Newlyn removed car for CTAX debt - but notice of enforcement is over 12 months old?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good result

council back down Newlyns backed down as they were wrong!!

obviously not a strong case if went to court otherwise they would not back down .

good result Bru as you agreed you owed the £310.

Leakie

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best result in a bad situation, Bru has to pay the Compliance and Enforcement fees as we knew, but the elephant of a months Storage Fees, which would be considerably more and the Removal/Sales Fee have gone away.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Nope they agreed to the offer they proffered earlier , if they were wrong they would have to return the 235.

The result, was because someone spoke to them and came to a sensible agreement.

All parties should be congratulated.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

just to correct Leakie post #203:

The Notice of Enforcement was 19/08/2015

The date of vehicle removal / car seized was 10/10/2016.

I must thank Bailiff Advice for sorting this out as there was never any disagreement with a debt being owed to the bailiff firm.

It was purely the area about if they able to take control of the goods of the debtor after the expiry of a period of 12 months beginning from the date of the notice of enforcement. when there is no arrangement with the enforcement agent.

this was never about, if any sums of money are owed, solely, may they take control of goods.

Bailiff Advice has worked to get the vehicle returned and back into my possession.

without additional cost, all fees such as storage and tow truck fees were removed .

The sum owed was never in dispute:

£75 Compliance stage

£235 First Enforcement stage

have now been agreed to be paid.

The £235 was never contested in any way Dodegball

Only the bailiff action itself.

Many thanks Bailiff Advice, I think all parties concerned acted to correct this matter , and the debt owed to the bailiff firm at the end of the day has to be paid as the were duly owed the sums as stated above £310 in total.

This was never about the money, regardless if money was paid to the council or otherwise only may they take control of goods and as such the the vehicle after the period of the NOE had expired and no agreement or arrangement was in place with the enforcement agency.

To which, I have my vehicle back .

FINAL UPDATE !!!

Taking control of goods and the Enforcement fee are synonymous. The truck fees are no longer charged as a sapperate dispersement.

Storage costs would not be payable it the outstanding amount was paid and goods returned in any case.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Glad it's sorted Bru

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Bailiff Advice has worked to get the vehicle returned and back into my possession without additional cost, all fees such as storage and tow truck fees were removed .

Many thanks Bailiff Advice, I think all parties concerned acted to correct this matter , and the debt owed to the bailiff firm at the end of the day has to be paid as the were duly owed the sums as stated above £310 in total.

FINAL UPDATE !!!

I was just glad to help in way that I could in order to resolve this matter.

Thank you for updating the forum.

• dx100uk changed the title to Newlyn removed car for CTAX debt - but notice of enforcement is over 12 months old?