• Tweets

• Please would you give us the name of the appeals company which you went with. I'm curious but alos there may be others who have been let down by them and I think that it would be helpful to know. Thanks   I see also that you have been asked to post up certain information/documents and you haven't done so yet
    • The boiler had started losing pressure. I was getting concerned about it. ASG sent me  a letter saying that to keep the warranty valid I needed to power flush.  On the morning of the power flush the boiler failed completely and I turned it off.  The flush technician decided not to flush through the boiler as he was unable to get it to work and reported it as leaking.  I then got ASG to come out the next day. ASG refused to mend the boiler stating that the power flush had damaged it.  I have spoken to the flush technician who has explained he did not flush hot. He has done power flushes for many years and has never seen the damage alleged caused by a power flush.  An independent gas safe engineer has also stated that the damage could not be caused by a power flush.  The boiler was maintained annually by ASG according to the contract. It includes a fifteen year maintenance contract.  I was g I NG to sar them and try going either via the FSA or possibly court. 
    • The Royal Mint has struck a special 50p coin to celebrate 50 years since decimalisation. This coin won't be released into circulation, but what are the rarest and most valuable ones which have? View the full article
    • Thanks very much that makes absolute sense. That’s exactly my aim at the minute to secure my vehicle. That has to be priority before I worry bout unfair payments etc. I sent the letter of complaint in the hope they may enter into a payment plan still. If I thought I had the time until the 31st January then it allows me time to prepare next steps etc.  only problem is If there is a ban on repossessions why were they attempting to do it the other day and saying they still are. 
    • Yes ban ends  31Jan Time order would be good  but Just suggesting a free urgent alternative to buy a 30 day stay BOS are still the Wild West of lending  Law Commissions proposals were dropped by the Government  However once you have secured your car you have grounds for complaints IRL, unfair treatment ,etc Problem is once you sign a bos you have effectively transferred ownership of your vehicle 
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No commented for a while, but I'm not sure I agree with this.  Most people vote either blue or green and the vast majority have never ventured outside of this narrow political spectrum.  There are dec

Err not quite. Here's the actual (unedited) quote by Lord James of Blackheath as recorded in Hansard:     https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2019-09-06/debates/0C259B8B-7232-4228-BB0

About time both sides stopped using Jo Cox as a weapon, this constant bickering with her memory must be absolute hell for her family. They deserve to be allowed to remember her and move on as best the

Posted Images

I cant understand why any talks are occurring at all other than as a front

Would you agree a deal with someone you know does not honour their agreements and already owes you?

and why is Brexit still happening when every single one of the assurances by the Brexiters justifying brexit are proven to be false?

Not as described - money back thank you.

Edited by tobyjugg2

"In every respect, he has acted responsibly, legally and with integrity"

Boris Johnson on Dominic Cummings' Covid field trips

Exactly the same benefits and no one is threatening our place in the single market - Vote Leave

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

On the largest military spending spree since the last one, Boris has announced that 16.5 billion pounds will be spent on replacing outdated rifles, missiles, tanks and howitzers with the latest lazer weapons.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-defence/post-brexit-uk-announces-largest-military-spending-since-cold-war-idUKKBN27Y314

Much of the funding to be sourced from the unnecessary waste of funds which would otherwise be used in foreign aide and feeding children. The rest and any overspends will simply be funded by the taxpayer.

Johnson has arranged for his old school pal Montague Money-Pitt to have £16 BILLION pounds to supply the UK military with up to a thousand of the latest lazer weapons - a combined light sabre and lazer beam weapon effective at up to 99 miles, which can be seen here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rechargeable-990Miles-Green-Laser-Pointer-Pen-532nm-Star-Beam-Light-Lazer-18650/333792493308?hash=item4db7953efc:g:s9UAAOSwlXJfr3gW

and the first SSAS (Space Special Air Service) unit will be set up with 4 of these latest lazer weapons and a frequent flier discount on Virgin Galactic flights for the team at the bargain price of just 100 million pounds each (400 million pounds).

Note

This UK military complete refit will occur in Tandem with the creation of the bridge over and tunnel under Beauforts dyke and its megatons of WWI munitions to bypass the NI customs issues of brexit.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/boris-johnsons-bridge-northern-ireland-scotland-become-tunnel-irish-sea-181131

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bridge-northern-ireland-scotland-boris-johnson-tunnel-irish-sea-a9379706.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boris-johnson-irish-sea-tunnel-scotland-network-rail-b1640867.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

Exactly the same benefits and no one is threatening our place in the single market - Vote Leave

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-talks-landing-zone-ireland-b1724454.html

lower down in the article reference to a report the current negotiator did:

"In a forgotten pamphlet written just before the 2016 referendum, Lord Frost argued that “it will be Britain that has to make the concessions to get the deal”.

Lord Frost's 2016 report, unearthed by the Financial Times, was written in a personal capacity by the future negotiator and published by political consultancy and PR agency Portland Communications.

The document, entitled “Britain Votes Leave: What Happens Next”, also argued that it “simply isn’t worth jeopardising access to the single market for the sake of global trade”. This is now explicit UK government policy."

see attached

BrexitBooklet_web.pdf

• Thanks 1

Slightly off-topic, Johnson has said he's standing by Priti Useless. His advisor on the Ministerial Code, who carried out the investigation, has resigned.

What does a minister have to do to be sacked in this government?

Illegitimi non carborundum

easy - critique Johnsons latest (but almost certainly not last)

"“So, Boris Johnson didn't fire Dominic Cummings for breaking Lockdown rules, destroying public confidence & costing many lives. But he did fire him for briefing against his fiancée."

- Piers Morgan

Pritti monstrous of course sided with her to get rid of people in her (patels) way

Edited by tobyjugg2

perhaps time is right to reacquaint ourselves with

https://infacts.org/exactly-canada-style-deal/

I don't know where else to put this. openDemocracy have found that the Cabinet Office has a secretive 'Orwellian' unit that is deeply involved in the Freedom of Information process. Very disturbing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/orwellian-government-unit-obstructs-freedom-of-information-says-report

The Ministry Of Truth.

• Sad 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"Moody’s cut its credit rating on Britain’s sovereign debt by one notch. The rating is still of high quality, though
one factor ominously underpinning Moody’s downgrade is the “diminished” quality of Britain’s “legislative and
executive institutions”.
"

- The Economist

Ironic that the £10 billion Sunack will gain from freezing the pay of the public sector heroes who kept us going through the pandemic despite lack of resources - including protective equipment ...

... is bang on the £10 billion reported as wasted by the Tories giving vast sums of money to Tory preferred middle men who mainly delivered faulty unusable PPE or nothing at all ..

.. Including £27 million to a single middle man for ordering some stuff from a Chinese factory - I'm sure there will be worse.

I'd have done it from my ebay account (probably more effectively and successfully) for a few hundred quid.

Wouldn't have needed an RAF Hercules to fly to Turkey for duff stuff either.

• Like 1

Apart from a few hauliers who are testing the IT system for freight traffic crossing the Channel, the software will only be available from 23rd December! Things look worse and worse for early January.

One would be excused for thinking the Tories want these businesses to go bust ...

They clearly aren't Tory minister mates ..

Tories:

Prepare for Brexit

Businesses: How?

Tories:

Prepare for Brexit in January, we aspire to have working systems in the coming months and years. 

Meeting these undefined and unimplemented border and customs requirements is your responsibility - as we've already told you.

Edited by tobyjugg2

For the party of business, they really don't seem to have a clue how businesses operate and plan ahead, just expect them to operate a system that comes out two days before a major public holiday, to take one example.

It is quite clear how to run a successful business

Matt Hancock? Whos he?

No mate of mine and nothing to do with my plastic cup and takaway box business getting multi-million pound covid medical grade vial  contracts under emergency legislation

(wonder if those were the ones that cost a fortune to be disposed of as they were such poor quality?)

1857880528_handcockwithhismateattheappropriatelynamedcockin.thumb.jpg.92c84274680d8704ea054c361e744b65.jpg

Hancock and his covid contract beneficiary mate at the appropriately named cock inn - where they (allegedly) never had a drink together.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/matt-hancock-former-neighbour-won-covid-test-kit-contract-after-whatsapp-message

Edited by tobyjugg2

Other than that, it would seem to need to be illegal arms trade

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-nigeria-arms-company-b1761832.html

Interesting that Corbyn, the Carbuncle on Labours backside, despite saying he did not intend to “belittle concerns” about antisemitism and regretted the “pain this issue has caused the Jewish community and would wish to do nothing that would exacerbate or prolong it”. 

has still not removed his claim that the scale of the problem had been “dramatically overstated for political reasons” by opponents and the media.

while his activists and supporters continue with their antics ensuring Labour cannot as yet move on from arguably labours worst electoral defeat in its history against arguably the most feeble of opponents, and continues to accuse others of tactics that the Corbynists blatantly implemented themselves. How Johnsonist.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/mp-speaks-out-after-jewish-4746153

Edited by tobyjugg2

isn't the Corbyn suing the Starmer?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That about Starmer so called 'interfering' in the process by refusing Corbyn the whip?

Bit rich from 'deselect em and refer any complaints to my office Corbyn

anyway, If starmer was interfering, Corbyn wouldn't be back in the labour party.

and Corbyn should NOT be back in the labour party before Corbyn removes that statement undermining the investigations findings - if ever.

Starmer needs to kick them all out .. now. Cluck might take unite with them ... but he should be gone soon and he'll soon be losing craploads of his union members when the UK car industry collapses - largely enabled by Corbyn even if implemented by Johnson.

Just as Johnson is crapping all over the farmers that supported him

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/uk-world-news/farmers-could-subsidies-slashed-new-4748707

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-farming-george-eustice-b1763767.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

oh and thinking that throwing the supporting MPs like Abbott out might force by-elections, some of which might go Tory ...

... its my honest opinion that a few more Tories in parliament now is far FAR FAR less of a danger to Labour than the Corbynistas remaining in their midst.

Edited by tobyjugg2

oh and expanding on one of the core points:

Corbyn said he regrets it took ‘longer to deliver that change than it should,’ but that… ‘the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated’.

- More Corbyn Johnsonite BS

and the point needs making that despite Corbyn claiming it was 'dramatically' less of a problem than those affected and an independent investigation claimed .. he still; at the very least; failed to address that alleged (by him) 'dramatically' lessor problem

Of course, a more accurate although still generous statement would seem to be that Corbyn took ‘longer to fail to deliver that change'

.. although IMO - Corbyn rapidly made it worse and actually empowered certain types of racism would perhaps be MOST accurate

Throw them all out NOW Starmer - it will be more damaging if you don't.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Several Jewish friends said they were going to leave the UK if Corbyn was PM.  They are now doing a Stalin V Trotsky it seems, but who will jezza target for the icepick?