Passport Issues

Surreyman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I don't know whether anyone on this site can help me but I have a big issues with obtaining a Passport.

I've had two in my life but haven't had one for over 15 years.

The thing is I don't know anyone who's in a certain profession who I've known for over 2 years.

I've known someone for over 2 years who's retired but he has no valid passport, I've also known someone else for over 2 years who no longer works for health reasons I think they have a valid passport but they don't meet the criteria for certain professions.

Also. I've recently moved in the last few months to a different town so I couldn't ask a GP, but from what I've read GP's cannot do it now anyway.

This is a massive problem as I've paid a deposit for a holiday to my partners daughters wedding next year and I'm worrying I won't be able to go now.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you

if you are renewing a brit passport, and still have the old one, why do you need someone in a 'certain profession' for over 2 years?

if you are renewing a brit passport, and still have the old one, why do you need someone in a 'certain profession' for over 2 years?

The last Passport I had was 17 years ago and I don't have it now, my parents had my old Passport and I haven't had any contact with them for years, it's probably been binned now and contacting them isn't an option.

Edited by Surreyman

The last Passport I had was 17 years ago and I don't have it now, my parents had my old Passport and I haven't had any contact with them for years, it's probably been binned now and contacting them isn't an option.

ok. the passport office will have yr records.

unless an appearance has changed significantly, i dont think a counter sign is needed re a renewal.

cld try it without a counter sign (it can be done online now). see if they come back to you re.

if you are going for a new no record first time passport, then yes you might need a countersign.

eg https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications/when-to-sign-what-to-do

I've just been on the site, the problem is you can apply for a new Passport, but it won't tell you if you need it counter signed until after you have paid and it says they can't usually give a refund if the application is unsuccessful or withdrawn, so it's very risky.

Thank you.

One question I have is, when I applied for my last Passport, I would have been 17. So my question is have I held an adult passport before? Because I don't know if they go by the year you applied or the year it expired.

Quite simply, you have never held an adult passport. You last passport would have been a child and would have expired before you hit 18 unless issued after your 13th Birthday.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

No, I applied and got my last Passport when I was 17 so it would have expired at 22 years old. What made me question whether I've had an adult passport before was the fact that I was 17 when I got my last Passport.

Edited by Surreyman

10 for adult unless with restrictions

5 for child unless with restrictions...

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport

I need more to go on here to help you :) ... Honestly :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ok so fill out a normal passport form, paper version and also get an LS01 to report your old passport lost/stolen. You wont need the old passport number, it just takes a little longer to process, then use the post office check and send service. If you have a driving licence the passport office will cross reference the info from it and can even use the same photo.

Alternatively, ring the passport office for exact advice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you for the info, I do have a provisional Driving licence.

So I will need to fill out a LS01 form then even though I probably lost my passport a good years ago as I left it at my parents long long ago and like I said it's probably been binned.

It would have expired probably 3-4 years ago now.

I will do what you have said Martin.

Yes if youve held a British passport in the past you will also need to fill in an LS01, you cannot do that online unfortunately.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

The counter signature can be done also by a company director or manager of large companies.

Maybe this opens your field of possibilities.

Teachers, priests, bank managers, accountants, police officers etc.

I think that even retired people in those professions can counter sign.

Also, they must have known you for longer than 2 years, it doesn't matter if they haven't seen you in a while, so your previous contacts may help.

The counter signature can be done also by a company director or manager of large companies.

Maybe this opens your field of possibilities.

Teachers, priests, bank managers, accountants, police officers etc.

I think that even retired people in those professions can counter sign.

Also, they must have known you for longer than 2 years, it doesn't matter if they haven't seen you in a while, so your previous contacts may help.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no one that can counter sign for me.

There's only two people 3 people that I've known for over 2 years, one I'm in a relationship with and two friends but one doesn't have a valid passport and the other doesn't meet the requirements for professions.

The check and send service at the post office will tell you whether you need a counter signatory.

I had to deal with exactly the same for my daughters partner earlier in the year and his didnt need to be.