• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Personal Independence Payment

andydub64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been informed that i will not be getting this benefit, i am currently in receipt of DLA.

The decision and reasons has been based on a seven minute examination and what has been alleged to have taking place in that period of time is complete and utter made up rubbish.

Luckily for me in a sense is that i had a witness my wife who taped the whole seven minute examination which is at complete odds with those giving by the [removed] person who Atos used to examine me.

Might send the footage to the media and expose just how and in under ten minutes the government are relying on this practice and in particular claiming parts of the examination which have been used as a means of stopping this benefit without actually carrying out such process which as far as i am concerned is criminal and very misleading.

Makes you wonder how many other disabled people are losing any rights that they have based on a fabricated report from Atos :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Edited by honeybee13
Racist remark removed.

Well IMO they're going to be very hard pushed to have suddenly cured you and kicked you off this.

What level of DLA were you receiving, and how long for?

You can appeal thei decision, obviously, and lay down the facts etc, if you recorded this covertly then DO NOT inform them of this, simply transcribe the whole hilarious debacle, and then you can rebut their 'report' which we all know is simply tick boxes, lodge a formal complaint about the assessor too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well IMO they're going to be very hard pushed to have suddenly cured you and kicked you off this.

What level of DLA were you receiving, and how long for?

You can appeal thei decision, obviously, and lay down the facts etc, if you recorded this covertly then DO NOT inform them of this, simply transcribe the whole hilarious debacle, and then you can rebut their 'report' which we all know is simply tick boxes, lodge a formal complaint about the assessor too.

Thank you for your reply Bazooka Boo.

I was on the low rate DLA and my wife was also being paid as she has to look after me however my condition has got worse as well as having a heart condition after suffering two heart attacks i now have angina, since my last assessment.

If that was an examination to determined whether someone has a disability or not you could not make it up it was as if the assessor had already made the whole story up and wrote his report before seeing me for seven minutes.

He needs reporting because whilst i know i have a disability i am sure people with far more of a disability than me are being treated the same which is quite worrying tbh.

Who do i need to report the assessor too because this is not right.

I'm so sorry to hear your PIP outcome andydub64. It appears that more and more of these assessors are miraculously curing people in a nano second. How come you are entitled to DLA then overnight your condition has improved to the point that you no longer require this non means tested benefit.

Just wanted to know, did you get permission to record and did the assessor agree to this? Not sure if it would hold up if they were not advised that you were recording them. Ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, and their report on their assessment of you. You will find that many of the assessors answers are pre-programmed responses and often repeat themselves over and over again.

Atos were bad enough, these replacements appear as bad. Also it doesn't help when TV programmes keep putting on documentaries about benefit cheats. These people ruin it for all the genuine people who ARE entitled to PIP, ESA, DLA.

No i did not get permission to record the assessment, my wife recorded it, all seven minutes of it which clearly shows the assessor has lied through his back teeth.

I will invite the assessor to retract his allegations and on the provision that i have personal data by way of a recording that demonstrates he has giving a false and misleading misrepresentation which he has knowingly disclosed of being A FABRICATION OF MEDICAL FACTS.

I want to report him immediately and i am in the process of writing a letter of complaint to The Medical Council as this type of action is not only immoral it boarders on him being a criminal.

DO NOT let them know you have a record of the sham interrogation.

Simply report the fake assessor to the medical council, lodge a formal complaint with your local MP, and demand that they explain why they are content with persecuting the sick & disabled of this country.

Demand a copy of the report, if needs be send the DWP a SAR, which is free, and becomes a pain in the rear for them to do so.

You need to attack them in the right way, showing your hand now will NOT help you, keep a copy of the recording, this will be the ace up your sleeve if needs be.

You don't want the assessor to retract their statements, you want them to further incriminate themselves so you can have them struck off.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

DO NOT let them know you have a record of the sham interrogation.

Simply report the fake assessor to the medical council, lodge a formal complaint with your local MP, and demand that they explain why they are content with persecuting the sick & disabled of this country.

Demand a copy of the report, if needs be send the DWP a SAR, which is free, and becomes a pain in the rear for them to do so.

You need to attack them in the right way, showing your hand now will NOT help you, keep a copy of the recording, this will be the ace up your sleeve if needs be.

You don't want the assessor to retract their statements, you want them to further incriminate themselves so you can have them struck off.

OK thanks for those valid points it is appreciated and i will follow what you have suggested and in the interim ask for his report but i am not going to pay the £10 fee for what is a pack of lies through SAR am i right to assume that going through the DWP they will have to produce the report??

First have you asked for the Mandatory reconsideration? Have you asked for a copy of the report of your assessment? You need to do this so you can go for an appeal.

No i have not asked for a mandatory reconsideration yet Sparks i got the decision last Friday but for what it is worth and to follow the process only i will ask for their mandatory reconsideration which i assume would be based on the fabrication of the facts giving by the lying assessor so i will not be holding my breath but just following their process.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The SAR can take longer than 28 days to arrive. You must ask for the written report of the assessor and a Mandatory Reconsideration and return it within 28 days from the date on the PIP decision letter. They may overturn their decision at Mandatory or they may still decline your application. If they do, you must apply to the appeal stage within 28 days if the Mandatory Reconsideration Letter decision is a 'no'.

On the first link where on the form do i need to indicate that i want sight of the assessors report, thanks in advance.

Is there a template on CAG that indicates the Claimant wishes to the decision not to award PIP is to be assessed on the Mandatory Reconsideration as i want to get things moving now.

Pending the mandatory reconsideration process and any subsequent appeal hearing by a Tribunal if a Tribunal is needed what is the rules on payments for DLA, are they automaticly stopped or does the Claimant continue to receive DLA until the Tribunal is adjudged and determined?

Just phone up the number on the PIP decision letter and tell them you want them to send you their assessors report as you are going to submit a Mandatory Reconsideration based on the reasons you feel you should be awarded PIP. You will be shocked when you read the report as in all probability it will be totally contradictory and pre-programmed repetitive sentences. It takes about a week to arrive, so don't delay as you only have one month from the date of the original decision to return the Mandatory, include any fresh evidence you may have and challenge what you disagree with on the report (do not tell them that you have recorded the assessment). You then wait for their decision. It may be a positive outcome and you will get awarded PIP.

If not you then have one month from a negative decision in which to Appeal, telephone them and tell them you are going to appeal. The link can be downloaded https://www.gov.uk/pip/appeals You can read the notes on how to appeal on this link and use the form to appeal. First of all the Appeal is reassessed again by the DWP before being sent to Tribunal.

Hope this information helps. Not sure if DLA is re-instated, maybe someone else can advise this.

Just phone up the number on the PIP decision letter and tell them you want them to send you their assessors report as you are going to submit a Mandatory Reconsideration based on the reasons you feel you should be awarded PIP. You will be shocked when you read the report as in all probability it will be totally contradictory and pre-programmed repetitive sentences. It takes about a week to arrive, so don't delay as you only have one month from the date of the original decision to return the Mandatory, include any fresh evidence you may have and challenge what you disagree with on the report (do not tell them that you have recorded the assessment). You then wait for their decision. It may be a positive outcome and you will get awarded PIP.

If not you then have one month from a negative decision in which to Appeal, telephone them and tell them you are going to appeal. The link can be downloaded https://www.gov.uk/pip/appeals You can read the notes on how to appeal on this link and use the form to appeal. First of all the Appeal is reassessed again by the DWP before being sent to Tribunal.

Hope this information helps. Not sure if DLA is re-instated, maybe someone else can advise this.

Hi, yes i have just telephoned them and they are going to send the assessment report.

They asked what grounds was i appealing on and informed them that the assessors report is fabricated and evidently could not be completed in seven minutes as was the case.

They have giving me two numbers as to identify who the assessor was and i have informed them that i am making an immediate complaint against him on the grounds on gross medical misrepresentation which would not only be in my interest but also in the interest of the public who have funded this fraud of an examination.

I am also seriously considered Court action against his employers if they fail to act and intervene accordingly as again giving who has funded this assessment out of the public purse, again why should the public be responsible as to pay for what is just plainly corrupt.

On further information and whilst trying to file a complaint with the GMC they have said that the name Atos have giving and the male

who carried out the medical is nor registered with them as this would be on their system and a reference number produced?

Could it be that in their haste to get as many disabled people off this benefit and the volume of claimants being assessed that both the DWP and

Atos are now employing ghost doctors not qualified, if so again this is completely flawed.

Raise this issue with your local MP, seriously, hammer them and demand they explain why the sick and disabled are still being persecuted by this government.

Secondly, the fact that they are not on the GMC register isn't surprising at all, yours is the second case I have read where an unregistered HCP has carried out an assessment and then fabricated the report in order to remove the social security from the claimant.

Criminal possibly, morally wrong, most definitely!

Did they, the assessor claim to be a Dr?

Raise this issue with your local MP, seriously, hammer them and demand they explain why the sick and disabled are still being persecuted by this government.

Secondly, the fact that they are not on the GMC register isn't surprising at all, yours is the second case I have read where an unregistered HCP has carried out an assessment and then fabricated the report in order to remove the social security from the claimant.

Criminal possibly, morally wrong, most definitely!

Did they, the assessor claim to be a Dr?

I don't know the answer to this, but does the assessor for PIP have to be a doctor? For ESA it can be a qualified healthcare professional [HCP] who has done a few weeks' course with Atos.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't know the answer to this, but does the assessor for PIP have to be a doctor? For ESA it can be a qualified healthcare professional [HCP] who has done a few weeks' course with Atos.

HB

No they don't have to be a Dr , they are HCP's whatever they are

Mine is on record as saying that baked beans on toast is a simple one course meal - what a pile of crap

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

No they don't have to be a Dr , they are HCP's whatever they are

Mine is on record as saying that baked beans on toast is a simple one course meal - what a pile of crap

Ha ha ha, that is first class BS.....I read one where it said that the claimant had 'dyed hair', god forbid any of us should even dream of trying to make ourselves feel better by a bit of pampering!

Thank you fletch and BB. I know some crazy things happen and that you've had your own problems, but could we keep to advising andydub please and keep this thread on track? :)

HB

Yes apologies, I blame Fletch...... :focus: