• Tweets

• Can anybody advise me please?   Been living in rented accommodation for over 11 years, old landlord who leased property with his shop has now left and so agents have become my new landlords, so gave me a new contract.   I'm really nervous as not sure what my rights are and could I get evicted as new contract says short term, 6 months.
    • It's the only way to proceed, he has to prove irrevocably that he gave me that information, and agreed to it, which he cannot do because it doesn't exist. Not only that, he sent me a trade sales invoice, other than that you're pretty spot on.
    • Sorry - need to put my glasses on!   I think you and the other posters have been at cross-purposes because they haven't followed what you are trying to argue.  You aren't arguing a fault etc with the car, you simply want to cancel it as a distance sale, and because the vendor did not provide the necessary cancellation information pre-contract in a durable medium, you are saying that you therefore have 12 months plus 14 days to cancel AND that the vendor has to pay the collection/recovery costs.   Although I understand that argument, I don't know if that's the best way to proceed or not.   I suspect not many people have tried to argue it with second-hand cars.  And that might be, for some reason I don't know, that it's a non-starter or it's too risky.
    • No, not all all.  It's up to them to prove you were the driver.  Well done in not telling them!   Remember in all this you are legally in the right.  Their parking fee was paid.  You're not trying to "get out" of something you owe.  They are in the wrong as far as the law goes.   So how about sending them something like -   Dear BW Legal,   cheers for your Letter Before Claim.   I don't earn owe your clients a bean, indeed your clients owe the driver of the vehicle who paid the parking fee - twice.  It is your clients' responsibility if the machines they buy second hand on eBay don't work properly because they're too tight to pay a technician to maintain them.   Your clients also gave me to no right of appeal or of paying a discount in contravention of their own industry's Code of Conduct.   You can either drop this foolishness now or your clients can get a good hiding in court, both are fine by me.  I fancy a winter holiday and I fancy financing it by an unreasonable costs order under CPR27.14(2)(g).   COPIED TO NCP   The reason i say to send to NCP too is because unscrupulous solicitors are well into their clients starting claims which are bound to lose, after all they get the £££ in any case.
    • appeal one has ref number showing other pix to screen removed please use PDF only     dx
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About time both sides stopped using Jo Cox as a weapon, this constant bickering with her memory must be absolute hell for her family. They deserve to be allowed to remember her and move on as best the

Also interesting that Trumpettes are saying quick trade deals with the US can be quickly done 'piece by piece'   aka Anything the USA wants can be done quickly ... especially if it

Err not quite. Here's the actual (unedited) quote by Lord James of Blackheath as recorded in Hansard:     https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2019-09-06/debates/0C259B8B-7232-4228-BB0

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

... and has stage fright

Nah Hancock has that already, he looks like a rabbit transfixed in car headlights or in the light of the lamp by the  sights of the rabbiter with the Logan Rifle

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Posted (edited)

ah - clear as mud isnt it HB

Johnson who can't sing, aint pretty and clearly has stage fright

wonder what sean Spicer is doing nowadays

A bit below his pay grade though I think

.. and that would be replacing like with like

... apart from a tad less stage fright

Edited by tobyjugg2

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Nah Hancock has that already, he looks like a rabbit transfixed in car headlights or in the light of the lamp by the  sights of the rabbiter with the Logan Rifle

I genuinely think that a large part of the Trumpish plan is because the Populist ministers are revolting

(in an extra way)

:-)

#

Strange isn't it that a populist movement that has been built almost entirely on lies (and dubious cash and media trolls), is so poor at it.

Johnson: Dom, the blame takers are starting to mutter. What shall I do?

Cummings: Oh for gods sake you cretin, get a professional front man and just lock the minister chumps away somewhere. Theres a nice castle I visited which might still have some working dungeons ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

Its official: Boris 'The Liar' Johnsons word is not worth the paper its written on

Jackson Carlaw: Scottish Tory leader resigns after just five months

MSP comes to 'painful decision' he is 'not the person best placed' to make the case for nation's place in the UK, statement says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jackson-carlaw-resign-scottish-tory-leader-independence-referendum-a9646521.html

from the comments

Swansea02 12 hours ago
There’s just two things Boris Johnson does that winds up the Scots - everything he says and everything he does. The problem for the Tories is that they have no real case to put for Scotland for staying tied to ’HMS Westminster/Titanic II’. After the Brexit disaster it’s only a matter of time now before Scotland becomes independent so the Scottish Tories are merely ’rearranging the deck chairs’and what potential leader wants that rather pointless task?

double posted again

Not even edited it (apart from the system possibly adding this when I press enter

Adam Price of Plaid wants a wall at Sealand and Welsh Independence as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Posted (edited)

.. back in Jan 2017

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

LOL, but Pricey is serious about it.

Posted (edited)

so was I

only difference now is that 'England' will be a small part of England run from the free port of westminster

Edited by tobyjugg2

I see cluckski is whining about Starmers attempts to lay Labours anti-semitism issue to rest ' and that the payments are an abuse of labour funding

Well in a way he is right - Unite and momentum and Corbyn and Formby should be settling those bills - NOT general Labour funds

Scurrilous toerags.

I think Corbyn and Formby and their supporters should be kicked out and they can take the anti-semitism issues and legal actions and costs and momentum with them.

We need to ensure there ISN'T a continuance cluckski any more than a incontinence Corbyn Continuation.

(Unison needs to take care too)

I hear momentum activists are raising loadsamoney for Corbyn (not labour)

- and asking disaffected folk who left during Corbyns 'reain (sic in so many ways) to return and support him

- Derr - they might have joined because of the expectations they had - but left because of the reality of him

He really is out to ensure if he can't lead no-one can isn't he

Throw him out and let him take anyone who wants to go with him.

Johnson cronyism rampant

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/cronyism-lord-speaker-tells-pm-to-cease-mass-appointments-to-lords/01/08/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/30/furious-boris-johnson-threatens-lords-reform-peerages-tory-party/

as are his lies

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-child-poverty-reprimanded-osr-parliament-a9646321.html

Even lying about British children going hungry - and undoubtedly just to suit his political stance - not even because he's ashamed

The man is total sc*m

Edited by tobyjugg2

Jenrick following up his unlawful approvals to save his rich mates millions ...

with just getting rid of and planning approval requirements so his mates can build whatever crap they like wherever they like

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-housing/uk-aims-to-speed-up-housebuilding-with-some-automatic-approval-idUKKBN24Y08F

Some people might hear:

a “permission in principle” approach aka build now, someone else can worry later

'you cant build fast when you have to build well

'Quality builds kill fast profits'

'green belt?, eyesore?, crap quality? - no problem

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tories have an undercover campaign targeting Labour seats over immigration.

They're using a 'survey' to collect contact information for a database to use in future campaigns.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-immigration-conservatives-targeted-facebook-ads-a9630796.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

They plan to make a killing with "Studio" apartments smaller than permitted for a Prison cell, with "Permitted" Development rules  probably  TJ

This from 2018:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/oct/10/shrinking-homes-affect-health-shoebox-britain

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/aug/25/flats-block-converting-offices-living-space

Those apartments are smaller than a 1950's council house lounge/living room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes I saw a report that the UK has the smallest footprint 'new builds' in europe

Theres been a couple of estates built on what is known as flood plains and wash meadows near where I am

Older houses here are going like hot cakes with prices up by 20%+ in just the last 18 months.

One down road from OH went as they were putting the sign up - someone passing in car.

A number of the new builds remain empty 6 months on.

'New builds from 15 years ago (three storey 'town' house terraces with small cat sized rear spaces) NOT on the floods/wash meadows going about the same price they were when new - the more 'desirable ones about 10% up in 15 years .. better than the losses early buyers incurred.

rabbit hutches

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

I agree, rabbit hutches.

I totally disagree with building on flood plains which is against everything they were designed for, especially with water levels rising around the world. It doesn't make sense.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Back to one of the other blight on the UK which simply refuses to heal, Corbyn

Corbyns carrying on with the 'its everyones fault but mine, no changes there then:

The labour who weren't me sabotaged me

Labour staff who have worked tirelessly for labour since Jesus betrayed me

Everybody betrayed me

I did everything right

We've seen the standard type reporting:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/07/jeremy-corbyn-accuses-labour-officials-of-sabotaging-election-campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/08/former-labour-donors-returning-to-party-under-keir-starmer-jeremy-corbyn

but this one makes the real telling points:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-general-election-2017-blairites-labour-party-staff-sabotage-a9660946.html

"What is surprising, in fact, is how little resistance Labour staff put up to the Corbynite reign of error. The document that Corbyn and his eight top people have signed fails to provide a single example of obstruction. "

"The giveaway, as Nick Cohen points out, is that Corbyn complains about 2017, when a lot of Labour staff were “Blairites” and he did better than expected,

and not about 2019, when he had total control of the party machine and did worse than at any time since 1935."

"With this pitiful whine of the sore loser, he has proved it. He has no judgement, and prefers the warm bath of myth to the harsh reality of responsibility."

Too complacent that lot, and they are big fans of Zoom.

Not with Johnson and Hancock Thunderbirds Puppets with Demonic playing Gerry Anderson.

dont worry about that.

Demonic is going to review the 'armed services'

.. Dont forget we are a nuclear power (if the US of A allows us to use them)

Wonder whose private hands the nukes will end up in? Serco? G4S? CIA? GRU?

Now where did we put those nukes?

Whats that bright flash?

What do you mean you transported them in one of your most secure vans that you use for really dangerous prisoners, and sent 3 zero hours contract guards with them instead of just the usual 2?

Edited by tobyjugg2

We're seeing what the Eugenics Kid is doing with dangerous biological material,

for Gods sake dont give the psycho a say in nuclear too.

Sociopath Johnson a step to far, let alone psycho E.K. Cummings

Demonic is as dangerous as a rabid dog, except we can put a rabid dog down