Ingeus say they know more than doctors about my health...

DoSACExile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really had to bite my tongue.

I think I'd be more inclined to bite something else, a head perhaps... It is a defence mechanism of mine, under stress, I go on the (verbal) attack with sarcasm and patronising platitudes, but never abuse or profanities.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You still have to do WRA, yes. But they have to take into account what you can and can't do. For example, one problem for me is I can't sit in a room full of people because of the noise (I don't process noise the way you do and it just goes into one loud horrible noise) so it's unreasonable to send me somewhere where there's going to be a lot of noise.

Perhaps you could also use your 4 weeks 'grace' to make them think a bit. Write to the manager advising that your seizures have currently increased significantly and ask what procedures they have in place to ensure your safety whilst on their premises, including providing privacy whilst you are having a seizure (make sure you say 'whilst' and not 'if', carefully wording let's them assume exactly what they want to assume without you lying or in any way exaggerating). Insist that if they don't already have them, they provide enough screens to completely shield you from view during a seizure or conduct all apointments in a completely private room. Also ask for the name and qualifications of whoever will be on 'first aid' duty whilst you are at their offices to be provided on each appointment letter, and also that they have to advise you before you leave home if no one is available on any particular day so that your appointment can be rearranged. A statement to the effect that the emergency services are not a reasonable alternative as you could have already come to significant harm before they arrive. You could close by pointing out that now they are aware of the safety issues surrounding your attendance, any failure to ensure your safety will result in a claim of negligence against both the company and any specific employee involved, should you come to any harm whilst at their premises.

It may have no effect whatsoever, but if whoever deals with it has their health and safety hat on, they may just decide you're more trouble than you're worth.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 7 months later...

Just wondering. I'm currently in WRAG section of ESA and have just sent back my form to be reassessed. If I'm placed in the WRAG group again, will I lose £30 a week from April or will I not be effected as I'm a 'continuing claim'?

Having said that, I hope I'm placed into the support group this time as my doctors and neurologists think I'm unfit for work or work-related activity as my condition has got significantly worse.

I think I've filled in the form better this time, as I had help from my parents who told me to go into detail more. Just waiting for any kind of response from Maximus now - sent it back around the 31st August.

• 4 weeks later...

Back story: I have severe anxiety (I haven't left the house for 6 weeks at this point), depression, epilepsy and a few other conditions which aren't under control.

I've been claiming ESA for just over a year and was placed into WRAG and referred to Ingeus at that time. I attended the first few meetings (which were tough for me) but they then closed the local office down meaning to get to appointments it is a 2 hour trip involving several buses. For someone with severe anxiety and epilepsy which isn't controlled, this simply isn't possible.

I have attended one meeting at this location and as a result, the day after I had a severe seizure and a large panic attack. Leading up to the meeting, I'd had several panic attacks. They have since allowed me to have two telephone appointments, but have also referred me to a "work coach".

My GP has said I am not fit for work. My neurologist has detailed my problems and the fact I become incontinent during the seizures (which can happen at any time, I have several each week) which has only added to my anxiety. I am also suffering from memory loss, meaning I can often not remember basic things like my phone number or the date, or what somebody said to me last week. This is terrifying for me.

Now, Ingeus are forcing me to attend a meeting in a couple of weeks. I rang up and asked if it was possible to do it via telephone, I was told "No, you have to attend." and that the word of my GPs (and letters) didn't matter.

I'm awaiting reassessment after filling in an ESA50 in August.

I asked if I have to attend, would Ingeus pay for a taxi (about £60 round trip) and they said they would let me know.

Why are they allowed to do this? I am already having panic attacks about this and am stressed about my pending reassessment (I sent it off in August and as of two weeks ago, they hadn't got round to reading my ESA50 yet). My GP has suggested I get my mum to write a letter (as I struggle to get my thoughts out properly) asking for Ingeus to prove they can provide a private room in case I have a seizure, evidence of each staff member's medical training to deal with my health issues and if they can provide information regarding their first aid procedures and what Epilepsy experience they have.

What do you think? Why do Ingeus think they know better than a doctor and a neurologist who have known me for 25 years?! :-x

several threads merged for complete history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bazooka,

I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and was told that I did not meet the criteria for the support group.

I didn't go to appeal because I knew I would not be able to see my Neurologist before the tribunal (he's the top one in the country) and felt it was best to just try to get my epilepsy under control.

12 months later and it is worse than ever.

I'm hoping that with the rafts of medical evidence I have provided Maximus,

they will see that I am now severe enough to be in the support group.

Maximus, I must admit, have been excellent with me.

I forgot to send some of the evidence (some of it came after I sent the ESA50 back) and they gave me an e-mail address to send anything further to.

It's just Ingeus who are being pains.

Well whoever 'told' you that was telling porkies, I bet they didn't commit that little lie to paper?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well, they did put it in writing but it was very vague. Just sort of:

Dear XXXXX,

As you requested, we have reviewed your ESA claim and feel it was correct to place you in the Work-Related Activity Group. Any extra medical evidence you sent has been kept on file or destroyed, as we are unable to return it due to the Data Protection Act.

If you wish to take this decision to a tribunal...

and then all the details of that.

Basically, they didn't say why they couldn't put me in the support group (despite my GP going through the list and saying I should 'easily' qualify for it) and I couldn't deal with the stress of a tribunal.

I'm putting a claim in for PIP next week and have amassed about 50 pages of stuff and several different health professionals have said I should qualify for at least the standard component on both sections. (Main ones being unable to complete tasks reliably, needing someone with me any time I leave the house, incontinence any time I have a seizure, which is frequent etc.) I just dislike all the form filling and box ticking that getting a tiny amount of money requires.

I've been claiming ESA for just over a year and was placed into WRAG and referred to Ingeus at that time. I attended the first few meetings (which were tough for me) but they then closed the local office down meaning to get to appointments it is a 2 hour trip involving several buses. For someone with severe anxiety and epilepsy which isn't controlled, this simply isn't possible.

DWP guidance on travel time to a place of work, and one would hope that this includes activities such as Ingeus appointments, is that it should take no more than 90 minutes each way. If it is taking two hours, then I'd be raising a complaint with the DWP, via an MP if needs be.

Ingeus have said they'll pay for the taxi fare.

Can't help but think I'll get there and they won't pay for me to get home. I'm taking my dad with me anyway as he helps to look after me. My dad has typed up a letter asking that in future they notify us of their first aid qualifications, proof they can provide a private area and who exactly will be qualified on the day I am there and what their experience in epilepsy is. Doctor has read it and thinks it's excellent. Question is - what will Ingeus do? I don't want to be sanctioned purely because I want to feel safe if I'm being made to go somewhere foreign to me.

They can't apply a sanction merely because you wrote them a letter asking for accommodation for your health issues. As long as you show up and participate, you have done all that's required. And if they try to get out of paying for you to get home again, well, that would not be acceptable. You'd be well within your rights to raise the matter with the DWP's Work Programme Liaison person.

Now, as to what they will do, that's a tougher one. Mr.P is a better WP watcher than I am, but I'm pretty sure that you're entitled to private consultations and that your health issues should be taken into account at all parts of the process.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

[...]but I'm pretty sure that you're entitled to private consultations and that your health issues should be taken into account at all parts of the process.

As part of the original Work Programme specification, providers were required to make provision for meetings to be conducted in a private room. As some clients would have specific personal issues that must remain confidential (for example, complex health issues, or criminal records), these facilities should be available at all times.

For some providers, a couple of flimsy screens around a desk is considered a suitable "private area". A4e fell foul of this ill considered idea when I asked the DWP about breaches of confidentiality and passed comment about Mr.K's criminal record. Others may use the filing cupboard as a designated private area. Again, not a good idea as this exposes client records to the risk of unauthorised access.