so from august 2019 till june 2020, when harvey's went bang, you did nothing to chase this up?
then you wrote your first letter to creation, the finance company?
sorry i must say this story is getting mighty confusing..for want of a different word.
so how did this ultimately end in benson's getting involved?
I called the hermes help desk to see if they had done anymore to locate my rather large parcel, this was after submitting the online claim form.
He told me they there was no chance of it being found.
I asked if i am covered, he spoke to the claims department and came back and confirmed it was covered including the shipping cost of £21.00 so £321 would be paid back.
Nothing formal from the claim team in writing so far.
It was The repair team that do work for Harvey’s. They had to come out three times in the space of four months. After the last visit in august 2019 Harvey’s contacted us to say they would replace the sofas
If you can spend some time reading around the threads here as I've already suggested, you will understand what we have to say about the so-called insurance cover and how it is unfair and unenforceable. Please familiarise yourself with this.
Have they actually agreed to pay out on the insured value? Not only should you have the value of your lost items that you should also have the cost of the delivery as well as the insurance back.
They don't care about losing a lot of business. They've got a huge amount of business and although they are the most complained about courier company in the country, I expect that 98% of their deliveries are successful. Of course when you talk about the remaining 2% of millions – it still ends up with a lot of loss parcels.
The really disgusting thing is how Hermes then deny liability and try to force people to accept their losses. Most people give up but people who come here normally get their money back – but in your case afraid it does depend on the correct declared value