Voluntary Repossession

Rickoza
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi We were quite literally forced form our home of almost 10 years by violent, aggressive neighbours who made our life such an absolute misery both my wife and I were off work with stress for long periods of time, my daughter and my son suffered health problems, and we were left with no alternative but to voluntarily surrender our keys back to HBOS in July.

It was a concerted effort by 4 families, 2 who had family members arrested for threatening behaviour, and we are now left with picking up the pieces. Some 3 months later we still have not heard from HBOS and are receiving through threatening mail from Solicitors representing them. We are now in private rented accommodation which is far from ideal, especially with a clown of a landlord though that's another post in another forum.............

The house we left remains unsold and from the looks of things hasn't had anyone near it since we left which I thought quite strange. I'm worried they leave it so long to attempt to sell it we are then left with a huge shortfall to meet (when we left there was equity left which had the house sold for even a bit less than the market value it would all have been covered. The longer this takes the less likely this will be.

The other issue is that we purchased a new boiler and had this installed in March. I know that we are liable for the loan taken to purchase this, however, it really does rankle me that we have this loan for the next few years for something that we will never be able to use and someone else will have a lovely, shiny new boiler! What I would say is that please don't anyone come on and give me a "tough" story or the likes, if simply there is no way out of having to pay this loan then fine it's a damn hard lesson to take.

However, as I'm sure some will appreciate, there's absolutely no way we'd have replaced the boiler if we were about to be forced from our home. The boiler in the property at that point, although not new, wasn't about to pack in either and was regularly maintained.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Return to the house and remove the boiler...simple to do ..turn off the water/gas...drain the rads and cap the pipes.Take a plumber/Gas safe with you.

Its your boiler.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. As tempting as that is to do, we no longer have the keys and given the nature of the reason we had to leave believe me we are fearful of going near the house so unfortunately it's a no-go. I'm not looking to simply get out of paying for it, I was just curious as to if it is part of the fixtures and fittings of the house, would that not be included in the sale?

Yes it would be listed as part of the fixtures and fittings

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread