• Tweets

• Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Madcelts Vs Barclays - Wedding Fund!!!

madcelts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After spending far too much time here reading everything, I've sent my request & cheque for a list of charges last week, and awaiting confirmation and receipt of them. Meantime, I've just read on Martin's MSE site that this morning that someone had gone into Barclays, asked for a list of charges, and mentioned she'd be prepared to leave Barclays after 15yrs with them. A week later she received a letter refunding the full amount. So I'm going to pop in at lunchtime, can't hurt to try ;)

Will let you know how I get on. And no doubt abusing your knowledge from time to time.

As from the title, I'm hoping this will be concluded within 11months, enabling us to have the wedding we really want!!!

Hi Madcelts

I'm sure that it will be sorted way before that, just keep to your timetable.

Perhaps you could invite someone from your local friendly neighbourhood Barclays Branch to come and have a drink with you at the reception. Tell them they need to bring their cheque book though as you will be charging the bar bill to them. LOL:)

Tanz

We hoped the same. We started our battle against barclays in july hoping we would be the money before our wedding end of december but just got a court date for march next year!! How annoying, it's my money they have and they can do as they please with it. Good luck for getting yours before your wedding. :razz:

Prem letter sent 19th August asking for £1465.00

Fob off letter received 24 August :mad:

LBA letter sent 3 September

MCOL started 12 September

Deemed as served 17 September

Offer of £550 received 18 September :(

(Not accepting, waiting for acknowledgement!)

Acknowledged on 25 September yey! :)

Defended on 8 October

Allocation Questionnaire received 14th October

And we're off.........

Mr Townsend sent me a personalised letter ;) which I received this evening, stating 'waffle waffle blah blah... we will send you your statements within the next few weeks.' Why not just give me my money now, save all this dancing around :mad: .

Do you think my bride-to-be will let me have pole dancers at either side of the top table, as long as I pay for them with my to-be-newly-acquired-cheque? :D

Well amount tallied, spreadsheet put together, and Preliminary letter put together, attached alongside an interest-free version of the spreadsheet. Sending recorded delivery this morning. My question to you, "14 days to respond"...are we talking working days or are we including weekends and bank holidays? I'm sending it today, so when do I send my next letter? :confused:

oh poo poo. I've just read a thread saying that Barclays are asking that an overdraft is paid back in full. Mine is for £1600, which I don't have, and would be just about covered by my claim when I get paid it.

Can they ask for it back while I'm in this process? Any suggestions? :eek:

Unlike the bank, you should work in real days. Your claim your timescale. 4th December, send off your LBA.

I'm in very much the same situation as you. I think, reading other posts, that Barclays are calling in unagreed overdrafts. Mine ( and I assume yours) is agreed. They'd have a difficult time. If they do, point out that you are in dispute over the account and it is a breach of the banking code of practice to close an account in those circumstances. There are a few really good letters on this.

If you make an agreement to pay off your overdraft at the amount you can afford and stick to the payments, there's little they can do.

• Haha 1

18/11/2006 Recieved Statements from Barclays.

20/11/2006 Sent Prelim for return of £575.

27/11/2006 Received offer of £290.

4/12/2006 Sent LBA.

8/1/2007 Filed Small Claim at court.

12/02/2007 Full settlemant from Barclay's.

12/02/2007 LBA sent to Mint.

They do not, as a general rule, do that. there may be other factors in the other persons' account which we are unaware of which has forced the banks' hand.

Interfering with the account whilst it is in dispute (which yours is) goes against the Banking code but that is why it is stressed in the FAQ's that a parachute account should be opened.

• Haha 1

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 3 weeks later...

LBA has been actioned, and sent. Currently preparing for my MCOL form. Can someone help me with these assumptions, just to make sure I'm right;

1) You need to pay £120 to make a claim with the court

2) You don't include this in your list of charges you are claiming for

3) You do include the interest of 8% as well as a daily charge from the moment you issue the claim

4) How do you send the charges when you MCOL online?

5) The bank won't have a copy of the charges WITH interest claimed at this point.

Can anyone help with any of these questions?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know too much about the MCOL bits, I'll be walking to the court with my poor little Scottish forms ;). The assumptions you make seem to be bang on though.

Good news that you are progressing well.

18/11/2006 Recieved Statements from Barclays.

20/11/2006 Sent Prelim for return of £575.

27/11/2006 Received offer of £290.

4/12/2006 Sent LBA.

8/1/2007 Filed Small Claim at court.

12/02/2007 Full settlemant from Barclay's.

12/02/2007 LBA sent to Mint.

• 4 weeks later...

Barclays kindly offered me a sum of half (better than expected) a day or two before I made my MCOL. Now I'm about to send the rejection of settlement letter to them, and give them 7 days to reply (out of the kindness of my heart) and offer me the full amount. Then I'll do the MCOL, can someone please answer my questions above just to make sure I'm not making any incorrect assumptions.

Thanks in advance (I hope!)

hi guys

Whats an LBA again ive searched in the FAQ's but to no avail??!!!

I started reading all this back in October and got the gist but my middle name is goldfish!! Also can anyone tell me where to find the timetable or supply me with a link please.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys and girls, I'm ready to do my MCOL but I have two questions I need answering first.

1) I sent a list of my bank charges to the bank however I did not add the interest as I understood that you can't do this until you claim with the court. However, I've just read that I shouldn't do my MCOL until the bank have a copy of the charges with interest???

To give a bit more info, I used one of the spreadsheet (Simple Version) which calculated the interest for me, I then left the interest off the print out, and send the bank only the charges that I was claiming for. I thought that you only added on the interest when you complete the MCOL, and you entered the calculated interest or 8%, as well as the daily amount. Can someone please tell me where I have gone wrong and how to rectify, assuming that I have gone wrong.

2) At which point do I claim for the MCOL fee back from the bank?

A quick response would be really really appreciated!

HELP!!! This is holding me up, and driving me nuts. When I originally sent the charges with the LBA etc it was just the charges, no mention of overdraft interest which currently holds to be about £300. Now when I go to do the court claim, it states not to apply until I'd sent the charges and interest to the bank. I didn't read that I was meant to be including this interest.

Then when you submit your claim to the court, you add 8% on, which is fine.

Can someone...anyone!!!.. please advise.

Am I right in thinking that I should've been claiming charges plus £300 overdraft interest plus 8% when submit claim to court? Have I messed up the overdraft interest? If so, is it salvagable?

REALLY need someone's help on this.

(Oh if anyone can tell me how to change the title of my thread that would be great)

Hi,

Been reading your thread but not sure how much I can help.

As far as I see it your LBA states the amount you are owed and also had a space there to put how much interest was on the charges you are claiming for so if that is the letter you sent then I think you have told them how much interest you are claiming they just haven't received a breakdown of the interest yet.

Therefore I can't see why you can't get on with putting your claim in and if done by MCOL you then send copies with your spreadsheet including the interest, one to the court and one to Barclays.

Re. The info on what to put on the MCOL in the library covers about your court costs. It should be mentioned on the claim now.

Hope it helps

Laineybelle

HELP!!! This is holding me up, and driving me nuts. When I originally sent the charges with the LBA etc it was just the charges, no mention of overdraft interest which currently holds to be about £300. Now when I go to do the court claim, it states not to apply until I'd sent the charges and interest to the bank. I didn't read that I was meant to be including this interest. Don't panic. The 8% interest kicks in when you file at MCOL or your local Court. When you file with the Court, send a copy of your schedule, this time WITH the 8% added, to MCOL, and the bank at the Churchill Place address. Quote the Claim number with an explanatory note with the one to MCOL, and amend the Claim number with the reference number from the letter the bank have been sending in the note and schedule sent to them.

Then when you submit your claim to the court, you add 8% on, which is fine.

Can someone...anyone!!!.. please advise.

Am I right in thinking that I should've been claiming charges plus £300 overdraft interest plus 8% when submit claim to court? Have I messed up the overdraft interest? If so, is it salvagable? You have not messed up - don't panic Mr Mannering!:)

REALLY need someone's help on this.

(Oh if anyone can tell me how to change the title of my thread that would be great)

Good Luck

Welshman

But Sir! I've completed the N1 instead, I've sent 3 copies to the court, (kept a fourth myself), attached charges (+ 8% interest) to all of them. So as yet I don't have a claim number, I'm assuming I'll receive one in the near future? When this happens, do I then need to send a copy of the schedule (+8%) to my kind helpful bank?

Pte. Madcelts

But Sir! I've completed the N1 instead, I've sent 3 copies to the court, (kept a fourth myself), attached charges (+ 8% interest) to all of them. So as yet I don't have a claim number, I'm assuming I'll receive one in the near future? When this happens, do I then need to send a copy of the schedule (+8%) to my kind helpful bank?

Pte. Madcelts

Yes, I did, but you don't have to wait for the Claim number from the Court before sending to the bank. Use the reference number they have been giving at the to of their letters to you.

Welshman

• 3 months later...

Its been a while but I'm back, ignoring today's news regarding TSB.

I'm kept chipping away at my claim, and I send my AQ along with draft Directions for the court. Two weeks ago I received a 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)'. I am a little worried at the lack of information on it to be honest. Here is what it states:

'District Judge ____ has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

The hearing of the claim will take place at ___ on ______2007 at ____ County Court, and should take no longer than 5 minutes.

The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

The original documents shall be brough to the hearing.

Please note that your case has been listed with other appointments in a block list. blah blah blah.'

No mention of my request / draft directions, no mention of putting a court bundle together. I've read the link 'GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages. Don't think it can be an Allocation hearing as it already states its allocated to the small claims. There's no mention on the letter being a prelim/directions hearing. Leaving the Final Hearing (Hearing of the claim) but then why the lack of directions / mention of put together a court bundle. I'm bamboozled. Please help!