• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

behind on swift loan with suspended REPO - going for repo again lots of charges

winniep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a swift secured loan in 2005.

..which was to be paid over 60 month at the rate of 120.41 a month..

..in 2007 i fell into arrears and a ccj was applied to grant repossession.

..this got suspended ..

.to pay normal monthly cost and a little off the arrears...

.this was done until the term expired and at that point debt reached in the 12000 mark...

They said to carry on paying the normal amount which was pre contract plus extra towards arrears..

( but no monthly payments were due as term expired)

so assume everything i pay goes towards arrears.

.been paying every month since to the point of last yr paying 280.00 a month.

..i missed a payment in aug and now they are saying they are taking litigation action

...not sure whether its to enforce the original ccj or acquire a new one.

..can they do this??

Would old one be valid.

..as old one was pay contracted payment with little towards arrears

.in total i have paid in exceas of 15,000 and they say i still owe 8,300.

.can someone help me??

I don't think they can resurrect the first repossession order nine years later. What was the original amount borrowed. The original loan should have finished in 2010 but you are still paying six years after that, yet you were paying the contractual amount plus their set amount towards the arrears. Did they state when this arrangement was made the date it would finish?

I don't think they can resurrect the first repossession order nine years later. What was the original amount borrowed. The original loan should have finished in 2010 but you are still paying six years after that, yet you were paying the contractual amount plus their set amount towards the arrears. Did they state when this arrangement was made the date it would finish?

hi

I was wrong about it being a ccj....it was the default that was registered for 6 years..I always thought it was a ccj.....I took the loan out in June 2005 for 5000 payable over 60months at 120.00 a month.

I got in arrears in 2008 and a repossession order was applied. But it was suspended on the fact I paid 120.00 plus 50.00 towards the arrears that were 480 at the time....The payments wer made but I fell behind a bit more before the term of the loan expired and they hadn't taken it back to court..at the time the loan was term expired in June 2010 I iwed 2800.00 in arrears.

This with the charges that they applied up until this point which was 3500 made me total arrears of 6300 rough figures.....they said I could carry on until arrears were clear by paying amounts each month which were always different ..latest payments being 280.00. Per month..I missed the one in August which has led them to go for litigation...do they have to start again?

TO date I have paid over 15,000 pound for this loan and they say I owe 8500 still.....Can they go for a straight eviction date....it was a regulated secured loan

own thread created

have you all the statements.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have the copies of the repossession order and all the details of payments made and charges applied..nothing about interest....and no in detail of each charge and hat it was for

I also have copy of agreement signed in 2005

yes they can go straight for repo

but not before they've had a hearing about it.

and I doubt they will as its all charges?

are you happy to do the spreadsheet like the other thread you came from?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

aye wrong redirect sorted

dx

and they

If the repossession order was granted in 2008 then they will have to apply to the court to enforce the order as more than 6 years have passed without them bringing further action. However you would be able to ask for a hearing in front of a judge to defend.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ellen and DX have answered your question Winnie on the repo position so if you can focus on your counter defence of charges applied, ready for when you receive their next direction. We don't know your personal circumstances at this point, or when you first applied for the loan which can be issues to also consider.

Ok Swift Advances PLC v Daley case no 4PB02756 is a recent judgement regarding issues including charges. Unfortunately this was an un-regulated loan which didn't have the protection supposedly offered on your regulated loan but it might have a few pointers that could help.

Ok Swift Advances PLC v Daley case no 4PB02756 is a recent judgement regarding issues ..

including charges. Unfortunately this was an un-regulated loan which didn't

have the protection supposedly

offered on your regulated loan but it might have a few pointers

that could help.

hi do you know if i could read about this case

in 2005 we took out regulated secured loan for 5000.

.variable rate of 16.44 apr..

.fell behind in 2008

and went to court and got suspended to pay of arrears of 480.

At the time..loan carried on but fell back into arrears and term end was 23rd july 2010.

..as it came to end I still had arrears and obv charges arrears plus interest so was quite high

I asked what will happen and they said just keep paying the agreed amount which was 124.00 and some extra off.

.which was whatever i could afford at time//

over the years debt crept up to about £12k with interest etc.

.each yr payments have increased and we have paid more each yr that's passed and debt has eventually come down to 8400

In total I have paid over 15k and have 8500 owing.

.i missed a payment in august which they then said they've give us enough time and going back to court..

.tried to offer more each week but they said no.

..Not sure if it will be a fresh claim..

.or enforce the one from 2008...

Since they sent me all the payment sheets I have noted charges etc,

,one page is missing .

..15months worth of details

so sent sar asking for it.

.plus put in complaint to get some charges looked at

..do you think I have good chance of a final suspension.

should I apply for a time order?

ask for adjournment until I get all details.

.Court costs from last time are 2000 and they also charged repossession cancellation of 100..too...

repo cancellation charge!!

who do they think they are!!

a £5k loan from 2005 and still owing £8500 ruddy fleecers

not they cant use the old 2008 order - ELLENN says.

shouldn't be charging interest on fees either.

get an sar running.

and they

have asked for a sar..

..also complained following their complaints procedure.

..regarding high interest..

.there was no mention of any contractual interest being added onto my account.

..nor any information of arrears and what charges have been applied etc...

..variable rate was 16.44 at start of loan

plus when arrears accrued but when went to court they say it was 18.44 which again I was never informed of the hike in interest rate

I have numerous charges for 23.00 saying arrears r 1. weekly..

.at beginning f first arrears.

.100.for a W1/1 letter x2

250.00 defult fee

1,509.90 litigation charges

then 4 days later 534.66 litigation charge.

.all put on account four months after court suspension

all those can be reclaimed at their int rate

they can argue if they can all be reclaimed later

so you've not actually got a date yet for repo

just a threat?

and they

no they are due to look at account on 4th nov.

..the advisor when last spoke said solicitors are trying to get a hearing.

.i did ask them when I put in complaint to withhold any further action until sar request been dealt with.

.not sure whether this will make any difference.

.my main worry is with it being a time served loan will judge automatically grant them the repo..

....now they've sent me all the details and ive looked through them I just want to check whether they are all fair charges and whether interest amount is right...

update

rang swift this morning as sent sar request but didn't enclose any fees..

.asking if there was a charge.

.gentlemen said he would take the payment of my card

and send it to relevant department Monday morning..

as I arrived home I had a large envelope.

.with my complaint details enclosed.

..plus a repayment record .

.and accurial account summary..

of which results are.

as of 25/0ct/16 simple interest 1.17

disbs and ad charges 5,440.81

bounced cheques 8,996.85

monies received 24,832.78

interest added 13,881.76

actuarial balance 8,487.81

also I had few copies of letters they said they had sent me

..also one main copy of the court decision from 2007..

of which it states

Upon hearing the solicitor for the claimant and xxxxx not attending

or xxxxxx not attending

the court orders the claimant possession of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on or before September 11 2007

\the defendant to pay the claimant 61,850.24 being the outstanding amount under the mortgage!!!!!!!

The order is not enforceable as long as they pay the unpaid instalments under the mortgage of 361.29 by conditions set out below

50 per month ...ist to be paid by septemeber...

Isnt this copy supposed to be exact copy from the court as never in my life have I owed that much or have they claimed that muc.

.as I got straight on the phone to a swift advisor as I panicked thinking god they want loads.

..the advisor said it has never been that amount outstanding

...so this in fact anot the true copy...

in my accounts of interest applied I have had interest applied with every payment I made say I paid 70..they added 48 interest on top...

on my printed repayment record I had as of 23 dec 2011

..6.47 owing.

..0.1 months arrears

...from that point everything I pad it increased in the arrears box.

.but has brackets around it..

every single payment I made it increased every single time unless my payment declined where it stayed the ame..

looks like I was more in debt by making payments than not making them...

They have offered my 1009.00 as a gesture of goodwill..

.Think I need to send this of now for further investigation

..I don't think I should owe anything

disbs and ad charges 5,440.81

bounced cheques 8,996.85

wow get a spreadsheet done that will calc their interest

convert that montly apr to yearly?

and they

you need to stop ringing them!

you need a papertrail.

dx

and they