It's Boris vs Hunt now. Lots of rumours of Boris's backers 'lending' votes to Hunt because they didn't want to go up against Gove in the final two.

Europe think we're heading for no deal.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thats what boris wants. A no deal,  and then sell everything off to his best mate trump.

Trumps even said he wants everything on the table to broker a deal, and boris agrees with him.   EVERYTHING, including the NHS

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Posted (edited)

So it will be an unholy alliance of Boris, Trump and Putin.  Out of those which one will hold little or no power?  Is this what's meant by 'taking back control'.

I should think Trump and Putin are agreeing the carve up right now.

Edited by hightail

Well, in that scenario it won't be the UK in control, I agree.

I think HB hit the nail on the head with the Johnson/Farage match

The Tories under anyone are extremely unlikely to win any general election.

[sounds like} Hunt has said that theres no way he would call one.

Johnson Campaigning with Farage .....

Both are 'pals' of Trump

Johnson IS linked with Bannon and Farage ...

There would appear to be in the order of 25 labour MP's who would vote for a no deal exit, and have indicated they would vote to prevent the overthrow of of a Tory hard Brexiter.

I think there are far more than that Tories who WOULD vote to prevent a no deal Brexit, but there are at least 70 Tories who would vote for a no deal Brexit.- possibly more.

.. and of course Corbyn has now started the process to deselect any Labour Mp's who aren't Corbynites ready for the general election.

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

1 minute ago, tobyjugg2 said:

There would appear to be in the order of 25 labour MP's who would vote for a no deal exit, and have

Yup they would not oppose a no deal, but ... Almost impossible to imagine they wouldn't vote to bring down a Tory Government.  

8 minutes ago, London1971 said:

Yup they would not oppose a no deal, but ... Almost impossible to imagine they wouldn't vote to bring down a Tory Government.  

I get the distinct impression they would not vote to bring down a government thats promising Brexit deal or no deal until after Oct and a hard Brexit.

I don't doubt that would suit Corbyn too.

Did anyone see the article about the Observer being given footage of Steve Bannon talking about how he helped Boris write a speech about his resignation? 

Boris is denying it,  I just hope that someone confronts him with the film clips. 

Posted (edited)

But taking an average of current voting intention polls in the General Election, putting them into a Swingometer (seat calculator) leaves Labour  46 short of a majority. Even though the Brexit party takes 20% of the vote, they don't come out with any MP's, but the Lib Dems are massively increased.   Labour's most likely option for power is a Lab / Lib Dem / Plaid coalition, surely they must be thinking about this when looking to be pursuing a hard Brexit. 

Perhaps not a wise thing when needing to court the Lib Dems or even the SNP.

Edited by London1971

4 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Did anyone see the article about the Observer being given footage of Steve Bannon talking about how he helped Boris write a speech about his resignation? 

Boris is denying it,  I just hope that someone confronts him with the film clips. 

When Boris opens his mouth he lies. The people with the power to elect him, don't care.

Lets not forget that the EU is getting fed up with this.

Without some good reason for the EU to give an extension - a darn good reason,

There will likely be veto's - France at least and they are unlikely to be alone.

Probably what Johnson, Farage and Corbyn are hoping for.

'Its not our fault, its those damn Europeans thgat hate us. They just wouldn't give us an extension'

I think that it likely both Labour and the Tories will get similar results in a general election as in the European elections.

They are doing nothing to change the peoples opinions, and much to confirm those negative opinions.

I can't imagine me voting Labour (or Tory) in any circumstances with Corbyn now. That is from a lifelong labour voter (apart from a couple of times in locals councils for some good people - even to stop Johnson.

Oh

and that tactical voting advice seems to have been wrong in my area(not 100% certain though)

Tactical votes should have voted libs not green.

I think it will be different in a General election. Brexit party votes do not equal Brexit party MP's because of our weird voting system (remember UKIP in 2015).  Lib Dem votes will win them marginals (eg Oxford West in 2018) with tactical voting.  Plus turnout in a general election is always far greater.

And certainly the EU could kick us out, but it's hard to see them wanting to look like the bad guy here, and Macron has to talk tough because he is desperately unpopular at home. 

1 hour ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I can't imagine me voting Labour (or Tory) in any circumstances with Corbyn now. That is from a lifelong labour voter

Same here from a habitual Tory voter until a few years ago.  If we're all this disillusioned with the self-serving lowlifes that now inhabit Westminster we have a real issue deciding where to place our mark on a ballot paper?