Capquest Think I Owe Them £24k HBOS 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm typing this from a tablet so it will be to the point.

I got several texts from this company trying to bluff me into ringing them so I googled them, saw what they did and decided to ignore them.

Next arrived 2 letters saying that I owed them £24,000 for an account they bought from HBOS!

I've never had any accounts with HBOS and I do not know what the heck is going on!

I've read that these parasites are in the business of phishing for debts etc.

What can I do?

Is there a letter I can sent them to get them to feck off?

Thanks!

Norm

If you have never had an HBOS account, and don't owe anyone thousands

: they have you confused with someone else, and are just looking to see who responds.

So, you have 2 options:

1) Send them a letter (just one!), saying you have never had an HBOS account and to stop writing to you. If they believe that not to be correct, then they should issue a court claim against you, so that you can let a court decide. The risk to this is that they think "aha, we've had a response!," and they will write again, inviting a game of 'letter tennis'

2) Don't reply at all. They then may write saying they will send out a 'field enquiry agent'.

(So what?, you still don't owe it),,,,,. If anyone does turn up, just say "I didn't answer the letter(s) as it isn't me who owes this debt, now get off my property!".

Either way, interact with them just the once, otherwise they'll think it is you they are after, and they'll just keep trying!.

cabot dont enforce legit debts, so if they persist, then its time to put them to proof.

also:

If you have never had an HBOS account, and don't owe anyone thousands : they have you confused with someone else, and are just looking to see who responds.

exactly. theyre so depserate, the person they could be after might be on the opposite side of the country, but they send everyone who has the same name a letter, hoping one or more pay up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Check your credit files if you haven't already.

If cr@pquest have marked your files, then you could sue them for defamation and it's money in your pocket!

Most 'authorities' who police this industry only do so when you've made a formal complaint to the parasite who's blindly phishing for money.

The problem with corresponding with cr@pquest is they'll then believe they have hit their intended target, so the best bet is to ignore them, check your files, and then continue ignoring them, but keep a diary of events with a view of reporting them to the police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

any old Lloyds BOS or TSB accounts ever..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I meant capquest. I was reading another thread at the same time

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

chances are they have contacted several people with the same name as their person they are chasing and have targeted you because you live closest to the last known address of the target.

I would ignore them for the moment but if they persist you should tell them that you are not the person they are after and to cease writing to you and to remove your details from their database.

If they dont then you can take the matter up with the relevant regulatory authorities