style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Compulsory id photo cards to vote is Democracy's.slippery slope to oblivion.I am in my eighties and along with that i find it very concerning when they say we are the "Government of the People"

If this is the "Government of the People" it follows that anyone who raises opposition can be called "The enemy of the People" A phrase often used by the Brexit brigade..

• Like 2

Quote of the day:

“‘If I am ever asked to produce an ID Card ... I will take that card out of my wallet and physically eat it’

• Like 1

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Boris Johnson has vowed to challenge the shock court order against him for an unpaid debt – despite it apparently being unresolved for six months.

Such judgments are issued in England and Wales when there has been a failure to repay a debt when “the court has formally decided that you owe the money,” according to a government website.

The controversy comes as the prime minister faces multiple inquiries, including by the parliamentary commissioner for standards over a luxury £15,000 Christmas holiday in the Caribbean and the bill of up to £200,000 for his lavish flat refurbishment and touting for donations for his latest lustchilds nappies

Quote(s) of the day

“I’m sure Boris Johnson can clear his £535 debt – he can just ask whichever Tory donor paid for all his wallpaper.”

Dave McLadd

“Boris Johnson said: ‘I believe that we all owe a massive debt to our nurses.’ … When he pays this debt off, he can pay that debt off too and give them a proper pay rise.”

Angela Raynor

and what was it Thatcher said about household and National budgeting?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Summary of Camerons being pulled up before the school board for getting caught:

1. He wanted to work for a fintech rather than a bank, but none of either would have him so he went to work for Greensill

2. Yes he lobbied desperately for taxpayer and NHS money while the firm was collapsing back into its natural state puddle of poo and wee, but he was refused - so no fault eh?

3. Would he do something different? - yes he would have picked a wind and piss ponzi company that would pay him loads of money that wasn't quite so close to collapse so his lobbying efforts would have more time and the issues be less obvious, so he would get the bucket loads of money promised him.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

4. He had no idea whatsoever that the company was in dire financial straights and was sure that he was desperately lobbying for a taxpayer bailout and NHS money because the company was so sound it was worth billions.

How was he, a simple ex-prime Minister of the UK supposed to realise it was anything but a gold mine.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

In contrast to our corrupt self serving so called leaders,

THIS is British generosity, hospitality and decency at its best

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/glasgow-kenmure-immigration-evictions-sturgeon-b1847002.html

The Tory Legacy

Oh look

BBC QUESTION TIME audience members turned on the Labour Party in the first question of last night's programme,

as they raged at "whinging" left-wing MPs who "lecture" voters.

An exact description of a certain Left Wing poster on this thread.

Perhaps more to the point than CON quoting a right wing twit-erers' claims is:

BBC platforming new right wing news channel presenters on question time

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michelle-dewberry-question-time-bbc-b1847434.html

"Many on social media questioned why the BBC was “platforming” GB News before it was even on air, while others questioned why Ms Dewberry appeared rather than a Lib Dem or Green Party figure."

A 'reality TV ?star?' who the voting British public resoundingly rejected

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Perhaps more to the point than CON quoting a right wing twit-erers' claims is:

BBC platforming new right wing news channel presenters on question time

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michelle-dewberry-question-time-bbc-b1847434.html

"Many on social media questioned why the BBC was “platforming” GB News before it was even on air, while others questioned why Ms Dewberry appeared rather than a Lib Dem or Green Party figure."

A 'reality TV ?star?' who the voting British public resoundingly rejected

This has nothing to do with Libs, greens, black or orange, they are nothing parties just like Labour is becoming.

This also has nothing to do with the BBC or Dewburys, read my lips "audience members".

28 minutes ago, Conniff said:

No one ever reads this except you two :)

You clearly do whatever you might claim to the contrary. and I consider it an honourable duty to challenge mistakes, lies and liars.

Interesting that when clear points are made to the detriment of populists (dead easy to do) - you turn up to attempt to troll them into meaninglessness - just like (IMO) you did with your significant contribution to the sites reputational damage with your antics

So CON:

1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting?

Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?

2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?

Quote of the day:

"total b*****ks" "solution to a problem that doesn't exist"

- Ruth Davidson on Johnson the Liars photo id requirement

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Thats your choice CON

I said "mistakes, lies and liars."

.. take your repeated false point about a need for pictorial id at the post office and supporting that with saying you went regularly

Tell us, were you simply mistaken despite your pressing the point?

AND Still waiting for the links asked for, and answers on the simple Questions I asked CON.

Expect responses? - give responses - I'll fight fire with fire when needed.

So CON:

1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting?

Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?

2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

How much is Your membership to your Corbynista club is that where you learnt to whing, whing, whing. I've never ever seen a proper post from you, they are all just whinging about everyone and everything except your beloved god.

Getting back to the old days here and a bit personal...keep it civil or the topic will be locked until you can discuss the topic in a mature manner

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Probably past both sell by and   use by date

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, Conniff said:

How much is Your membership to your Corbynista club

ROFL - me Corbynista - I considered voting Johnson rather than Corbyn as clearly stated here, and still think its a toss down between whos the worst of the two.

Is that another 'mistake on your part CON?

So CON, rather than accusing others of doing what you do - aka nothing but whine at people with opposing views and try to troll the opinions into submission

break your duck ducky

Both are crucial to the UKs democratic process and future.

The Tory Legacy

You want to watch politics life on BBC 2 Monday to Thursday at 12:15 then you will learn how right wing biased the BBC as become.I'm know leftist but can clearly see that someone on here is a rabid right winger.

• Like 1

The BBC has always been very 'conservative in its news reporting although there have been some really quality investigative reporting in the past - seems to be done now though - you need channel 4 for the quality investigating now. Even Panorama seems superficial nowadays.

BUT - That the BBC would have a '(lack of) reality 'star'' who has been rejected by the UK voting public when she stood as a right wing candidate rather than a real politician beggars belief

Mind you, Farage set the low bar - Brits didnt want him as their own politician - but would vote him in to the European Parliament even after his truer colours showed. I even voted for him once myself - regret that though.

we perhaps do need to understand that from CONs' perspective - pretty much everyone is left wing ..... :-)

The Tory Legacy

A week is a long time in politics !

Remember when the Tory party was written off in the late 1990's or early 2000's as the dead parrot party.

Next General Election is not due until May 2024.

Labour have a mountain to climb, as they need to work out what they stand for exactly.  They have become too focused on the politics, when people around the country want to hear what practical policies would make a difference if they were elected.

They can't just be an opposition party that complains about the Government.

My prediction is that Kier Starmer will stand down at some point and Andy Burnham will somehow find his way back to Westminster to take over, leading Labour into the election.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks