DR+ Demand for payment OBO JD Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

First post, great site and great help!

I received a demand for payment for an unpaid PCN yesterday from DR+.

It was in Leeds, in a private car park and as per the guy above, I did not receive a ticket. There was however a guy at my car (no doubt a resident) making note of my car details when I returned after 10-15 minutes (I was on a house viewing). I left and there was NO ticket on my car.

I will take advice from above and ignore the letter but expect another 2/3 reminders.

Given there was no ticket received and the DR+ website states "Disputes:

As per the British Parking Association's (BPA) Code of Practice, Point 22.7, the time to challenge the charge has now expired. The opportunity to raise your dispute with the Independent Appeals Service is also no longer available'"

I find it hard to believe that they can do what they are doing, I have had no right of reply as I didn't know about the ticket!

If I had time, I would argue that there will not be a photo of the ticket on the car, nor would there be PROOF of when I entered and exited the car park. I just hope the quieten down in a month or two.

Please do shout if I am doing the wrong thing in ignoring.

Cheers guys!

No ticket on car,

no NTK

and letters from a company that has nothing to do with anything?

Why would you reply.

However, tell us the date of the event and the date you received the first letter from anyone (inc who that was) and we can tell you what to say if they do try and progress this.

At the moment it looks like the parking co has broken the law regarding accessing the DVLA database but the DVLA make money from this so dont punish or disallow this permanently

but a complaint may well be in the offing should you wish to spend time on this.

All parking matters are very long-winded.

Thanks EB,

I did find it odd that this was the first letter received from them when it states there has been

"No response following correspondence to my address"

but no idea how I could prove they haven't sent anything.

TBH in my role, I get a ticket about once a fortnight but they are all paid immediately except for one that I am contesting (new thread being written up now).

Letter attached... (I think!)

DR+.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
attachment shrunk from 4m,b redacted and thread tidied - dx

If you pay private parking co charges I'm not surprised that they have decided to send you a false claim, they think you are stupid enough to pay it without question.

The day the parking co's can show the correct authority and offer a legible contract for me to consider is the day that I will pay up when they make a correct demand for any breach of that contract.

In reality I will park elsewhere, there are plenty of businesses who dont want to unfairly tax their customers and the sooner the rest see the light the better but in the UK we have this self-destructive character trait,

we buy goods from people who sh** all over us, we run down or own manufacturing base to such an extent we cannot even make a glass jar to put marmite in and still buy the overpriced muck and then moan about it afterwards.

You will not find a Japanese person buying a foreign made car or eating imported beef, even though the home produced stuff costs 4000% more.

The French would just destroy all of the signage and camera equipment installed in a supermarket car park and the police would just watch them do it.

In Germany the parking cowboys wouldnt be allowed to access the keeper details so trying to enforce any claim would be a fruitless exercise.