False accusations costing loss of earning.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am in a occupation that has very strict security and H&S Rules and I operate as a self employed limited company in this industry.

Recently whilst on site I was calculating the ullage values of underground petroleum tanks using a solar power calculator as allowed by the company that I was working for. However the site manageress interrupted me from my work to inform me of a gate that needs to be open whilst I'm on site. Cut long story short, she see me using the calculator and assumed I was on my mobile phone and without a word to me, she reported it to the higher authorities which triggered an investigation and render me out of work for the past two weeks.

I was requested to provide proof that I was not in use of a mobile phone at that time to which my mobile phone bill proved without question.

This so far has cost me a potential £3000 and I would like to know if I can sue the site manageress for loss of earnings.

A few points.

. She was not allowed in my working areain accordance to the petroleum delivery rules but did so without permission.

. She was not wearing correct ppe

. She did not question me on the device I was using to confirm it was a mobile phone.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I am in a occupation that has very strict security and H&S Rules and I operate as a self employed limited company in this industry.

Recently whilst on site I was calculating the ullage values of underground petroleum tanks using a solar power calculator as allowed by the company that I was working for. However the site manageress interrupted me from my work to inform me of a gate that needs to be open whilst I'm on site. Cut long story short, she see me using the calculator and assumed I was on my mobile phone and without a word to me, she reported it to the higher authorities which triggered an investigation and render me out of work for the past two weeks.

I was requested to provide proof that I was not in use of a mobile phone at that time to which my mobile phone bill proved without question.

This so far has cost me a potential £3000 and I would like to know if I can sue the site manageress for loss of earnings.

A few points.

. She was not allowed in my working areain accordance to the petroleum delivery rules but did so without permission.

. She was not wearing correct ppe

. She did not question me on the device I was using to confirm it was a mobile phone.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Why you didn't complain? This would at least clear your name. Then you could have more evidence for the court?