• Tweets

• go back and read what andyorch said in my above links about a DEED of assignment NOT being a Notice Of Assignment. its a general document for a portfolio of MANY debts they bought on a spreadsheet, NOT specifically relating to YOUR Agreement. but your was like all others, a single line in a spreadsheet.    the sheriff has specifically asked for the NOA and the Default Notice ...neither of which the fleecers have provided, merly a load of ole twaddle like trump does to divert attention away from those NOT being provided.   forget the stuff about LOP 1925 etc that a NOE is NOT applicable in scotland , the sheriff has asked for it..end of!!   bedtime reading particularly regarding default notice sec 87 https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?484300-Cabot-nolans-SPC-Claim-Old-Next-CAT-Debt(2-Viewing)-nbsp&p=5119630#post5119630   read from about post 70.   as for the written submission. i'll find an example later.   dx      
    • Plevin is not a calculation. its a refund of commission they got as they had a backhander of greater than 50% of the PPI sum paid for selling it on behalf of the insurance company that underwrote the PPI policy.   you are after reclaiming the PPI itself. and that is what all our PPI stuff is geared too.   have you still a copy of what you originally sent though as you don't even KNOW what plevin was , how could you have ever have asked for it.!!   pers i'd write back. (you seriously need to stop talking on the phone!!) stating quite clearly that you REJECT totally their refund under the Plevin Rules. my Claim was to reclaim the PPI a paid, not for a refund of your hidden commission!!   i give your 14 days to refund inline with the enclosed spreadsheet , else i will raise a complaint without further notice to the FOS.   please reply in Writing Only.            
    • Kim Kyeong Yeon developed his virus-destroying machine after his child injured herself. View the full article
    • not interested in silly letter   the CCa return please   dx  
    • This is interesting as I was not aware that there was a difference in the PPI claims/calculations.    Long story: I asked for this PPI reclaim over 5 years ago.  The Woolwich loan was taken out when I had a Woolwich current account.  The banking sort code for Woolwich was deleted off the banking system when Barclays inherited it hence they could not find my current account let alone the loan.    They had told me that I had provide proof of the loan as they could not locate it.  I did the FCA deadline search and it still was not located.    As this was the last resort, I had to go into the loft and found it by chance.  They changed the new reference number from the search and attached it to the old past reference number as the complaint was still on their system.    Even speaking to them about their calculations and the one I got from the on-line calculators, no one can explain the difference, they just keep saying that they cannot speak to the PPI calculations team, they have to email them!    Also I thought the Plevin paragraph was standard information.  So this is where the mystery lies,   I can reject the Plevin calculation and ask for calculations based on my actual PPI sums paid,   would this then be in line with your calculator?
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

The numpties supposedly in charge cant even sort out trade with the island next door

Edited by tobyjugg2

Handcock alleges there are 240,000 tests every day - Yet figures show only 60-80,000 people a day are tested

... So whats happening to the other 160,000+ tests a day?

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

... when Johnson is happy to implement Border + Visas to access Kent?

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also interesting that Trumpettes are saying quick trade deals with the US can be quickly done 'piece by piece'   aka Anything the USA wants can be done quickly ... especially if it

No commented for a while, but I'm not sure I agree with this.  Most people vote either blue or green and the vast majority have never ventured outside of this narrow political spectrum.  There are dec

A key plank of the US incursion is the banning of source of origin labelling so you don't know where the food comes from.

Posted Images

and apparently have sweet FA of the systems ready to implement the Kent border,

... which is needed because they haven't got the systems in place to manage the UK-EU border or UK-Ireland border they have striven so hard for and had sold so enthusiastically ..

Handcock alleges there are 240,000 tests every day - Yet figures show only 60-80,000 people a day are tested

Why the populist problem with customs checks to cross the Irish sea to meet International agreements and Law

£288 million pounds a week - The ADDITIONAL cost of Brexit customs bureaucracy alone - stuff that on the side of a bus.

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

Campaign starts ? Independence for Kent, so it becomes a separate customs area and can charge a tariff on goods transported through its territory.  With the money raised, citizens of Kent might then have little or no income taxes to pay.

I could see this campaign being started and it could grow in popularity.

Would be funny if Brexit led to break up of UK and break away by some English counties. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Very good, UB. :)

I'm not clear on the status of Kent now. People are talking about it being part of France, etc, but how is tht when the 'border' only applies to lorries?

Illegitimi non carborundum

HB, is the Kent/France issue related to current arrangement with French border officers in Kent and UK border officers in France ?

Not sure whether this  arrangement will change from 1/1/21, if there is no deal.

Given previous actions by French farmers and industrial action by others, then with UK out of the EU, I can see problems ahead. Could there be blockades at French ports, with UK unable to exert much pressure through EU ?  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

And there are moves for Welsh Independence, it a mainly cardiff thing at the moment, as North West Wales is aligned miore closely economically with Cheshire, the Wirral, and Greater manchester, than the denziens of Cardiff Bay.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/new-yougov-poll-shows-highest-18832964

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The future of the free port of Kent?

Perhaps the rest of us should be implementing border checks this side of Kent?

Sri Lanka returns illegal waste to Britain

21 containers violated international laws governing the shipping of hazardous material

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/sep/27/sri-lanka-returns-waste-to-britain

"Another 242 containers from Britain, which the government said were carrying illegal garbage in violation of international law, remain abandoned at the same port and at a free trade zone outside the capital. They arrived in 2017 and 2018.

The Sri Lankan government is currently engaged in legal action against the shipper to have the 242 containers removed from the country."

Some of the plastics are non recyclable, and there is an issue with burning them apparently.

Meantime the negotiation pantomime is coming to a close

https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit-approaching-the-end-game/

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

7 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Some of the plastics are non recyclable, and there is an issue with burning them apparently.

Meantime the negotiation pantomime is coming to a close

The details say theres clinical and biological waste in the containers too

7 hours ago, brassnecked said:

So whos going to sign this latest 'great deal' on the UK's behalf to give it even a semblance of credibility ?

Boris the Liar/Oathbreaker?

Waste of paper ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

There are some crazy ideas being thrown around about asylum seekers, retired ferries and oil platforms, Moldova, Morocco, etc. Are they serious or a distraction from something else?

Apparently these are coming from Downing Street, so it's Demonic and not Priti Vacant.

In addition to all that, article I saw says priti monstrous was considering wave machine to 'discourage' dingies

So the UK gov considered capsizing dingies full of people to 'discourage migrant boats, and what? left them in the water rather than rescue as required by international law - that they had just broken anyway .. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-immigration-channel-crossings-border-refugees-priti-patel-refugee-asylum-b727075.html

They are a discredited shower of Thunderbird puppets, hancock looks like one in his gait and actions, Demonic is the Puppetmaster, he's straight out of a 1980's Charles Band Horror film.

Patel is clueless, fly migrants to Ascrnsion Island to process them.....

I'm priti sure that she wont be 'ascending' anywhere when the time comes. Nice and warm though? ...

Although If the legends are anything to go by she will probably be in a VERY small boat in a rough sea with Johnson, Jenrick, rees-mogg and handcock in the coldest part of the Atlantic .. forever ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

41 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Do you think they're serious, TJ, or is this a distraction from other problems like Covid and Brexit?

I think they were/are serious and simply further demonstrate the complete and utter unsuitability of any of these populists for positions of responsibility

55 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Unbelievable. I wonder if they've asked the other countries if they agree? It's not clear.

We are talking about populist plans here HB

Implement and change the laws to support it afterwards

... Financial sector is accelerating its moves of assets/staff to the EU as they are expecting VERY limited 'equivalence' which the UK gov are expected to immediately breach ..

... apparently part of the benefits packages are that they can get covid test results reliably in under 24 hours ...

UK car sector preparing to dramatically downsize/run down  as any 'deal' is literally not worth the paper its written on making any investment not specifically targeted at purely UK shrinking market or using Japans trade deal with EU VERY high risk. 

Just to say that Ursula van der Leyen is making an announcement at 11.0 CET. Some people expect it to be the start of legal action over the internal market bill.

Yep

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-vonderleyen/eu-launches-legal-case-against-uk-over-internal-market-bill-idUKKBN26M5GL

Somewht limited effects given the timescales, but even the threat of sanctions (far worse than no deal) will accelerate business decisions on leaving the UK

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the link, TJ.

So power comes with responsiblity, who would have known?

The attraction of Brexit seems to be fading, Business Insider had a poll the other day that said a good percentage of the population now think it's a bad idea to leave Europe compared to those who think it's a good thing. And Liz Truss has negotiated a deal with Japan that's worse than the one we had via the EU and given away some sovereignty.

Excellent.

• Like 1

Johnson will be thinking, they (the EU) cant do owt in the timescales before we exit and the EU wont break the law like I do

- but that simply shows the mans limitations in the cognitive department and complete lack of properly thinking things through - as he thinks he can just flip flop say owt, do owt without consequences - real business and real trade will prove him wrong and WE will suffer - he wont.

Johnsons blather about the good old days and utter incompetence is taking us back to the ;good old' days of the suez crisis

I think Starmer knows that and is largely sitting it out - not that he can do much without mobilising overwhelming british opinion - and he isnt.

bet Putin thinks his few millions investment in Leave was the best money he ever spent. Probably less than the cost of a single fighter plane.