Ethical Parking Contractual Breach Charge - Chichester College

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I agree with you. It looks like one of their standard letters as the amount has gone up to £160 for no reason and burbling on about the Beavis case when it's probably irrelevant.

The guys will tell you if it's worth replying or not. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee. Just seen one of erics replies to a similar case but in regards to Shoreham Airport. Looks like I may be writing to them, but I shall await a response from eric and hopefully one of his cunningly written drafts :wink:

I agree with you. It looks like one of their standard letters as the amount has gone up to £160 for no reason and burbling on about the Beavis case when it's probably irrelevant.

The guys will tell you if it's worth replying or not. :)

HB

Just don't ignore a claimform

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Gladstones are the IPC in another frock so they persuade the members to use them for their debt collection and if possible legal actions.

However, they are greedy and incompetent and make deals that could be Champerty (look it up) and Maintenance so although this letter in itself is harmless I feel it would be wise to create a paper trail via Gladstones so you can use it against them later if necessary.

You need to be firm in your wording so something like:-

Dear Will and John,

as you are the worlds greatest solicitors and in no way compromised by your directorships of the IPC you will know that the demand you make for £160 bears no relationship to what can be claimed as a debt in this matter.

You should also advise your client that any debt to them is denied in its entirety and that it is denied that the keeper was the driver at the time of this alleged event and puts it to "strict proof" that they identify the debtor before employing you to waste their money an a doomed civil action.

Mind you, they must be desperate employing you as debt collectors AFTER DR+ have failed to get anywhere, that really shows where you stand in the shoddy and murky debt collecting world.

I hope that when you pass this on to your clients they see sense and realise that they have been rumbled before they have been Gladstoned to quote a famous blogger of the motoring world.

If you want to take this bold approach do not try and water it down or you will be getting a claim form.

This letter lets them know that you are not going to pay and not going to be cowed by their threats as you are well aware of their behaviour and reputation.

Thanks Eric, I will get that sent out today. DO I just send it to Gladstones or to Ethical as well.

Just one point (please bear with me, I'm still trying to actually comprehend it). The bit where you say that it is denied that the keeper was the driver at the time, is that just a phrase being used as I am not denying i parked the vehicle, it's just i purchased a ticket that somehow ended up upside down.

Thanks

that will do fine. I would be tempted to send a copy to Ethical as well so they know that you are not frit of their advisors and they may decide that as you know gladdys are really a laughing stock they will think twice about usingnthem further, even if that is on a promise of payment by results (hah!)

• 1 year later...

threads more than a year old and where do they use the word FINE please.

better to start a new thread

of your own please

you wont get seen here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threads more than a year old and where do they use the word FINE please.

better to start a new thread

of your own please

you wont get seen here

dx

Thanks Dx, but I'm specifically looking for a response from the OP rather than advice from others.

Unfortunately I cannot direct message them as I am new...

quite correct too

PM advise is not allowed.

they never heard anything , but ofcourse people never bother to return, just forget about it

start a new thread ….posting on an existing thread is not how CAG operates.

the OP has not looked at CAG since 25th aug last year

and they

I'm not after PM advice either, I'm not requesting advice at all.

I was hoping they might have a further photograph from the site, specifically the small T&C signs dotted around the car park which are very different to the entry sign.

Hence only a post on this thread will suffice.

Hopefully like myself they will see the email notifications from your / my messages and click if they are bored.

post 14

but that doesn't really help you

why do you think they are important.

and they

I won in court last year, against a different PPC, purely based on the technical wording of their signage.

I also know from being at that car park that this college has a couple of different signs depending on the area.

So they are highly relevant, especially considering the case I am amount to make will be using this point.

oh well looks like you're gonna have to take a trip then.

only 2 threads here on this carpark..

so you've a court claim on this one then?

and they