BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi Sneezer and thanks for your Site Donation which is much needed and much appreciated.   The info from the "Solicitor" makes sense if you were complaining about how CRS came to have your contact details. However, this is not relevant to your case. You didn't cancel properly and carried on paying for a gym you didn't use.   For the future, see the Guide here about how to cancel a contract properly and avoid trouble - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/383678-cancelling-your-gym-agreement-get-it-right/     Come back anytime to update us but don't worry about CRS or anyone else who makes demands. Let us know if you need more for advice and reassurance.    
    • They were communicating with lawyers associated to me too   They can’t serve a SD on your lawyers, only you.   As I said earlier - the lawyer stopped communicating  around the date on the SD they incorrectly served.  And the bank told me the receiver was now handling things and not to deal with them anymore.   The receiver never asked me where I was.  But he did email and I did reply or he did get auto reply.   Since I did have email communication with them - I don't think they could say they did everything possible to find me,  All they had to do was ask!  And then we could have discussed the situation.    It almost is the reverse - they did nothing to try find me.  And if a PI is employed to do surveillance then he must have realised only one person - the wrong one - lived at the  wrong address.   Does anyone have any info re post #26 and #28 above?   The property is being marketed for sale and the receiver is negotiating offers, so there was no reason for me to expect bank/ lawyers to be trying to locate me to serve any papers.      Surely any loss to them has to be proven upon an agreed sale.  It hasn't sold yet,   They may still get a high enough offer to prevent any large debt?  There could then be a different discussion re terms of repayment?   So I was not expecting anyone to be trying to find me!   But this is a bit of a digression from what  should I be doing NOW? Should I send them an SAR?  If they do intend to serve me correctly this would be useful, yes?   I am sure they have added all sorts of unnecessary costs to the debt that could be challenged?   Also there is a question over if they even had a valid notice of assignment?  They would have to produce that in the SAR wouldn't they?   This was a real query for me ages ago but it never got pursued legally.
    • Expect them to bring up every communication and claim that you’ve been dodging them / not providing them with an address to serve to.......
    • They have email and phone - and they could have asked/ emailed me?  The research I have done shows creditor's can use email to serve.   They never asked me where I moved to. The knew they made me homeless but they were regularly communicating other things by email - so they could have asked. They didnt.  No idea how they found the elderly relative. tbh - I don't have a fixed abode.  
    • Do they have an address for you?   if not, how are you expecting them to bring it to your attention? And / or serve it in person??
  • Our picks

How the hell have we got to a choice between Corbyn or Johnson

I'm quite sure that without each other, neither would be leading parties by now.

Labours Corbyn cock-up enabled Johnson, who is enabling Corbyn.

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

And they want to tear up the Human Rights Act.

Yeah, but "get brexit done" and all that rubbish....

Also, sadly, a lot of people think human rights are only applicable to those other "people" and only when they're being used for something dastardly 😂

I actually think although Boris will win a majority, very little of this will come to pass,  I don't think people are voting out of a love for Johnson, only that he appears to be the least worst candidate. He's got potential to be very unpopular, if not now, perhaps in the next few years when we will be approaching 15 years of Tory government.

All it takes is a good new Labour leader and the political landscape might look very different in the next few years.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Our PM has really covered himself in glory this week, hasn't he?

He took away a journalist's phone because the photo on it inconvenienced him and this morning he seems to have hidden in a fridge to avoid a TV interview he didn't want. Very professional.

Illegitimi non carborundum

None of the Party Leaders have showered themselves in glory, Johnson is a clown, and Corbyn apparently as antisemitic as Hezbollah.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The other question is. What if Johnson gets a majority? Surely Corbyn will have to go.

Corbyn will step down straight away if they dint get at least a hung parliament.  If I'm honest, I can see him stepping down if a hung parliament is produced in order for a coalition to be formed.

If Corbyn did step down, McDonnell might try to take over a Trotskyist replacing a marxist, still the same result though.  As an aside, wonder if they will nationalise bailiffs, with all those exiting new business and other taxes etc to enforce on when they aren't paid due to bankruptcies?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

12 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

If Corbyn did step down, McDonnell might try to take over a Trotskyist replacing a marxist, still the same result though.  As an aside, wonder if they will nationalise bailiffs, with all those exiting new business and other taxes etc to enforce on when they aren't paid due to bankruptcies?

Make the most of using this website as we'll all be debtors prisons soon as we cant afford to live in Tory Britain 

Sadly I think the right will win. In part directly because of leaving the EU but also because people are tired of not seeing the country being governed - they think Brexit then down to running the country. 

I am holding my nose and voting tactically , we have a new Tory candidate and a strong LD machine. Labour didn’t even select until the 11th hour 

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

15 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Our PM has really covered himself in glory this week, hasn't he?

He took away a journalist's phone because the photo on it inconvenienced him

and this morning he seems to have hidden in a fridge to avoid a TV interview he didn't want. Very professional.

Good job (for Johnson, not us) that Gove wasn't anywhere nearby eh HB?

Everyone would be wondering where Johnson was while Gove was announcing he would stand in until Johnson was found

... whilst leaning against a fridge door ...

and anyone who thinks either of these blots on British Politics will resign under any circumstances is deluded.

They might get thrown out , and claim they resign - but even that is doubtful

Clinging on like a mountain climber clinging to the side of a rockface in an avalanche comes to mind.

• Like 1

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Surely someone in Labour must realise that they need to change. As much as I hate The Tories and Brexit, it would almost be better if Labour lost really big because it would have more chance of actually evolving into an electable opposition for next time.

Edited by London1971

38 minutes ago, London1971 said:

As much as I hate The Tories and Brexit, it would almost be better if Labour lost really big because it would have more chance of actually evolving into an electabel opposition for next time.

Similar thoughts here

But as I also think both need stopping, and the libdems need more time to build, Johnson is the biggest enemy.

... Which is of course what Corbyn is depending on and the only thing propping him up.

Vicious circle

I'm still sat here wondering why people hate Corbyn so much.  He's the reason I switched from LIb Dem to Labour because he's started talking about the things I've been going on about for years.  Privatisation as the biggest issue.

The Lib Dems aren't left enough any more, and have almost merged with the Tories.  In the same way New Labour merged with Thatcherism in the late 90s.

Just now, Jase1982 said:

I'm still sat here wondering why people hate Corbyn so much.  He's the reason I switched from LIb Dem to Labour because he's started talking about the things I've been going on about for years.  Privatisation as the biggest issue.

The Lib Dems aren't left enough any more, and have almost merged with the Tories.  In the same way New Labour merged with Thatcherism in the late 90s.

Corbyn isn't that bad in my opinion, but he is unelectable, that's why he needs to go.

3 minutes ago, London1971 said:

Corbyn isn't that bad in my opinion, but he is unelectable, that's why he needs to go.

Who is electable though?  Another Blairite?  Someone who dresses in a sharp suit, goes through the motions and talks like a robot?  Because I don't see any positive change for Labour .. I'll probably go back to voting Green

Keir Starmer seems to talk a lot of sense. And there's Emily Thornberry.

The problem seems to be the far left clique around Corbyn and their line on Brexit. If he'd been able to say what he thought, it might not be like this.

13 minutes ago, Jase1982 said:

Who is electable though?  Another Blairite?  Someone who dresses in a sharp suit, goes through the motions and talks like a robot?  Because I don't see any positive change for Labour .. I'll probably go back to voting Green

Appeals to the middle, that's the way it's always been.  Yup, another Blairite will do it. Sure not perfect but infinitely better than Johnson.

issue with Corbyn is he is now identified as antisemitic, and any government headed by him could end up with a British Dreyfuss affair.

29 minutes ago, London1971 said:

Appeals to the middle, that's the way it's always been.  Yup, another Blairite will do it. Sure not perfect but infinitely better than Johnson.

+1

Far better an elected majority 'Blairite, than any form of elected Johnson or extreme ERG/Thatcherite

.. or any unelectable, undesirable, untrustworthy Marxist/Leninist/loonist

Trouble is we are left with choosing/losing our left nut or our right nut at the moment ...

(apologies to the Ladies for one interpretation)

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

issue with Corbyn is he is now identified as antisemitic, and any government headed by him could end up with a British Dreyfuss affair.

Yes but Corbyn isn't antisemitic.  That's the thing; I've not seen any specific antisemitism from him .  Several examples of questionable stuff from fringe members of the party, but the way I look at it is that they are representing the British people.  Yes, they should do more to route out these issues that are evident, but I can't see any evidence that Corbyn is anything close to Hitler (As some have tried to say).  In my working life I come up against all the discrimination's you can think of  .... racism, sexism, homophobia... What I mean is that these versions of discrimination are evident throughout society, and everyone should look at themselves before blaming the leader of the Labour party for all racism.   The criticism he has received has been staggering because everyone seems to be outraged whilst at the same time proliferating an atmosphere of discrimination in every day life.... fulled by the Tory party and people like Farage.

Why isn't anyone jabbing Farage in the eye and asking him to apologise for all racists?  Yet they're still happy to have him sat in their studios for a friendly chat even though he's not an MP.

• Like 1

Whatever, 

But he (Corbyn) needs to go if Labour achieve anything less than a hung parliament.

I agree, but it seems that leaders who say they'll stand down decide not to when it comes to the crunch, because they enjoy power.

That is exactly what they do HB, then you get the whispers, the stalking horses and the backbiting, and the voters suffer for it.

2 hours ago, London1971 said:

Whatever, 

But he (Corbyn) needs to go if Labour achieve anything less than a hung parliament.

He already came out and confirmed john McDonnell would take over temporarily if they lost