention to months of evidence.

(This is my 2nd complaint against this particular Work Coach for bullying – the first complaint being the 10th September 2014)

She battered me about why I hadn't secured interviews for the amount of jobs applied for,

I explained that many job sites sold advert slots to recruitment agencies,

and that many jobs aren't offered to me due to me being over qualified, and too old for entry-level posts.

At precisely 12:40pm, she aggressively challenged me and said “If I'm so experienced, then I should be in work”

- and she didnt mean it as a compliment either,

she was goading me,

doing her absolute best to wind me up,

and she's clearly a lunatic of the highest order and unprofessional to boot.

I mean, does she really think that repeatedly bashing out the same questions really helps motivate jobseekers or changes a job-market fluctuation situation that's completely out of my control – it doesn't.

The 'Work Coach' also kept banging on about her 'job coach' credentials,

she told me she was a qualified job coach

(seems the majority of DWP staff do this too, but from what I've seen they don't have the skills/knowledge required to coach anyone) .

Is the DWP sure they should be using self-appointed titles, as I thought their titles were Compliance/Customer/Client Advisor?? although the Work Coaches seems to think its fine to promote themselves and bully others....

(It seems the title of 'Work Coach' is an official title according to the DWP).

She then turned to giving low-level CV tips, 'advising' that I should change it so its 'targeted'.

Well, I've removed 4 positions to make it so

– but this has now left a huge gap of 4 years employment that is tough to explain to interviewers, hmmm, great advice

She then threatened to repeat the same pathetic questioning every time I attend my signing day,

and I'm not being spoken to like that,

nor will I stand for her ridiculous threats and told the Jobcentre, I

will take this to the highest complaints level as this is the 2nd time these pathetic power games has occurred and the 3rd advisor complaint put forward by myself,

although I couldn't be bothered to take it to the maximum complaints stage last time, but I will now.

Edited by dx100uk

names removed and thread tidied.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Dave Evan

On Wed 27 Jan 2016, I attended Seven Kings Jobcentre with my new Work Coach as usual, and she insisted I register with Universal Jobmatch, which I declined several times before as there is no legal requirement for me to do so, and I as I find UJ totally useless as a job board, it doesn't serve my needs as a jobseeker with its 'job feed' and fake self-employed opportunities.

But she kept insisting, so I asked why I'd not been notified in writing from DWP, to which she had no real answer except to suggest DWP doesn't inform jobseekers. I then said until I see a written contract, I'm not joining UJ – she then went nuts and threatened me with actions and suspensions etc. So, I agreed to the courtesy of registration and reminded her that I opted out of any access control by dwp staff job coaches before when I registered at an earlier date, (which had expired so I showed her that document previously on 13 Jan 2016) - to which she accepted.

She then asked me to send proof of my registration to UJ, and said I'd bring it in next sign day in 2 weeks, but that wasn't good enough and she threatened me by trying to make me attend on Thurs 4th Feb, so she made notes of my refusal to make it look all authoritative and her to be in the right etc , to which I declined and forwarded proof by email.

Despite getting her way, she was disgruntled by me changing my mind to send the email rather than attend an extra day, no doubt she wanted to punish me for losing her silly game of one-upmanship. So I thought that was the end of the matter, but no, she wasn't finished and turned to my CV instead.

On 21 Jan @ 1:40pm I sent my CV as an attachment to my Work coach, but this was somehow illegal or wrong as dwp systems cannot open MS Word documents, so re-sent it the only way an email system will allow, and that's by pasting it into the email body. On 27 Jan, during a phone conversation, she wasn't happy with me sending my CV within the email body, but as DWP staff cannot apparantly open attachments, what am I supposed to do... - anyway, she eventually accepted my CV despite her aggressive, disgruntled approach to my compliance.

She then proceeded to attack my CV and said “this isn't the way to format a CV” - now there was no need for that ok, then not satisfied with that, she then saw my dissatisfaction to her silly remark and she said “Save the attitude” - what the hell, I mean what a thing to say to a client, what attitude lol - as shes the one with the problem, not me - see, she's simply a lunatic...

She then further attacked me by saying “You can suck through your teeth as much as you like, it makes no difference”

Further more, I strongly suspected Seven Kings staff were talking about me, as the first time I even met this brand new Work Coach the first thing she said to me was “I've heard all about you” - proof enough I think! [Removed]

Edited by honeybee13
Reducing spacing and unfounded allegation at the end.

Guest Dave Evan

I attended a DWP Jobcentre Plus interview workshop on Wednesday, 12th Oct 2016, this is my formal review.

The whole process was unnecessary for most people, and too basic to be of any use as most learnt interview technique at a young age, and learnt/improves as one sits interviews throughout one's career. As far as practise goes, we have the internet to take care of that, so sending claimants on such courses is a waste of time, also since interviews were covered on the 2 weeks prior to the Work Programme - where most people would score an A* (yes - these courses are graded) you got to ask the question - why are claimants put through these awful tasks, which arent helpful, just a waste of time and resources on both sides.

Further more, since my work details are on file with the DWP, and include my heavy management background, plus diploma in management, I should never had been placed on such a ludicrous workshop - and who the hell has ever heard of a 1 hour workshop - the very idea is a farce.

Now we get to the interview itself: The Interview was conducted by two interviewers, so not quite a panel session - obviously one couldnt handle the job on their own..

My review is based on unprofessional behaviour from Interviwer 1, alone, and Interviewer 2 had no involvement in what went on.

Interview

Firstly, began quite professionally, intros were fine, but decended into sillyness once I handed over my CV. As interviews require a CV, I handed mine over and was immediately attacked for doing so eg: she actually objected me from handing it over, like it was some major crime I committed, and recommended that I shouldnt hand one over to them as CVs are usually sent before the interview. Thing is, this wasnt a proper interview, no employer was involved, I wasnt up for a real job, so any outcome was false and doesnt count.

-- she took the whole thing too seriously, like it she was some lecturer, or parent, scolding a student or child for a grave error - [removed] but since I was playing along, for the interview to be fully successful, one needs the CV of the 'candidate' I would have thought...

I was being helpful, but wish I hadnt of bothered to be. Unfortunately my kind act of helpfulness, was later trashed and an act of Good Cop/Bad Cop transpired throughout the remainder of the interview.

Her questions were firstly based on heavy probing (and not in a good way either) - to make me uncomfortable, catch me out to make her feel a level of self importance - however, she underestimated my skills as she went far beyond her remit and knowledge level.

She then proceeded to humiliate me with a barage of questions stemming from the job description, which was a tad pedantic and done to belittle me as my knowledge of interviewing is far superior to hers and she didnt like it. The other interviewer was quite professional by the way, but [name removed] just lost it completely, she lost the plot.

She then asked me 'What is your greatest weakness?' - why she was using a question that I last heard 30 years ago is beyond me, seeing as its a question every textbook tells you not to answer as its a direct invitation to put a noose around one's neck, so I answered as above and left it there.

She then felt it necessary to inform me of her client visits with local employers and that these are the questions still used by employers today etc. I didnt want nor expect a lecture, this wasnt what the workshop was supposed to be about, and I wanted to get the hell out of there frankly, as the exercise was a total waste of time because of my background and qualifications.

Btw - there was no mention of a salary for the post - quite important for degree of probability for the candidate I would have thought.... And who needs A levels to do admin work??? - the whole job description is utter lunacy of fabrication of what a true office role would entail. Besides a ton of office duties left off her job description list for starters - like message taking, handling phone enquiries or faxing of documents.

These pathetic courses are a waste of time, and here is proof: So lets take a look at what I gained from them:

1) 12 months Job Search activity with Training Provider/Agency - Failed due to lack of available jobs, free staff for employers means they dont need to hire, leaving a paid job is too great a risk in the current climate and influx of foreigners taking any job must reduce vacancies nationally.

2) 2 week Work Preparation Course - Failed to teach me anything I didnt already know.

3) Mandatory Work Placement - After 6 month work experience, no offer of paid work came from the provider, and as for the duties required, I already had in abundance from 5 years running my own company.

4) Interview Workshop - Failed, to furnish me with anything useful or beyond my vast knowledge in Recruitment.

I understand there is a Team Building course at some point, some workshop thing or other, should be a good laugh...

Edited by honeybee13
Reducing spacing and removing insults and names

that's about 11 times now you've put you message up

in this and other duplicate threads

why do you keep doing it?

ONCE is enough..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hate to be critial - but if you are so well qualified why have you managed to post the same thread multiple times - and why are you still looking for work after 2 years.

Perhaps it might be worth coming down off your high horse and begin to engage with the people who are paid to ensure that you receive benefit

• Haha 1

Dave Evan, here's a link to your thread. It's much better to keep posting new information to the same thread, it helps the advisers to follow what's happening. :)

Here's a link to this thread in case it helps, please continue to post here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?470988-Bullying-and-Harrassment-campaign-by-the-DWP-Jobcentre-Plus-My-unfortunate-2-year-nightmare....&p=4961392#post4961392

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hate to be critial - but if you are so well qualified why have you managed to post the same thread multiple times - and why are you still looking for work after 2 years.

Perhaps it might be worth coming down off your high horse and begin to engage with the people who are paid to ensure that you receive benefit

Couldn't agree more.. surely any job is better to get off of benefit. I'm

sure the o/p with his background knows that it's easier to find work if you are in work. Besides, two years is a long time - your skills could become outdated

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Guest Dave Evan

I didn't - it was originally just 3 posts, all with different titles, dates and times.

High horse - what are you talking about.... You do know that 120 applications per job, are made for just the entry level jobs, hate to know the figures for work that requires actual skill.

Guest Dave Evan

"So why haven't you got a job then? Your attitude stinks."

Wow, who the hell are you friend? I've won business awards, my own clients and my own business for 5 years - and that experience, you cant buy that or ever get that working fro some 2-a penny employer, I'm telling you.

I got my DMgt with Distinction, and worked hard in my life. Heck, I was running a business while at School earning £150 per month, at 15 years of age, while competing as a County Level Judoka, and winning the London Youth Games title.

Edited by Dave Evan

Have you made a Formal Complaint in Writing to the DWP Office concerned?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Guest Dave Evan

"and begin to engage with the people who are paid to ensure that you receive benefit"

You do realise the Jobcentre staff are a bunch of normal people, without the in-depth knowledge to give advice.... Never listen to what they tell you, they lie, deliberately don't tell you things regarding your claim and are all told to target claimants with suspensions and 3 month sanctions. The staff all have targets to meet regarding sanctions.

They are working in a place where they need Security guards and 14 cameras to protect them - yet their the ones who start the fights. Must be a fun workplace..... Holy smoke, why would anyone do that job, that puts you infront of desperate, de-motivated public who are very often higher qualified than the muppets working there.

Edited by Dave Evan

Guest Dave Evan
Have you made a Formal Complaint in Writing to the DWP Office concerned?

Ofcourse - for all 3 work coaches. I wanted everything to be formal and documented.

Even sent it to the next stage of the Independent Case Examiner, and will be forwarding it to the Director General of Operations.

Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing to the DWP Office concerned?

You also have the option of contacting your Local Councillor & MP for there opinion.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Guest Dave Evan

"Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing to the DWP Office concerned?"

This is an automatic process once the complaints are sent to the ICE. Been through this before, the Jobcentre contacts, sometimes apologises, and already had a new advisor assigned the last time etc -

been there, done it and got the t-shirt as far as the dwp goes, and sure I'm not the only one with the nightmare experience - so says the web....

Some guy set up 'the sanctioned jobseeker' as he got 2 mandatory re-consideration notices in his favour. Someone else organised their own Work Experience placement, but wasn't allowed to do it.

Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing to the DWP Office concerned?

You also have the option of contacting your Local Councillor & MP for there opinion.

Apologies I was writing to respond as you posted.

So have you used this system on this occasion (ICE)? https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/independent-case-examiner

"So why haven't you got a job then? Your attitude stinks."

Wow, who the hell are you friend? I've won business awards, my own clients and my own business for 5 years - and that experience, you cant buy that or ever get that working fro some 2-a penny employer, I'm telling you.

I got my DMgt with Distinction, and worked hard in my life. Heck, I was running a business while at School earning £150 per month, at 15 years of age, while competing as a County Level Judoka, and winning the London Youth Games title.

So why haven't you got a job after 2 years, I used to be print and production manager of a global company, when I lost my job I had to get a job that paid less a month than I used to pay in tax and NI, but it was a job, since starting that job two years ago I have been promoted twice had a 10k pay increase and am looking at yet another promotion in December.

You have skills that can be used in variety of roles I am surprised that you haven't found a role to suit you in all that time after all you seem to be more qualified than the 'muppets' you are dealing with so it cant be that hard surely

Guest Dave Evan

"You have skills that can be used in variety of roles I am surprised that you haven't found a role to suit you in all that time after all you seem to be more qualified than the 'muppets' you are dealing with so it cant be that hard surely"

I get about 3 interview offers a month/2 months period, but only for sales positions which I don't want, well, not outbound sales I don't. The Customer Service job market is mostly call centre/fundraising, outbound sales at this time.

For me, inbound sales is okay, or a Team Leader post - but like others, I need to be comfortable with what I'm selling, and most products out there don't float my boat or I don't have that product knowledge. So the last thing you want (and been there too) is to start a job, then find your services are no longer required after 2 weeks probation.

Plus most jobs wouldn't even cover the bills it takes to run a house etc - entry level posts are for young grads, students and people looking to get that first job on their CV - not for established professionals like myself - I have gone back to that a few times, but you cant keep on doing that stuff forever, as you'll never grow career-wise or learn anything of value - got to maximise your income...

Many wont risk leaving their jobs - they know they will be out of work for years if they do - this reduces job availability in every sector - even Security where there was always work at one time, but been there, done that - trained Close Protection Officer, holder of NOCN Level 2 award in Door Supervision etc. Was working a 72 hour week, when they wanted me to do Sundays too, so a 7 day working week - I quit after 3 months cos they basically gave me no option, either you do the hours or quit and it was crazy already with a 6 day week - when are you supposed to rest?? and I was in my 30's back then, pretty fit - so the after 3 months there I was shattered and physically tired that couldn't do anyting else but eat, sleep and work, and that's no life.

I worked for 2 other companies that went into liquidation - I seem to be unlucky.

I was approached by a Telecoms company that wanted Credit Controllers, and it sounded great, was really up for it - but after checking it out, the job was based in another County - so couldn't do it, as relocation wasn't an option.

Guest Dave Evan

@ shoelover

"So JSA is better paid than those entry level jobs?"

ofcourse not - but once you've done the bar work, customer services, and other 2-a penny jobs, and reach a certain age, it looks strange and in my vast experience doesn't look good to see a professional

go back to entry level posts. It raises too many questions, even before one gets to the interview stage.

Oh, it seems fine to do a mundane low-paid job when your up against it, but the ones handing out the advice wouldn't do it - that's for sure.

You can be certain that I've done it, didn't like it one bit, and although it on that CV, says you haven't been sitting on your hands - it has a demotivating effect that will be damaging.