Barclaycard debt Resolved AP markers - now sold to LInk.

tedney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

I sent SAR last year (I know!).

I have looked through now and found that they sent me copy monthly statements in the SAR, with zero balances showing on all entries:

Present balance, credit limit, minimum payment due, purchase interest, open balance, closing balance and transactions.

Zero is showing on all as above on each month since June 2007!

I have not received any record of my monthly payments from Bcard, (made since 2007) since 2007.

My CRA reports show "arrangement to pay" and records the monthly payments there, but I do not get stats. directly from BCard.

As previous posts, a DN was sent in January 2007, and the requested payment was not made.

My question is: Do I stop paying, as clearly the account info shows zero balance, and they are not sending proper statements?

UPDATE

I sent SAR last year (I know!).

I have looked through now and found that they sent me copy monthly statements in the SAR, with zero balances showing on all entries:

Present balance, credit limit, minimum payment due, purchase interest, open balance, closing balance and transactions.

Zero is showing on all as above on each month since June 2007!

I have not received any record of my monthly payments from Bcard, (made since 2007) since 2007.

My CRA reports show "arrangement to pay" and records the monthly payments there, but I do not get stats. directly from BCard.

As previous posts, a DN was sent in January 2007, and the requested payment was not made.

My question is: Do I stop paying, as clearly the account info shows zero balance, and they are not sending proper statements?

Hi Tedney,

The CRA files should not be reporting "arrangement to pay" due to how long ago the DN was issued (2007).

If you stop paying now, it should not affect your CRA files at all.

If you last paid to the a/c in 2013 or 2014, the debt won't become Statute Barred until 2019 or 2020 so theoretically court action could be taken.

Did you ever send a CCA request for the a/c ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Tedney,

The CRA files should not be reporting "arrangement to pay" due to how long ago the DN was issued (2007).

If you stop paying now, it should not affect your CRA files at all.

If you last paid to the a/c in 2013 or 2014, the debt won't become Statute Barred until 2019 or 2020 so theoretically court action could be taken.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello Slick

Thanks for that.

No I have never sent a CCA request. Part of the info supplied in response to the SAR was a sheet with a covering page:"Barclaycard Copy Apps" This is a copy of my application for the card, dated 12/05/2003, could I assume that they would rely on this as evidence of a credit agreement?

Hello Slick

Thanks for that.

No I have never sent a CCA request. Part of the info supplied in response to the SAR was a sheet with a covering page:"Barclaycard Copy Apps" This is a copy of my application for the card, dated 12/05/2003, could I assume that they would rely on this as evidence of a credit agreement?

As the a/c was opened before 2007, they would normally need a signed copy of the credit card agreement to win in court. However court action could be taken using just the application and a judge would decide on the day.

If you decide to stop paying, court action is the only way they could seek to enforce any remaining balance.

As the a/c was opened before 2007, they would normally need a signed copy of the credit card agreement to win in court. However court action could be taken using just the application and a judge would decide on the day.

If you decide to stop paying, court action is the only way they could seek to enforce any remaining balance.

Thanks again Slick

I suppose I could work out how much charges with restitutional interest I could try and recoup. Previously they have said "time barred" As the statements they have supplied now say "Zero" balance outstanding, I am thinking they cannot have it both ways, or can they! t

Thanks again Slick

I suppose I could work out how much charges with restitutional interest I could try and recoup. Previously they have said "time barred" As the statements they have supplied now say "Zero" balance outstanding, I am thinking they cannot have it both ways, or can they! t

Thanks again Slick

Dont lose track of the missing payments....misappropriation and false accounting springs to mind and can be quite persuasive in litigation:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks again Slick

Dont lose track of the missing payments....misappropriation and false accounting springs to mind and can be quite persuasive in litigation:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy,

I have all my records!

Thanks Andy,

I have all my records!

• 3 months later...

Hello Again

What would you think this means: " B. to ensure no data is reported regarding the account on your credit file"?

Do you think this would remove existing data, or nothing is reported going forward? If the latter, what would the benefit be to me, as existing info would still be accessible and affect credit rating?

Thanks

t

Hello Again

What would you think this means: " B. to ensure no data is reported regarding the account on your credit file"?

Do you think this would remove existing data, or nothing is reported going forward? If the latter, what would the benefit be to me, as existing info would still be accessible and affect credit rating?

Thanks

t

Question i would like to ask as well

If the creditor has issued a default notice under 87(1) CCA 1974

That does not mean the creditor will terminate the agreement and demand payment, that is only giving the creditor that option if he so pleases after 14 days

If the OP still has current arrangement to pay updates on his credit file that tells me the agreement has not been defaulted or terminated and still live

Question i would like to ask as well

If the creditor has issued a default notice under 87(1) CCA 1974

That does not mean the creditor will terminate the agreement and demand payment, that is only giving the creditor that option if he so pleases after 14 days

If the OP still has current arrangement to pay updates on his credit file that tells me the agreement has not been defaulted or terminated and still live

Obviously

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Obviously

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Obviously

Which One please?

!.Do you think this would remove existing data, or nothing is reported going forward?

Or

2. If the latter (nothing is reported going forward), what would the benefit be to me, as existing info would still be accessible and affect credit rating?

Obviously

Which One please?

!.Do you think this would remove existing data, or nothing is reported going forward?

Or

2. If the latter (nothing is reported going forward), what would the benefit be to me, as existing info would still be accessible and affect credit rating?

Hi Ted,

Hello Again

Thanks

t

Can you tell us the context in which this was said and by whom.

Hi Ted,

Hello Again

Thanks

t

Can you tell us the context in which this was said and by whom.