• Tweets

• Letter said 10 going across company, 2 from cad team. Only 2 have been scored. Essentially I would have stayed but now my position is untenable I feel, how could I go back after being mistreated like this. So yes, I want more compensation because its been an unfair process.    We don't have a union. 
    • So your desired outcome is "going, but more money"?   How many people are leaving in total? Has a union or reps agreed the redundancy terms?
    • I can certainly see why your son booked there.  The place has rave reviews from previous guests.  I'm surprised they are being so unprofessional with your son.   On their page under "Questions" they've written   Hi there! On the booking listing on the search page it says free cancellation, however when I go to book it says non refundable. Please can you confirm whether there is free cancellation on this for November bookings? Thanks!   Hello, Our cancellation policy is free cancellation upto 60 days before arrival. However if White Cross Bay has to close due to a second lockdown, we will re schedule your stay or offer a full refund.   I would suggest your son write to them through Booking.com's internal messaging system (Bookings > Owls House > Contact the property) and if they don't reply within 48 hours demand that Booking.com intervene.    N.B.  After a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of bookings this internal messaging system ceases to work for old bookings so it might fail, but, hey, it's worth a try, it'll only take 10 minutes..   On their COVID Info. page Booking.com go on about bookings after 6 April, basically saying that after that date everyone knows about COVID and that travelling is a risk so it's a good idea to book places that offer free cancellation.  However, before that date - which would apply to your son - I'm pretty sure they had some scheme where you could cancel even if not normally allowed.  Sorry to be vague, but again this is worth looking into.   I suggest these things on a "belt & braces" basis. Obviously keep fighting to get the money back through the Halifax as others have suggested!
    • Typical defence that you would expect in response...reads rather like a witness statement than a defence.   Be wary of point 25 .....are you currently indebted to the agreement ?.....they are relying on CPR 16.6 to use a set off defence.   Andy
    • Thanks Andy - I really do need to read up!  
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Mars / oakwood repo

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3859 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

New hearing date set 4th march Our local DJs are going to know me very well soon

Their solictor has sent another letter to my tenant a single lady with young child telling them of the date and the arrears!!!

She is obviously worried, and wondering if she will evicted, this is a leagal but very underhand tactic that potentailly puts my and others tenancy in jeopardy if she just ups and goes, leaving me with nothing to pay the mortgage with

Fortunately I have known the tenant since birth and she wants to stay

there so will trust me to work it all out The additiional stress doesnt help any tho.

Will I recieve anything Off them or can I force them to issue any documents they are going to use I was thinking along the lines of a CPR 31.14 request for any other info

any other ideas on my defnce will help

onlyme

hiya ohitsonlyme

have you already sent a request for a sars for all info they hold on you?

i know they would have 40 days to send and may just be out of time for your case date

however, also do the appropiate cpr request, always send with evidence of them receiving it,

hope that helps cheers survivor and angel x

S&A Thanks for your interest, and help I have re read the hearing information and the other side have until 19th to provide a response to my defence statement so will leave it until then before sending the cpr request as I might give them an advantage

Will keep you informed as I hear anything

thanks again

Onlyme

• 1 month later...

Had my hearing to day and WON!!!!

Only me vs Mars / oakwood

The other side were given a telling off by the jduge on several accounts

1/ A buy to let mortgage is still a residential and despite their pleas they have to follow pre court protocols Offers have to be followed thro with before action

2/ The other side used a conversation with my ex wife as the trigger to start proceedings

I got this of my DSAR Subject access reports are a major key to victory make sure you go thro them with a fine tooth comb

3/CHeck check and check again the figures they give to you I think my 10 year old helped them to make up the claim

Moral of the story

These people can and will be beaten dont let them get away with injustice

The judge is there to help you and isnt on the others side

Mine was a lovely lady that did a lot of the defending for me from my statements

Thaks again angel and survivor for your help and assistance

Onlyme

hiya onlyme

that is FANTASTIC NEWS, you must have heard us today we actually came online to check for your thread but you dont have one, but we saw you were on this thread for a lot of info, anyway i digress

that is lovely to hear will let survivor know by text later okay

take care and thanks for coming back but would be really useful if you document all not giving your personal info of course :wink: and this will really help others how to handle this company if they are ever in our positions again

have a fun eve laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Brilliant news....did I not say that the other side had very flimsy grounds.

Isnt it great to have their solicitor told d off in court... it really opens your eyes to how easily the law can be manipulated by the other side.

Well done for keeping your cool and hitting them where it hurts most.