• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In regard to food shortages because of a lack of labour to pick crops, I would have to say that the UK labour market is very poorly organised.  You would think that social media would help people living in cities and towns find work out in the countryside picking crops, but unfortunately this is not the case.

What should happen in every geographical location is that farms list the work that is required with a central register. People interested in the work would register their details and availability with the same register. Once the work arrangements are agreed, you then need some accommodation and/or transport arrangements put into place. With the workers either staying on or near the farms or travelling to/from the farms.

Government could help to fix this problem by providing resources to help farmers organise their recruitment.

There are plenty of people who want to work on farms, but they live in cities and towns miles away from farms, without own transport to travel to the different farms that would be offering work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That sounds like a good idea, UB, I don't know if it's happening already.

There was a scheme last year, wasn't there? Brits were invited to help out on farms but I don't know how many stayed on. The last I read, it wasn't a very large percentage.

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/farming/a31954445/help-feed-the-nation/

It seems that the standard of accommodation is part of the problem and Eastern Europeans are more likely to put up with living in caravans or tents.

One answer is to raise prices - are people willing to pay more for fruit and veg to support British farmers?

Illegitimi non carborundum

There was an organisation that tried to recruit seasonal farm Labour last year, but the feedback I received from quite a few people, was that it did not work very well.  There were too many people registered looking for work and it was very difficult to match people with farm locations.  And people, need to be able to move around from farm to farm.

Which is where Government could step into help with setting up a better system.  Perhaps an agriculture recruitment agency, similar to how Government set up Manpower decades ago.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

In regard to food shortages because of a lack of labour to pick crops

I'm sure Tories think that way - let labour (voters) pick the crops and pay to be transported there out of their (very low) 'wages.

Good job a lot of the farms were going to go bust with the reduced markets, increased costs and increased low standards pacific competition anyway then eh?

(as many crop farms need dairy/meat income to stay afloat)

There are plenty of people who want to work on farms, but they live in cities and towns miles away from farms, without own transport to travel to the different farms that would be offering work.

Anything to support that opinion?

History tells us that the EU migrant communities did the work because they would do it cheaper and better than UK labour - as it was their way of life.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Yes @tobyjugg2 In a professional capacity, I have talked to a lot of people who are interested iin finding work in Agriculture sector, but they have told me of the problems that they have had due to location of work available.  It is not just matching people to farms where the work is available, but there are also problems with the working conditions offered by some farm operators.  UK workers who have completed farm work before will not work on some farms due to the bad experiences they have had.  Word then gets around and the farms don't attract many recruits.

I think the issues @honeybee13 mentioned about accommodation are really important, but add to that the poor working conditions and you can understand why farms cannot attract UK workers,   The EU migrants may have accepted the conditions, but they are now  probably working in EU mainland countiries, with  possibly better pay and conditions.

Perhaps understand @unclebulgaria67that you are saying that lots of people would be interested if 'unskilled' (misnomer) farming work was not 'unskilled' (sic) farming work

- but they DON'T want the actual job as offered - probably even if they were transported there and back 'free'.

.. and that is my point

Lots of us would be competing for farm work if it entailed walking around the fields in the sunshine and fresh air for a thousand pounds a week - .. or even much less.

But it isn't.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Quite often people live  at least 20 miles away from where the farm jobs are.  They have done farm work before, but  can't get to where the jobs are or would not be able to get  there for the start times which are often around 6am or before during mid-Summer.

There are also many people with no experience, who would like to have a work trial.  Some people won't cope with the physical demands of farm work, but people have  same issue  with warehouse work.

With the EU migrants not around to complete the work, UK Government working with the Agriculture sector will have to come up with a solution.

It took a few days but details that were in the Grocer article I linked to were in the Mail yesterday.

The hauliers and the British Retail Consortium don't agree on the effects of driver shortages but the Mail says the army are on standby to move food supplies.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A double impact from Brexit and the Covid-19 pandemic is said to have sparked disruption to the chilled food supply chain, industry insiders say.

In case anyone knows someone this applies to, over 100,000 EU citizens in the UK haven't applied for settled status.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Scheme closes in nine days, with many still at risk of losing access to healthcare, jobs and homes

15 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

In case anyone knows someone this applies to, over 100,000 EU citizens in the UK haven't applied for settled status.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Scheme closes in nine days, with many still at risk of losing access to healthcare, jobs and homes

They probably think they will lose access to healthcare jobs and homes whether they apply or not.

I mean, if they will do it to:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jun/16/acclaimed-british-cellist-has-passport-cancelled-by-home-office

as Johnsons says he will suspend the NI protocol ... unless the EU does (and the EU might for another 3 months - I wouldn't)

and Frosty  says: how could anyone have realised that the deal I negotiated with a border down the Irish sea would result in a border down the Irish Sea, let alone that the EU would expect us to implement what we negotiated

.. or that the EU would get a bit reactionary if we kept calling them names, abusing their citizens, and breaching our agreements with them

The Tory Legacy

I see 'Roam like at Home' is Brexiting led by O2

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-o2-data-roaming-charges-b1871484.html

and Boris is passing 'laws to legitimise it:

"The government says it has passed legislation to protect holidaymakers, including a £45-a-month limit on any charges for using mobile data abroad before having to opt into further use"

New brexit mantra

More of the costs - none of the benefits

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

You couldn't make this up. Gavin Williams and the PM want schoolchildren to sing a special song for One Britain, One Nation Day tomorrow.

They seem to have overlooked that Ireland isn't part of GB and that Scottish schools will be on a summer break.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/23/uk-education-secretary-mocked-for-one-britain-one-nation-day-song

Even worse I think:

rather than singapore on thames, its seems like the populists are simply going all out for 'little china'

Government plans to introduce new powers to crack down on protests have cleared the first hurdle in the Commons, despite warnings from civil liberties groups that it was an “all-out assault” on the right to demonstrate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/policing-bill-protests-government-vote-b1818118.html

"It creates a new public nuisance law that would make causing “serious annoyance or inconvenience” a crime punishable by up to 10 years’ imprisonment."

With the 'interpretation' of 'annoyance' by Priti Patel

"The maximum penalty in common law for public nuisance was life imprisonment and that's being reduced to 10 years. I really frankly do not see what the fuss is about

- Robert Buckland, the populist solicitor general

Parliament being the seat of democracy, our work should be not be disrupted”.

populist MP Sir David Amess

On the other hand:

“overreaching, sweeping and draconian provisions on protest”.

“The way this legislation is drafted would make a dictator blush. "

- DUP MP Gavin Robinson

""These are local matters for chief constables in consultations with PCCs and I was concerned to see the draft clauses in the bill”.

- Paddy Tipping, the chair of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCC)

Police "“have the laws needed already”

“I don’t like law for law’s sake, especially on freedom of protest.”

Martin Surl, vice-chair of the APCC

"Protest was the “essence” of British democracy and allowed the public to literally make their voices heard"

- MP Harriet Harman

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I agree, TJ, it's very worrying. I'm quite surprised that people aren't more exercised by this but maybe they won't notice that Priti Useless or the police can decide on whether a demo is disruptive or not until they find they can't protest over something they care about.

You'd think such a direct attack on one of the basics foundations of democracy would be plastered all over any legitimate independent news services worth their salt wouldn't you?

No doubt some report on some soap or gameshow will take its spot

The Tory Legacy

No doubt Patel has got bored with just having a hostile environment for EU and windrush folk

Patel:

You disagree with me and have the utter gall to say it loud enough for someone to hear - 10 years - lock them up.

The Tory Legacy

ee also reintroducing roaming charges ..

The Tory Legacy

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22548668/ee-uk-carrier-roaming-charges-european-union

Three and O2 have imposed caps on data so far, but EE gonna charge 2 quid a day for you to access your existing services

Brexit - the farce that just keeps taking

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Chris Patten giving the inaugural lecture for the John and Pat Hume Foundation yesterday.

“… the problem at heart is not the sausages you get from Sainsbury’s but the porkies that we all get … from Downing Street”

https://sluggerotoole.com/2021/06/24/lord-patten-the-problem-at-heart-is-not-the-sausages-you-get-from-sainsburys-but-the-porkies-that-we-all-get-from-downing-street/

• Haha 1

More on the 'sausage war' from foreignpolicy.com.

'Prime Minister Boris Johnson signed the withdrawal agreement and the protocol simply to get elected and get Brexit over the line—with no intention to implement all the detailed provisions that both sides had painstakingly negotiated and agreed. Has it been Johnson’s plan all along to balk at the provisions he didn’t like and create a fuss to pressure the EU into concessions he had failed to get at the negotiating table?'

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/06/23/boris-johnsons-sausage-war-was-deadly-serious/

• Like 1

Pacta sunt servanda

The Tory Legacy

I see Hancock thinks 'if boj can do it so can I

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

HEALTH Secretary Matt Hancock has been having a secret affair with his closest aide, The Sun can reveal today.He cheated on his wife with Gina...

"Hancock controversially hired the millionaire lobbyist using taxpayers' money last year"

"Ms Coladangelo, who met Mr Hancock when both were attending Oxford University, was a director at lobbying firm Luther Pendragon, which promises clients help to “navigate and influence complex legislation”.

In November it emerged she was given a role as non-executive director at the DHSC, earning at least £15,000 a year and having scrutiny over its running, but there was no public record of the appointment."

(seems quite cheap compared to Bojs' strumpets IMO)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-affair-b1872505.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Not sure if its just around here, but the supermarket fresh veg shelves are rather empty with just mainly what seems left over poor quality stuff on them

Tesco - really bad, and Aldi

Not been to Morrisons as our local one is one of the most mismanaged I've seen since our local Tesco got rid of the old established crony crew after reams of customer complaints a few years ago.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks