Capquest/Drydens claimform - old Vanquis card 'debt'

praise1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone help pls, i just received a court claim for a money i owed on credit card about £1k with Xcredit card company since 2010 which was passed to capquest then to drysden fairfax solicitor,

what do i do pls the court letter was issed on 14th Oct 16, i check my credit report from experian and it does not show the credit drysden are requesting for, it only show two other credit i owed only,

i have called experian again to recheck my file but they are having problem with their server now, will do that tomorrow, can i go get a no-win-mo-fee to help me out pls,

i will appreciate any question to help me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum

Welcome to CAG praise1 ....please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link in post 2 please

Then we can help

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks andy,

i am new here and dont know about all this claim thing.

@theoldrouge , below is the information answer

Name of the Claimant ? CAPQUEST INVESTMENT LIMITED

Date of issue: 14TH october 2016

What is the claim for , POC

Particulars of Claim

1.The claim is for the sum of £xxx in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with XXX under the account number 123456789 upon which the defendant failed to make payment.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with

3.By virture of a sale agreement between XXX and the claiment, the claim vested in the claimant who has a genuie commercial interest. The defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter. Contact drysdenfairfax solicitor on 01138233430

What is the value of the claim? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? around July 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Capquest

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? no

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? not on paper as i cant remember, but yes on experian credit report

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? no

Why did you cease payments? went to university, i wasnt working, i was a student when i could not pay monthly payment again.

What was the date of your last payment? cant remember but around 2011, i kept paying a small amount into the credit card from my food money after i had been given default from 2010 but i later notice getting letters from dept collectors on the same account so i stop the payment.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? i communicated to them then but cant remember since 2010

name names please who was the original creditor

no need to hide stuff to late now a claim has been issued for that.

have yo acknowledged the claim on the MCOL website yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello, i havent acknowlege anything as not sure what to do,

i didnt put their name here because they might be on the forum eavesdropping on this communication.

Kindly tell me what direction to proceed pls.

You need to name names, it doesn't matter that they look at this site, without names advice can't be accurate.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to name names, it doesn't matter that they look at this site, without names advice can't be accurate.

Thank you Bazooka, the original creditor was Vanquis bank, and the claim was made by Drysden Fairfax at Nothampton County court business centre

name names please who was the original creditor

no need to hide stuff to late now a claim has been issued for that.

have yo acknowledged the claim on the MCOL website yet?

Thank you, the original creditor was Vanquis bank, and the claim was made by Drysden Fairfax at Nothampton County court business centre, i have not acknowledge.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum

Welcome to CAG praise1 ....please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

Would you be able to assist me on how to proceed on this issue pls ?

Would you be able to assist me on how to proceed on this issue pls ?

You have 33 days in total if you intend to defend in full...19 days to acknowledge service and then another 14 days to submit your defence.Look in your response pack it gives all the details for registering to use the MCOL on line service.

Your password is already on the claim form.

Once you have your username...log into MCOL and acknowledge service and state you wish to defend the claim in full...do not tick contest jurisdiction...then log out.....thats all for now.Then work out your defence date and start to read other threads...you will soon get a clear picture of how the process works.

Your next task is to send a CCA request to the claimant and a CPR 31.14 request to the Solicitor named on the claim form...refer back to the link in post#2

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 months later...
You have 33 days in total if you intend to defend in full...19 days to acknowledge service and then another 14 days to submit your defence.Look in your response pack it gives all the details for registering to use the MCOL on line service.

Your password is already on the claim form.

Once you have your username...log into MCOL and acknowledge service and state you wish to defend the claim in full...do not tick contest jurisdiction...then log out.....thats all for now.Then work out your defence date and start to read other threads...you will soon get a clear picture of how the process works.

Your next task is to send a CCA request to the claimant and a CPR 31.14 request to the Solicitor named on the claim form...refer back to the link in post#2

Regards

Andy

Hello Andyorch The Consumer Action Group,

I appreciate your assistance in the above information ,

i did as stated in the documents ,

i defended the claim and proposed an amount i believe i owed and filled relevant papers to court, and i won the case.

neither dryden fairfax nor their collection agent has any proof of their said claim amount,

though i won the case but i had CCJ recorded now on my file.

My advice is that any consumer facing such action from collector must act fast to dispute with the collector issuing them CCA request and CPR31.14, they will not reply i believe.

Well done praise1

Pity you admitted any amount as it most probably would have been discontinued if you had defended the full amount....with no CCJ. Still you have resolved it the amount you legally are indebted for...bad enough to get a judgment for the incorrect amount...at least yours is a true reflection.

Regards

Andy