BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1328 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i had a long term lodger who left 4 years ago whilst he collected some of his stuff he left his old motorcycle here now i cant get any response off him

id like to take ownership of bike in lieu of storage and need advice of if i can legally do this if so how id originally intended to scrap it but its a good vehicle needing minimal work to get back on road though it has little value id enjoy restoring it with a view to pass it on .

lodger did 18 months ago agree to get bits bike needed and id have bin happy tp fix for him but after so long with no response its just sat gathering dust and rust and if i cant claim it then i will scrap it .

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

If he hasn't bothered about the bike after all this time I suppose you could apply for a new V5 in your name (think it's form v62 + £25). DVLA usually write to registered keeper to inform that someone is making a V5 application and to respond if it's not the case (a bit difficult if he's no longer living at the address registered with dvla). If they don't respond they will issue you the V5.

I am not sure but is a V5 proof of ownership?