Debt from Work

gartom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

After many years I was debt free, however I work in a vets and like all the staff had an account that was paid in monthly instalments.

The company was then sold and the previous Owner (who I still work with) is chasing me hard for his money, and fair enough, however I can't afford the payment schedule he has proposed and I have offered what I can afford and have started payments with that.

He has refused my offer and is now sending me to a debt collector even though I haven't refused to pay the account.

I have requested from him an invoice, copy of my contract with him, a copy of signed credit agreement (there isn't one I already know that) and he keeps repeatedly sending me the invoice and has said that further paperwork I have requested will have to come via the DC.

Anyone got any advice on how to proceed please?

Ignore the DCA...maintain your monthly payments

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks. I haven't as yet heard from the DC, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak before they make contact, but is that the best thing to do, ignore them?

It's taken me 10 years to pay off all my debts and I don't think I have it in me to go through another battle :-(

Well if you do entertain them...it will take another 3 years to shake them off.....I really cant see a DCA being employed for this kind of debt in all honesty

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am not certain that the debt belongs to the previous owner as he would have sold all of the assets to the current owner and your debt would be in that package. To me it looks like he is trying to give himself a tax free bonus. If vets was a limited company just stop paying, it isnt his money. The only fly in the ointment is you still work for the person trying to deceive you and he is harassing you.